BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

06-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: plenty

Last edited by GhostyM; 10-24-2019 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
maaicher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

I have the GT unit not the GT2....with the X pipe. THe shop that installed it for me said that the GT2 muffler was as loud as my whole system but it was just a bunch of noise. the set up i have was much cleaner of a sound. The GT2 is claimed to also only get 2 more HP than the GT so i would go for the Gt. THe GT2 is not worth the extra sound in imo. Also the GT does not drone and the GT2 does so that is something to think about. the gintani exhaust also sounds very good but i do not know much about it other than that.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

The Meisterschaft setup is a downright mean exhaust. I agree, you should stick with the GT for a street application. Gintani sounds real nice in person too, it's on the aggressive end but it sounds like that's what you are looking for in an exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
I know Gintani has a great sound and has proven gains on the dyno.

But the GT2 has the godlike sound..

In all seriousness, what would you get? and based on loudness which one is louder?

The Gintani costs around the same..

I haven't heard either in real life and living in Oregon, only one e92 m3 has an exhaust and it was Eisenmann Sport muffler only.

What would you get?

I'm really torn between the two.
Thanks for creating this thread since it can be of immense help to me also.

Actually, I'm battling between choosing all of AA's bolt-on's & software, or all of Gintani's bolt-on's & Software. So far it looks as if Gintani is leading the way for me. AA is much popular with the M3 crowd, and it's very tempting since they have quality products and service to back it up.....

.....But Gintani is new to the M3 scene, and they've been proving good things to everyone lately. Their power gains are shocking everyone, and they always provide the proof just so they can show everyone that they aren't full of it. Also, I've seen those vids on youtube that "niterider" has provided.....And the sound is definitely aggressive and loud, and demands RESPECT. There's so much hype by quite a few members that say Gintani's exhaust set up sounds the loudest and is just SICK! They say that the pwr gains with their bolt-on's is higher than other companies.

So you know what? I may most likely give them a shot after my M3 comes in from my order.......That is if I don't change my mind back to going with AA's full catless set-up & software & pulley.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If you get the Meisterschaft GT2 full setup, you're going to need these inside the car:

06-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

havent heard the meistershaft...heard niteriders car in person...x pipe and mufflers...sounds nuts...car definetly had power...its a great sound..not raspy at all...but loud...from outside he did a drive by and its is frikkin sick...and suprisingly not bad inside regarding drone... also went by gintani and heard mufflers only...completley different...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
havent heard the meistershaft...heard niteriders car in person...x pipe and mufflers...sounds nuts...car definetly had power...its a great sound..not raspy at all...but loud...from outside he did a drive by and its is frikkin sick...and suprisingly not bad inside regarding drone... also went by gintani and heard mufflers only...completley different...
hmmmm...Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Gintani my friend.

If anymore people can share their experiences or knowledge on Gintani's full catless set-up, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep

Let me sum some things up here.

GT>GT2 because of almost same loudness without drone.

Gintani is proving to be a good company,

How much does a full GT system go for?

Thanks guys. Been a great help.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
If you want loud, I'd recommend RPi or Gintani.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let me sum some things up here.

GT>GT2 because of almost same loudness without drone.
No.

GT2 muffler only is just as loud as GT full setup. GT2 full setup is mind-boggingly loud.
      06-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The more I hear about Gintani, the more stable my decision becomes to go with them. I'm all the way in Texas, so it's very hard to make a firm decision.

All you guys in California are lucky. You all can hear the exhaust notes at the meets and everywhere. There are soooooo many M3's there. I guess there are too many old-fashioned country guys over here where I live. hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #12
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
If you get the Meisterschaft GT2 full setup, you're going to need these inside the car:

Or just get this;

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

^^ Oh boy......
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #14
lugnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space/Fox

If I could rationalize the Kreissig Valvetronic I would do it in a heartbeat. Just too much $$ to drop on an exhaust IMO. Although, going from stock to wide open w/ the press of a button to annoy everyone eating outside at some prissy bistro would be priceless.

That said I'm ordering my Gintani this morning. I guess I'll be the first in the NE w/ it from what I can tell. Hopefully the drone wont be so bad on the highway.
08 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red Gintani Race (sold), RG63
02 E46 M3 Cab Imola, E36 Z3 Atlanta Blue/Tan
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaicher View Post
I have the GT unit not the GT2....with the X pipe. THe shop that installed it for me said that the GT2 muffler was as loud as my whole system but it was just a bunch of noise. the set up i have was much cleaner of a sound. The GT2 is claimed to also only get 2 more HP than the GT so i would go for the Gt. THe GT2 is not worth the extra sound in imo. Also the GT does not drone and the GT2 does so that is something to think about. the gintani exhaust also sounds very good but i do not know much about it other than that.
+1. the GT has a much more cleaner and meaner sound than the GT2. GT2 sound too busy/broken IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep

Well I won't want too loud.

I think Gintani is the best choice because of power gains that are proven?

I would totally buy RPi because of price but the fact that it sounds tinny...

Some have said it's just the way it was installed.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #17
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
If I could rationalize the Kreissig Valvetronic I would do it in a heartbeat. Just too much $$ to drop on an exhaust IMO. Although, going from stock to wide open w/ the press of a button to annoy everyone eating outside at some prissy bistro would be priceless.

That said I'm ordering my Gintani this morning. I guess I'll be the first in the NE w/ it from what I can tell. Hopefully the drone wont be so bad on the highway.
Quote:
Well I won't want too loud.

I think Gintani is the best choice because of power gains that are proven?

I would totally buy RPi because of price but the fact that it sounds tinny...

Some have said it's just the way it was installed.

That's it! Gintani it is for me!

I really think that the more people hear the Gintani full system and see the power gains also, the more people are impressed by this company that isn't really known for e9x m3 tuning yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

I hope I'm not thread jacking but I didn't think it was worth opening another thread.
For anyone who might have heard the Meisterschaft GT in person, would you say it has the most "exotic" sound? I'm looking for something similar to a Kreissieg Valvetronic, a high pitched scream (V8 Ferrari) vs low pitched roar (V8 Mustang). I know I can't duplicate but I'm just seeing what might suit me more.
      06-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #19
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
That's it! Gintani it is for me!

I really think that the more people hear the Gintani full system and see the power gains also, the more people are impressed by this company that isn't really known for e9x m3 tuning yet.
Yea, it looks like Gintani for me as well.

Especially when it's selling for Group buy pricing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
I hope I'm not thread jacking but I didn't think it was worth opening another thread.
For anyone who might have heard the Meisterschaft GT in person, would you say it has the most "exotic" sound? I'm looking for something similar to a Kreissieg Valvetronic, a high pitched scream (V8 Ferrari) vs low pitched roar (V8 Mustang). I know I can't duplicate but I'm just seeing what might suit me more.
GT2 is probably the loudest exotic sound but GT has the highest pitch of it which sounds like the Kreissieg,
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #20
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea, it looks like Gintani for me as well.

Especially when it's selling for Group buy pricing!

GT2 is probably the loudest exotic sound but GT has the highest pitch of it which sounds like the Kreissieg,
Please stop talking out of your ass. GT2 is louder and higher pitched than the GT.
      06-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #21
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Please stop talking out of your ass. GT2 is louder and higher pitched than the GT.
Well I had asked one of the users here with a full GT2 system and he said the GT sounded most like it. GT2 is even higher pitched and louder.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #22
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

so how much power does the GT2 exhaust make??? any dynos?????

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0