BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

01-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 E90, DCT, Space Grey

Hello Sydney members

Hi guys,

A brief introduction:
My name is Craig and I am a fellow Mphile.
I am in the process of buying an E92 M3 and after lurking on the forums for some time now and doing my due diligence I am almost ready to pull the trigger on one.
Now I have a question, no it's not one that the search button can answer, are there any members in the Lane Cove area (or further out) that could possibly do me a favour? The favour is, I have possibly one of the worst driveways in Lane Cove and I am really not sure if an E9x M3 will make it up it
The Land Cruiser is obviously no issue at all but the WRX makes it with about 15mm to spare at the nose. If I go any faster than a crawl it touches the deck.

I would normally just fix this but we have moved into a small unit block and the odds of getting the driveway 'fixed' just for this is highly unlikely.
So what I am wondering is if anyone possibly passing through Lane Cove would mind for 5 minutes checking clearances with me. A cold beer, snuggles or whatever takes your fancy (nothing suss) is on offer.
It is mainly to help me decide to keep the car in the garage on site or if I have to buy/lease another one nearby as I am not going to be keeping it on the street.

Cheers,
Craig

Last edited by OzCraig; 01-17-2015 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: Spelling fails
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 01:05 AM   #2
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hi all,

I guess there are no Sydney M3 forum members

Side question: being that a nice chap with an M-Sport 335i said he will drop by and do a quick run up the driveway, does anyone know if the ride heights are the same? 335's seem to look slightly lower than the M ??

Cheers,
Craig
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 05:39 AM   #3
Azurite M5
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Comp Pack

I'm pretty sure the 335i M Sport are lower than M3, they certainly look lower when side by side. I doubt you'll have any problems with a factory E92 M3 going up driveway especially if approaching on an angle, the only thing that may scrape is the material piece on the underside of front bumper (not sure what it's called) but if you do scrape that material piece is easily replaceable.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 02:51 PM   #4
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hey,

Thanks for that, very handy!
I have had a few friends come around in some lowish cars and they baaaaarely fit up.
A mates Saab 9-3 aero comes very very close at the nose

At the mid point

Another mate got his RS4 cab up there BUT his has the factory higher ride height that the 22 cabriolets delivered here all got so that leaves me a little out of luck there

Appreciate 0