BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

12-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
///Montreal3
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3

Meisterschaft + Diffuser owners; in here please!

I'm looking to stockpile a bunch of parts for my M over the winter, a Gintani diffuser being one of them. My biggest issue at the moment is fitment. I'm running a Meisterschaft GT exhaust, which sits very close to the rear bumper. I've run the exhaust hard for over a year and there is zero heat damage on the bumper, but it's still close enough to make me nervous about the fitment of a Gintani diffuser.

A quick forum search turned up an issue with the length of the tips, but nothing useful in regards to fitment.

Post pics of your GT or GT2 with a Gintani, or any other diffuser!

Mods feel free to move this to Exhaust/Engine section if better suited to it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
The Database
Prepare to be virtually punished.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

I'm in the same boat as you OP. I have the GT exhaust, but am looking more into the Vorsteiner diffuser.
      12-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
jra85
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Check out this thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462109

My conclusion was that Meisterschaft just doesn't make their tips extend far out enough for diffusers. I have a GT on my car and the exhaust is actually slightly recessed from the edge of the stock rear bumper when the pipes are cold, and only becomes flush when the exhaust is hot. It's a shame because the exhaust sounds excellent.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
///Montreal3
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
Check out this thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462109

My conclusion was that Meisterschaft just doesn't make their tips extend far out enough for diffusers. I have a GT on my car and the exhaust is actually slightly recessed from the edge of the stock rear bumper when the pipes are cold, and only becomes flush when the exhaust is hot. It's a shame because the exhaust sounds excellent.

I browsed that thread prior to posting this.

Would really like to see some more GT/GT2 owners with diffusers chime in... there has to be one that fits nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Before you freak out at the pics, please read the whole post!

The tips will likely be a bit short. I like that look so I don't mind though.

From what I can tell, some diffusers are more aggressive than others. For example, my no-name eBay diffuser is pretty aggressive so the tips are kinda short. The Arkym that I have is similar.

On the other hand, the Vorsteiner diffuser (I have a Type 1) is not nearly as aggressive so I think the tips will be longer (haven't installed it yet). The top piece that goes under the "swoop" where the grill is, is much narrower. Also, the fins are shorter (in both vertical length and extension from the bumper).

Here's my no-name eBay diffuser (authentic Arkym is at the paint shop ):

I don't want these pics to give you the wrong impression though. EVERY other diffuser on the market has a center section designed different than this one. It goes OVER the "swoop" instead of under like all others on the market. That makes it stick out MUCH further.
Appreciate 0