BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #23
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Actually I bought the M3 to take it to the track, and I do that on a regular basis. So I'm exempt from that stereotype But yes, there are people who never take their M to a track, nor do they ever drive on a canyon road, nor do they even go faster than the speed limit. Heck, they don't even redline the engine, EVER! Yes, those people did buy the M3 as a penis extender since obviously a 328i would have been more than enough for their needs.
So let me summarize this..anyone who doesn't track, drive on canyon roads or redline on a regular basis, means they bought their M3 as a penis extender and should have been content with a 328i.

Do you hear yourself? That is some logic you subscribe to
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #24
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What I am talking about is people who blow millions of dollars (even if that money is pocket change to them) to buy a car with capabilities far beyond anything they will ever use, in fact capabilities so extreme hardly any roads or tracks on the entire planet can accomodate such car. Then those people when they receive their car hardly ever drive it at all, let alone come near that million mph top speed, but instead park it in the garage and leave it unsed for years, all so that they can take a few pics posing with the car when they take delivery of it, just so they can show those pics to their rich friends and brag about how they have a car that *can* do so and so (just like any magazine racer out there). Yes, I believe you have to be really insecure if you go through all that trouble just to get a thumbs up from your rich friend.
So based on your logic
  • All cars should be electronically limited to higway speed limits and have max of 100 HP
  • All collector car owners are insecure because they buy a car and barely drive it
I am better and my penis is bigger because I track my car and red line it all the time..anyone else who doesn't drive the car EXACTLY the same way is insecure

Who is really being insecure here?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #25
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
So based on your logic
  • All cars should be electronically limited to higway speed limits and have max of 100 HP
  • All collector car owners are insecure because they buy a car and barely drive it
I am better and my penis is bigger because I track my car and red line it all the time..anyone else who doesn't drive the car EXACTLY the same way is insecure

Who is really being insecure here?
Agree. A car is nothing more than an object. I love my cars, but nobody has a monopoly on how cars should be enjoyed. An insecure individual is someone who goes by his/her own defined "must be" behavior and freaks out when people don't worship him/her for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #26
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Actually I bought the M3 to take it to the track, and I do that on a regular basis. So I'm exempt from that stereotype But yes, there are people who never take their M to a track, nor do they ever drive on a canyon road, nor do they even go faster than the speed limit. Heck, they don't even redline the engine, EVER! Yes, those people did buy the M3 as a penis extender since obviously a 328i would have been more than enough for their needs.
Sooooooo, what you are saying is that anyone who buys anything and is unable or unwilling to use it to its most extreme potential is compensating for sexual inadequacies. Is this reeeaaaallly what you are trying to tell us or are you just saying this to compensate for your own adequacies?

So, because my wife can not cook as well Daniel Humm or Aimee Olexy her gourmet kitchen is a means to "extend" her vagina.

Because I am not as fast and quick, nor have the endurance of top pro cyclists such Bradley Wiggins my DeRosa bicycles are simply a means to enlarge my penis.

You are WRONG. Sometimes it is just a desire to own high-quality goods. Sometimes it is just pride of ownership. Just because someone could get by with a Timex, but chooses Patek Philippe does not mean his penis is inadequate.

This type of faulty logic is a result of relying on Psychology Today and PSY 101 as the entirety of behavioral understanding.
      01-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #27
canadian stig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
Sooooooo, what you are saying is that anyone who buys anything and is unable or unwilling to use it to its most extreme potential is compensating for sexual inadequacies. Is this reeeaaaallly what you are trying to tell us or are you just saying this to compensate for your own adequacies?

So, because my wife can not cook as well Daniel Humm or Aimee Olexy her gourmet kitchen is a means to "extend" her vagina.

Because I am not as fast and quick, nor have the endurance of top pro cyclists such Bradley Wiggins my DeRosa bicycles are simply a means to enlarge my penis.

You are WRONG. Sometimes it is just a desire to own high-quality goods. Sometimes it is just pride of ownership. Just because someone could get by with a Timex, but chooses Patek Philippe does not mean his penis is inadequate.

This type of faulty logic is a result of relying on Psychology Today and PSY 101 as the entirety of behavioral understanding.
The difference is that we need food to eat. Watches can tell time. Bicycles are good exercise. Since day 1, the main and only selling point for the veyron is it's top speed. In fact, that is the sole purpose for its existence and the only reason why it was built in the first place. So why own a veyron if you won't take it on a top speed run, at least just once in your life?

Yeah I know all about pride of ownership, yadda yadda. but what's the logic in owning something nice if you don't use it? It's just like being married to Scarlet Johanssen but then sleeping on the couch instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #28
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
I may be in the minority here but i really can't understand the allure of the veyron...
You have a current M3 and can't understand the allure of acceleration?

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
jeff2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GTR Gun Metal Gray Pr Edi

What a tangent! We all like/love our cars, watches and blah blah blah, etc... If you can afford it, why the f... not. That's it!
      01-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #30
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Since day 1, the main and only selling point for the veyron is it's top speed. In fact, that is the sole purpose for its existence and the only reason why it was built in the first place. So why own a veyron if you won't take it on a top speed run, at least just once in your life?
You do not think that someone who has the means to buy a Veyron, also has the means to rent an airport strip to drive it to the limit?

Regardless your point is moot. You do not need to max cars to their limit to enjoy them. Everyone derives their enjoyment in different ways.

