BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #23
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
ownage
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 02:42 AM   #24
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman
lol that guy got what he deserved people should really learn to check their mirrors.
i absolutely hate it when someone switches lanes into myne going 20 mph slower or runs me off the road because they decided not to shoulder check/use their mirrors. Just yesterday i drove into a curb becuase someone didnt notice that there was a curve in the road.
I know exactly how you feel. Just tonight in fact I went to pass someone, hit the gas, was going about 15MPH faster (wasn't tail gating to begin with as I was slightly far back when I decided to pass) and the guy (driving a piece of shit) decides to screw with me and changes into my lane real fast. I slam on my brakes and almost hit the guy. What a freakin' asshole I'm thinking to myself. I could have escalated it and turned on my brights or tried to get around him again but you never know if the guy has a gun, will stop his car, get out and start shooting at you or not. I got the vibe that this was not a good guy so I didn't chance it. Besides, I was driving down a dark street in a slightly bad neighborhood. Wasn't worth pushing the car driving in front of me to his limits. Who knows what he would have done. And because the street was rather narrow there wouldn't have been time if he got out with a gun to go around him nor backup and turn around.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 02:47 AM   #25
klinkerklu
Respect my Authoritay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi ED

Garage List
2006 330xi ED  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
You're not kidding! I was in a '97 740iL I believe it was and wouldn't you believe it, on September 11th 2001 an 18-wheeler stops in the middle of the road and starts backing up. My friend driving freaks out and doesn't stick it in reverse fast enough so the truck backs up and pushes us half a block. Yes, HALF an entire block before he stops because he said he saw the car sweerving side to side in his rear-view mirror. He told us that he missed his turn. So he backed up. What a freakin' genius.

He ended up getting fired the next day because it was his first day on the job. Damage to the 7er was a busted radiator, headlights and a new hood was needed. Damage was $10K but we were both surprised that the engine didn't come through the firewall. Pretty amazing.
No shit! This actually just happened to me this year, but I was sitting in a Subaru RS. Managed to stick in in reverse and start flooring it backwards when the trailer rolled over my hood anyway. Never driven one, but how do you manage to push down a car down the street in one of these things without noticing? If it wasn't for bystanders that came running to help me ( I was getting ready to jump out of the car) the guy would have continued driving with me stuck under him. The RS actually made out pretty well. Test drove an STI as a replacement, didn't feel like it would withstand this sort of impact, test drove our first BMW, and felt secure it would withstand a tractor trailer. This video just makes me feel that much better about the purchase.
Stupid lane changers...:mad:
      01-16-2007, 07:03 AM   #26
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
lol that guy got what he deserved people should really learn to check their mirrors.
i absolutely hate it when someone switches lanes into myne going 20 mph slower or runs me off the road because they decided not to shoulder check/use their mirrors. Just yesterday i drove into a curb becuase someone didnt notice that there was a curve in the road.
Although you may have a point, if I could play devil's advocate here for a second. How fast was the guy in the passing lane going relative to the rest of the cars? He may have glanced in his mirror and saw the car, but at a safe distance, but then given the speed that the second car was travelling...whammo.

Both drivers have to be at fault in this one (assuming the video is in real time and the second car was driving way in excess of the limit).

Quote:
I may get flamed for this, but I don't know that "lol" and "that guy got what he deserved" are appropriate with this severe of an accident. Am I wrong?
      01-16-2007, 07:19 AM   #27
NFS13
Car Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is / R8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
I enlarged one of the frames. You can see the white car tumbling (red arrow). The dark car looks like a 2001 740iL. See 2nd photo, car on left.
It cannot be a later model because of the width of the fog lights.

I think there might be some reflection that is distorting the fogs because that is an e65
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 07:21 AM   #28
alisoduke
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 325izzle

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow thats pretty harsh. In that still photo that white car looks like a convertible. Also, i think those little numbers in the video are speeds of the cars. If so, then im moving to wherever that road is.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 07:23 AM   #29
abadiu
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep
Drives: 330xd '07

I Cant Believe How Fast Things Happen At Those Speeds!!

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #30
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 328xi

As f’d up as this may sound…that driver in the white car got what he deserved. Next time use your common sense and check your review mirror, side mirrors, or just turn your head back to make sure that nothing is coming up you’re a$$ at the speed of sound.

I’m from NJ so I see this kind of driving all the time! I can’t stand when I’m in the far left lane going 90 mph and some f’ nut decides to cut in front of me (again…I’m going about 90 mph) and goes 60 mph. Especially when it’s a dumb white biatch (ladies…I do love you all) who drive these massive GMC trucks while on the phone and while they have 12 kids in the back. These women should be f’ing shot at! GET OFF THE F’ING PHONE and learn to drive!!!

When people do this to me I get into the far left shoulder lane, immediately cut right in front of them until I see the driver behind me eat their steering wheel because they break so hard, and then I decide to cruise at 50 mph right next to another car going at the same speed so that the person behind me feels my pain and can’t go anywhere. When I see the driver behind me try to pull off the same trick I did I just cut in front of them and flip them my birds! Then I just cruise at 50mph for another 10 miles. You got to love their reactions.

