BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

04-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Breaking News: JSC Hostage standoff.....

Hostage at Johnson Space Center (Houston) ended with 1 survivor and 2 dead.

So do everyone still think owning a gun is a good idea?

read about it:http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....2acd63a6.html
      04-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
esbezee92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego 328i Coupe

thats very tragic and my condolences go out for the family of the person who died but i dont think its neccessary to blame it on guns, lots of crazy stuff has been happening and most people blame guns rather than the actual people
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Gun control works wonderfully. Just ask the experts: Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Saddam Hussein....
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
I don't mind when criminals have guns to take care of their gangster business. BUT HOW COME THERE ARE SO MANY FUCKED UP PSYCHOS OWNING GUNS IN THIS COUNTRY??? With things standing as they are it's not safe anymore to go to a gas station or a grocery store because you may end up as a target of some unhappy and "abandoned" motherfucker! (excuse my French, but I'm getting really pissed because of all those recent "events").
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
It seems like an old-fashioned solitary suicide is not fun anymore...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
kingbriani
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 Honda S2000

this shit didn't happen in the wild west. why you ask? because motherfucker woulda been shot!! what we need isn't less people owning guns, its more. that way when the bad folks step outta line they get their shit shot! "wait your gonna try to kill a bunch of people? fuck that!" <bam!> end of story. "wait your gonna try to hold me hostage? nah man!" <bam> that what im talkin about! criminals and psychos and all of em wouldnt try shit cuz they dont want they asses shot! now come on yall, arm yall selves and help me put a stop to crazy folk!
Sport Package, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sunshade, Heated Seats, 6 mt
BBS RG-Rs
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbriani View Post
this shit didn't happen in the wild west. why you ask? because motherfucker woulda been shot!! what we need isn't less people owning guns, its more. that way when the bad folks step outta line they get their shit shot! "wait your gonna try to kill a bunch of people? fuck that!" <bam!> end of story. "wait your gonna try to hold me hostage? nah man!" <bam> that what im talkin about! criminals and psychos and all of em wouldnt try shit cuz they dont want they asses shot! now come on yall, arm yall selves and help me put a stop to crazy folk!

LOL good luck with that theory, try explaning that to the judge. Let me know how it goes and if it works out for you ill give it a shot (no pun intended)
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
kingbriani
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chade7320 View Post
LOL good luck with that theory, try explaning that to the judge. Let me know how it goes and if it works out for you ill give it a shot (no pun intended)
haha, ive got 8 words for you: "i felt that my life was in danger." but i dont just shoot anyone i think is crazy! then i'd get shot as crazy! but if everyone was armed, when bad situations did arise, they could take care of themselves and deal with the legal consequences later. i dont know about you but id rather have to explain to a judge why i shot some lunatic than live the rest of my life wondering whether i could have saved someone's mother/father/sister/brother/wife/husband/child if i would have acted instead of worrying about whether i would have to spend some time in jail or not.
Sport Package, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sunshade, Heated Seats, 6 mt
BBS RG-Rs
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #9
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

What we really need is to get rid of all this political correct bullshit! That's what's going to kill us.

My friends dad works at JE (Jacobs Engineering, who contracts with NASA), I wonder if he knew the guy.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #10
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
You're not going to pull this kind of shit if you know every other person in the building has a gun of their own. Plus if someone wants to break the law with a gun they are going to get one illegally if they can't obtain one through the proper channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #11
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

Quote:
your theory might work in some people's mind, but in mine, i would have to disagree

think of it this way, if having more guns per capita would make a country safer, America would be the safest country in the world, but that simply isn't the case

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #12
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Chris Rock once said you gotta forget about gun control...just make bullets cost $5000 each...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 02:08 AM   #13
ski360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
Chris Rock once said you gotta forget about gun control...just make bullets cost $5000 each...
you just quoted a comedian, on a serious issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #14
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360 View Post
you just quoted a comedian, on a serious issue.
That's kind of a stretch, don't you think?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 07:45 AM   #15
ski360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
That's kind of a stretch, don't you think?
I think it was a stretch to make a comment like that. Its just not realistic. Its like watching The John Stewart show to get the news. Might be funny but contributes nothing to the situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 09:14 AM   #16
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.....THE GUNS DONT PULL THEIR OWN TRIGGER....THE GUNS DONT SKEEM UP MASS MURDER PLOTS AND WALK INTO A CLASSROOM, AND START POPPIN CLIPS OFF.....DO THEY?
OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0