And the fact that you are telling us that because someone does not use their car in a certain way means they should not be produced, and people should not bother to own them is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #31
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
or just being a hater
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #32
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Quote:
If you bought the m3 just to take it to the track you picked the wrong car. There's better cars just for tracking. Some more expensive and some cheaper than the m3. Now if you bought the m3 as a jack of all trades car then that makes sense. Don't hate people that have more money than you. I'm sure that most of them earned their money. Of course theres the oil princes in the middle east that inherit their wealth, but thats life. I have track membership at spring mountain motorsports ranch and I occasionally take my GTS there. It's more fun and less stress to take a cheaper and dedicated track car like my 944 turbo. There's a lot of guys out there with used miatas, s2k, evos, e36 and e46 m3s that go often and pound the crap out of their cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #33
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
So my suspicion is right. It's just a penis extender for insecure super rich people to feel good about themselves. Just something for them to brag about to their fellow rich friends while playing golf or socializing in a banquet. So it's all about showing off what you "can" do as opposed to what you actually are doing.
You remind me of high school students!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #34
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
The difference is that we need food to eat. Watches can tell time. Bicycles are good exercise. Since day 1, the main and only selling point for the veyron is it's top speed. In fact, that is the sole purpose for its existence and the only reason why it was built in the first place. So why own a veyron if you won't take it on a top speed run, at least just once in your life?

Yeah I know all about pride of ownership, yadda yadda. but what's the logic in owning something nice if you don't use it? It's just like being married to Scarlet Johanssen but then sleeping on the couch instead.
You seem to always hit the nail "not on the head"
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #35
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
You have a current M3 and can't understand the allure of acceleration?

Bruce
Oh I definitely understand the allure of acceleration. I said i don't understand the allure of the veyron. big difference. And if acceleration's your thing, get a 2013 gtr. it's just as fast in a straight line up until felony speeds anyway. and in the corners it will destroy the veyron. and if you tune that gtr, it'll keep up even at higher speeds. the only area where the veyron shines is at super high speeds that you will never be able to reach on any road or track in the north american continent anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You do not think that someone who has the means to buy a Veyron, also has the means to rent an airport strip to drive it to the limit?

Regardless your point is moot. You do not need to max cars to their limit to enjoy them. Everyone derives their enjoyment in different ways.

And the fact that you are telling us that because someone does not use their car in a certain way means they should not be produced, and people should not bother to own them is ridiculous.
That's my point. They may be able to shut down an entire airport (though i doubt an airport runway is long enough to do a top speed run) to take their veyron there and play, but they don't. You never hear of any veyron owners doing a top speed run. If they did, it'd be all over the news, jalopink, youtube, etc. The one special thing about the veyron is it's top speed, yet its owners either never drive them or just drive them to the local golf course to play with their friends.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #37
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's my point.
You have no point, as everyone here can attest to.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #38
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You have no point, as everyone here can attest to.
If your momma taught you how to read, you would have read my posts and got my point, even if you disagree with it. but clearly, reading is not your forte.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #39
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
You remind me of high school students!
Been a long time since i have been in high school. but you seem to be still there, so remind me please, what are high school students like?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #40
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
If you bought the m3 just to take it to the track you picked the wrong car. There's better cars just for tracking. Some more expensive and some cheaper than the m3. Now if you bought the m3 as a jack of all trades car then that makes sense. Don't hate people that have more money than you. I'm sure that most of them earned their money. Of course theres the oil princes in the middle east that inherit their wealth, but thats life. I have track membership at spring mountain motorsports ranch and I occasionally take my GTS there. It's more fun and less stress to take a cheaper and dedicated track car like my 944 turbo. There's a lot of guys out there with used miatas, s2k, evos, e36 and e46 m3s that go often and pound the crap out of their cars.
I also need the car to be a daily driver, including the ability to drive it on the snowy roads here in canada. S2000 or vette z06 or miatas will not really work too well in the winter. Evos and such are awd, which i don't like. And older cars like 944 and e36 are just a maintenance and reliability headache for a daily driver. If I had more than 1 parking spot, i'd probably get a dedicated track car and a more fuel efficient daily driver. but i don't, so the m3 is a good compromise all around.

And i don't hate anyone more rich than me. I just question their desire to buy cars and leave them for years collecting dust in their multi-hectare garages.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #41
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Oh I definitely understand the allure of acceleration. I said i don't understand the allure of the veyron. big difference. And if acceleration's your thing, get a 2013 gtr. it's just as fast in a straight line up until felony speeds anyway. and in the corners it will destroy the veyron. and if you tune that gtr, it'll keep up even at higher speeds. the only area where the veyron shines is at super high speeds that you will never be able to reach on any road or track in the north american continent anyway.
Just looked up 0-60 and quarter mile times. Current Veyron 2.4 seconds to 60, and quarter miles from 9.6 to 10.1.

GTR: 0-60 in 2.7 to 2.9, and quarter miles from 10.9 to 11.1.

Next time, try to be less ignorant.

Listen, it's just fine if you hate the Veyron, but putting some hate on the people who drive them is just plain strange. Makes me worry we'll see your name in a headline at some point.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #42
canadian stig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Just looked up 0-60 and quarter mile times. Current Veyron 2.4 seconds to 60, and quarter miles from 9.6 to 10.1.

GTR: 0-60 in 2.7 to 2.9, and quarter miles from 10.9 to 11.1.

Next time, try to be less ignorant.

Listen, it's just fine if you hate the Veyron, but putting some hate on the people who drive them is just plain strange. Makes me worry we'll see your name in a headline at some point.

Bruce

So much for my "ignorance"

And why exactly would you get the impression I "hate" anything or anyone? I merely stated that I think the veyron is a pointless car, and its owners buy it more for show than for go. That doesn't mean i'm some psycho serial killer. So don't worry, i won't come for you. You can stop checking under your bed and go sleep now.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #43
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So much for my "ignorance"
At least you can admit it. You just keep showing your

He was clearly talking about a stock GT-R not an AMS tuned one