I hope that driver in that 7 just kept driving after that…I would have!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #31
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO1120
As f’d up as this may sound…that driver in the white car got what he deserved. Next time use your common sense and check your review mirror, side mirrors, or just turn your head back to make sure that nothing is coming up you’re a$$ at the speed of sound.

I’m from NJ so I see this kind of driving all the time! I can’t stand when I’m in the far left lane going 90 mph and some f’ nut decides to cut in front of me (again…I’m going about 90 mph) and goes 60 mph. Especially when it’s a dumb white biatch (ladies…I do love you all) who drive these massive GMC trucks while on the phone and while they have 12 kids in the back. These women should be f’ing shot at! GET OFF THE F’ING PHONE and learn to drive!!!

When people do this to me I get into the far left shoulder lane, immediately cut right in front of them until I see the driver behind me eat their steering wheel because they break so hard, and then I decide to cruise at 50 mph right next to another car going at the same speed so that the person behind me feels my pain and can’t go anywhere. When I see the driver behind me try to pull off the same trick I did I just cut in front of them and flip them my birds! Then I just cruise at 50mph for another 10 miles. You got to love their reactions.

I hope that driver in that 7 just kept driving after that…I would have!
So, when you're doing all this there are two a$$holes on the same stretch of road, huh? Twenty-five miles over the speedlimit, driving on the left shoulder, cutting off another driver, and then driving slow in the fast lane? Uh, who's the one that needs to learn to drive?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269

Last edited by SoYank; 01-16-2007 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #32
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
So, when you're doing all this there are two a$$holes on the same stretch of road, huh? Twenty-five miles over the speedlimit, driving on the left shoulder, cutting off another driver, and then driving slow in the fast lane? Uh, who's the one that needs to learn to drive?
If you were going 60 mph...would you cut in front of someone that was going 30 mph faster then you? I'm in the fast lane!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #33
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO1120
If you were going 60 mph...would you cut in front of someone that was going 30 mph faster then you? I'm in the fast lane!
Would I cut infront of someone going 30mph over me...?
No; that's stupid. But so is driving 25 over, passing on the shoulder, cutting someone off, then slowing to piss them off.

As for the video:
Was the guy in the white car at fault? Of course... but nobody "deserves" that. Looks like most of the cars have European plates, so it's likely there was no speed limit; so the BMW was doing nothing illegal.

This is why people need to focus on driving. Turn off the DVD player, hang up the phone, put down the newspaper. When you're behind the wheel, your attention should be focused on driving.
      01-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #34
TommyBahama
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw

I may get flamed for this, but I don't know that "lol" and "that guy got what he deserved" are appropriate with this severe of an accident. Am I wrong?
you have to understand if its ok to say "lol" when its something that you see online that you have no personal connection with, thats what makes america great. otherwise you will always be feeling sad cuz of all the nasty shit that goes on in the world.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #35
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax
Would I cut infront of someone going 30mph over me...?
No; that's stupid. But so is driving 25 over, passing on the shoulder, cutting someone off, then slowing to piss them off.
But that's what I'm saying...the person who I PISSED OFF was on the phone in those big A$$ SUVs. Come on!!! Pay attention to the road. It's not my fault that I want to enjoy my 328xi and some PUTA cuts in front of me when she should be paying attention to the road.

It's a good thing that lady and those kids didn't end up like that driver in the video.

Last edited by BigO1120; 01-18-2007 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2007, 06:59 PM   #36
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Well, if those speed numbers were in kph, then most traffic eitehr direction was going 65mph, and the BMW came up at 100mph. That's why +35 is considered wreckless driving.
Big0, I'm glad you're clear across the country.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2007, 03:49 AM   #37
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
didn't notice there was a curve? WTF?? what a numbskull...
      01-18-2007, 03:54 AM   #38
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Intense accident - it looks speeded up to me though.
      01-18-2007, 04:04 AM   #39
DowntownBMW
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk
+1

Yep that's a new 7 (before refresh )

Sad for whoever was in that white care; but it's incredible how stable the BMW remained. Also notice the other car is quick to move over as the BMW tries to avoid the white car that jump in his lane.

You would not believe how often this happens ... thank God I've managed so far.

What country is this in?
yeah, i noticed that too, remarkable how the other car moved out of the right lane

wonder if the white car driver made it?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2007, 04:15 AM   #40
DowntownBMW
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
you have to understand if its ok to say "lol" when its something that you see online that you have no personal connection with, thats what makes america great. otherwise you will always be feeling sad cuz of all the nasty shit that goes on in the world.
dude, i disagree!!!
in this context, there is nothing to 'laugh out loud' at

this is what makes america great???
dude, not at all!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #41
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
Well, if those speed numbers were in kph, then most traffic eitehr direction was going 65mph, and the BMW came up at 100mph. That's why +35 is considered wreckless driving.
Big0, I'm glad you're clear across the country.
So I'm pretty much the only BMW driver in this forum that drives faster then 80 mph? IN THE FAST LANE!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #42
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

When I find a stretch of open road, without slower cars in front or side traffic, I do sometimes. But once I come up on other vehicles, I slow way down. I trust MY skills, it's the other drivers I worry about. SOMEDAY maybe we'll have a road system with varying licenses, so those of us willing to PROVE we have higher skills may drive with reduced regulation in a totally separate lane.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #43
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep

Well said UncleWede!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0