BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #309
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Sorry Julie, I have to disagree ... it is actually more then 50% of the parts that are changed from a standard 3 series to build an M3 car. The 80% you are thinking of is the percentage that the Engineers and Designers are refering to as being modified.

If you like to listen to it yourself then this video ===> Click and open video BMW M PROGRESS the first 1.5 minutes of that video will confirm this to you

I actually got this first hand from one of the Designers during a visit to the M Division.
Rolf, thanks for the correction. I cannot watch the video now but do not doubt what you are saying. Thanks for the link though, will be fun to watch something about M Division.
      12-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #310
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

[QUOTE=BPe90M3;10960166]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post

I guess its just the area i live in. I wouldn't say that I'm arrogant, I just hate FWD lol. I expect my opinion to be respected just as i respected yours. Like I said, I worked hard in school for my car. Cars are a very important aspect of life for me and my parents know that so I guess they just wanna keep me motivated. I had a 3.8 average in the private high school that I worked hard tho get into and now In college I am maintaining a 3.5+ average at Fordham University. Not saying anyone is right or wrong just statig what I feel.
It is great that you are doing so well in your education. You are obviously bright and motivated. Odds are that you will be very successful in your career so please don't take my comments the wrong way.

You have grown up in a bubble of affluence, however, or so it would seem from your comments. I am only trying to give you a bit of a reality check, which will serve you well as you deal in life with the other 99.5% of the population. It isn't your fault. In fact, my kids have grown up in a bubble of affluence also, but we are trying our best to keep them grounded in reality, and give them values to be able to interact effectively with all the world around them.

You wrote "you worked hard in school for your car". Well, no you didn't. Try going into a BMW dealership and asking them to give you an M3 because you are working so hard in school. What do you think they will say? Doing well in school will lead to a good job/profession, which, if you succeed at it (and there is FAR more to this than having done well in school) may give the financial means to acquire luxurious material possessions. Basically, you have been facilitated by your parents to skip a very crucial, discipline gaining step. The fact that your parents are well off and that you are a car enthusiast gives you a case to be given a Civic Si (or equivalent) and not a Civic DX, but no more.

You wrote "you just hate FWD". This kind of statement is okay from a seasoned car enthusiast who has worked their way up through the ranks of car ownership, but not from a college kid. As I said, you should be just thanking your lucky stars that you even have been given a car to drive. Any car. What's next? You can't be bothered with any wine under $50 per bottle?

So, I do not disrespect your opinion at all, but I do think you need a reality check about a few things in life. From the sounds of it, the people where you live may also. Again, please don't take this as an insult. It isn't meant to be at all. You sound like a good kid. You just don't know any better at this point in your life.

BTW, which private school did you go to? I am Phillips Exeter class of 1983.

Last edited by LarThaL; 12-13-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #311
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

30...Sys Eng @ a HedgeFund. Someone mentioned about IT guy needing a high tech performance toy. I believe that....my CTO has an E93
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #312
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post

Family first = driving a ferrari and living at home at 40

WTF
What's wrong with that?

It worked for J.R. Ewing.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #313
captainaudio
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
Was only joking Rolf - not many vegetable pickers can afford an M3!! I'm 37.
That's probably because they are not picking the right vegetables.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #314
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

^ LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #315
RDATL
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 328i

26: Attorney. I drove a massively rusted out and banged up '89 Integra for a few years (which I paid for), then a Ford Focus for the ensuing decade (which I paid for), and now my '12 E92 M3 (which I'm paying for). Thank you, parents, for not having me the money to buy me the '04 STI that I so desperately wanted. I'd probably be dead or, at the very least, unappreciative right now.

Last edited by RDATL; 12-12-2011 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #316
captainaudio
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDATL View Post
26: Attorney. I drove a massively rusted out and banged up '89 Integra for a few years (which I paid for), then a Ford Focus for the ensuing decade (which I paid for), and now my '12 E92 M3 (which I'm paying for). Thank you, parents, for not having me the money to buy me the '04 STI that I so desperately wanted. I'd probably be dead or, at the very least, unappreciative right now.
How old were you when you got your license, 13?

CA

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #317
RDATL
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
How old were you when you got your license, 13?

CA
14.5--Montana is a hell of a state.

Edit: I think I got my learner's permit when I was 14.5. And then, on the illustrious 15th birthday, my full license. Needless to say, my ownership periods above were estimates (I was probably in the Ford something like 8.5 years).

Oh, and Montana has subsequently revised its driving age laws due to a disproportionate number of youth car fatalities. Go figure.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #318
captainaudio
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDATL View Post
14.5--Montana is a hell of a state.

Edit: I think I got my learner's permit when I was 14.5. And then, on the illustrious 15th birthday, my full license. Needless to say, my ownership periods above were estimates (I was probably in the Ford something like 8.5 years).

Oh, and Montana has subsequently revised its driving age laws due to a disproportionate number of youth car fatalities. Go figure.
In Upsate New York, where I grew up, you could get a "Junior License" (Could not drive after dark) at 16 and a "Senior" (full) License at 18. If you took driver ed in high school (which I did) you could get a Senior License at 17 (Which I did).

CA

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #319
Limey
EXC MIII
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side

Garage List
According to Top Gear all M3 drivers are cocks.

Check out my build: Limey's E90 | Daily Driver Evolved

Last edited by Limey; 01-13-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #320
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonGentleman View Post
According to Top Gear all M3 drivers are cocks. I happen to agree. All the M3 drivers ive ever met have been complete cocks. In fact, I'm a massive 35 yr old cock cos I just bought my second M3.
I think you got that all wrong ... M3 drivers at one time according to Jeramy were cocks ... since then he changed his mind I think in one of the shows after driving the e92 with 414 HP and then the Audi he said ... Audi drivers are now the cocks and guys not getting A M3 would be cocks if they don't get one

Sorry Ladies (I know we have a few ladies here as well) I just like to point out the latest Top Gear opinion here of our car. I think the M3 is on the Cool Wall too at the moment at the Top Gear studio.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #321
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I think you got that all wrong ... M3 drivers at one time according to Jeramy were cocks ... since then he changed his mind I think in one of the shows after driving the e92 with 414 HP and then the Audi he said ... Audi drivers are now the cocks and guys not getting A M3 would be cocks if they don't get one

Sorry Ladies (I know we have a few ladies here as well) I just like to point out the latest Top Gear opinion here of our car. I think the M3 is on the Cool Wall too at the moment at the Top Gear studio.
Yes, according to Jeremy, the Audi RS4 replaced the M3 as the "cock car". Good thing I sold my RS4 for an M3 !!
      12-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #322
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, according to Jeremy, the Audi RS4 replaced the M3 as the "cock car". Good thing I sold my RS4 for an M3 !!
Glad I was not wrong ... my memory is still in good shape thanks for the confirmation.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #323
Limey
EXC MIII
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side

Garage List
Quote:
My bad. I do remember that change of tune.

Check out my build: Limey's E90 | Daily Driver Evolved

Last edited by Limey; 01-13-2012 at 11:53 PM..
Appreciate 0