BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

03-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
turtle_beck
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Interlago Blue

Bluetooth Music Connect

Hi everyone,

Im an owner of the new 2012 E93 M3. Im just wondering if theres anyway to play my iphone music thru the M3 bluetooth? I know for previous models they don't have the bluetooth music function. However, on the new one, it says on the iDrive that the car is able to play music thru bluetooth. I just dont know how to set it up. Does anyone have any idea?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
turtle
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
jwarner
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 Alpine White ZCP

there are quite a number of threads on this one. You need to enable bluetooth audio on your phone and then synch the phone device with the car.

You can then find the phone in the iDrive directory in your car and select it as an audio source.

I have a 2011, and use Spotify through my iPhone, or simply the iPod functionality on the iPhone, to produce the audio and then send it to the car via bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
turtle_beck
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Interlago Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarner View Post
there are quite a number of threads on this one. You need to enable bluetooth audio on your phone and then synch the phone device with the car.

You can then find the phone in the iDrive directory in your car and select it as an audio source.

I have a 2011, and use Spotify through my iPhone, or simply the iPod functionality on the iPhone, to produce the audio and then send it to the car via bluetooth.
Ya, i just figured out. And, theres really no need any Apps to connect it. Im sorry about posting this thread.
Appreciate 0