BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #8515
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Anybody interested in grabbing some KBBQ + Sashimi on Friday night ~8PM? Since last time was a failure, Sean and I are trying to get something going for this week.
I'm down

But as I said via text...I'm not down to drive to LA during Friday traffic...so someone else please do it haha
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #8516
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Meh.

D
haha maybe 8! Dual Quad Outlets! Looks like a bunch of trumpets to me haha
      11-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #8517
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I'm down

But as I said via text...I'm not down to drive to LA during Friday traffic...so someone else please do it haha
I might be busy fishing on the weekend so I'm not sure if I can make it then. We'll see.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #8518
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Meh.

D
6 tips, now we're talking!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #8519
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I might be busy fishing on the weekend so I'm not sure if I can make it then. We'll see.
I mean I'm free Friday evening

That's not an issue

It's just that I was in the 405 closure last friday for 4 freaking hours.
I'm not driving that again.

They're open until 2AM right? So I guess if you guys come to my place at 7:30, we get there say 8:30...should be good ya?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #8520
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Post more pics!

I'm curious to see how the point system works

How did you curb rash it on a joy ride? I've only heard people rashing their wheels when parking? or was it a pot hole?

I don't understand the people who put like -5 degrees of camber... I mean, it looks tight, but... you can't drive it.... or that's my guess, i've never driven a car with -5 degrees of camber
more pics will be available at SEMA... i'll try and get some if i head out on Thursday.

i'll rundown the point system when i get home... i still have my old judges papers somewhere.

it's extremely minor curb rash from a pothole.

yes, it's possible to drive on that camber... my buddy Milt drives around like that all day. i'll ask him his actual camber but i'm sure it's almost flat lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
I said the same thing last year...so we will see but I think I am done with this car.
key words... with this car. it's never done. Once you're in as deep as Darren and I am in the scene... you're never done. We have way too many friends in the scene from shop owners, to fellow auto enthusiasts, to security guards, to models etc... Darren and I will NEVER be finished.
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #8521
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You don't even have to take the 405 to get there. You can take the 101, get of on Western, go down, just past Road to Seoul, and turn on Washington and you're just a few blocks away. I think that would be better than going from the 101 to the 405 to the 10.

I don't mind getting there at 8:30. Not sure about everybody else, though...

I like to eat dinner late. My ideal time is ~10pm, but I know that is way too late for most people.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #8522
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
I'm down

nope... i'll probably be sleeping from pulling an all nighter in Vegas at the MFEST party and my buddy Abe's 40th birthday.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 02:19 AM   #8523
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Agree 100% Jason. Small or Big, modding will never ends.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 04:12 AM   #8524
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
to models etc... Darren and I will NEVER be finished.
This is where I need to get deeper into....

Quote:
You don't even have to take the 405 to get there. You can take the 101, get of on Western, go down, just past Road to Seoul, and turn on Washington and you're just a few blocks away. I think that would be better than going from the 101 to the 405 to the 10.

I don't mind getting there at 8:30. Not sure about everybody else, though...

I like to eat dinner late. My ideal time is ~10pm, but I know that is way too late for most people.
I know you don't take the 405

I was just saying I don't want to drive in traffic lol

If Jason can't come...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #8525
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I have a feeling that this is going to be another failure lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #8526
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
This is where I need to get deeper into....

If Jason can't come...
lol... I started working in the modeling industry back in 1998. From Francine Dee to Christine Mendoza to Sasha Singleton... i've worked with all of them. All great girls... well, i've got some dirt on Sasha but i won't get into that lol.

Models are just like anyone else... some just want attention, some are doing it temporarily... what bugs me is the amount of girls now that think they're all models but have no drive or determination to make that money as a model. they think they're looks is all that counts. sorry bitch, but you gotta work to be successful like the other girls.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #8527
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I have such a hard time getting up in the morning (5am). I've changed my sleep schedule so I can get more sleep, but it doesn't matter if I sleep 5 hours or if I sleep 10, it's still so hard to get up.

Any tips?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #8528
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a feeling that this is going to be another failure lol.
NOOOO

Quote:
lol... I started working in the modeling industry back in 1998. From Francine Dee to Christine Mendoza to Sasha Singleton... i've worked with all of them. All great girls... well, i've got some dirt on Sasha but i won't get into that lol.

Models are just like anyone else... some just want attention, some are doing it temporarily... what bugs me is the amount of girls now that think they're all models but have no drive or determination to make that money as a model. they think they're looks is all that counts. sorry bitch, but you gotta work to be successful like the other girls.
You know you can't just stop there....

Do you keep in contact with them or no?
98...that was before Francine became pretty famous right?

Quote:
I have such a hard time getting up in the morning (5am). I've changed my sleep schedule so I can get more sleep, but it doesn't matter if I sleep 5 hours or if I sleep 10, it's still so hard to get up.

Any tips?
You'll eventually adapt

But one thing I do is, if i really need to wake up and I"m feeling lazy, when my first alarm goes off, I take the blankets off

I get so cold i force myself out of bed
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #8529
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:

Any tips?
i used to wake up at 4am to open Bally Total Fitness in Oxnard every morning as the morning manager. i used to sleep at 730pm to wake up at 345am to be at the gym before 445am to signout the morning crew and inspect everything so i could open the doors at exactly 5am.

besides sleeping earlier and effectively changing your circadian rhythm of sleep... i got no other suggestions except for maybe starting a workout program. When i was working out often it was definitely easier for me to wake up easier.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #8530
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
You know you can't just stop there....

Do you keep in contact with them or no?
98...that was before Francine became pretty famous right?

of course i do... they're still good people. nothing has changed.

I keep more in touch with Christine Mendoza cause we have the same God-daughter and her parents live down the street from me lol.

Franny got her first boob job back in 97, i believe. At the time she was known by her real name Dychiuchay but she shortened it to Dee since most people can't pronounce it. She got a second boob job around the time i first met her. She shot at my house a few years ago along with the car from Tokyo Drift at the end of the movie.

Lisa Kaye... i practically discovered her at The Hop in Long Beach when she had just started modeling. We shot her for zoomx.com back in the day and brought her to a few shows and she blew up after that.

Sasha was always a big name when i met her... never got to know her well but she's fucked over a few of my friends in the industry. plus she a coke head now hahaha.

models come and go... some are serious. some aren't. i can tell who is serious and who isn't when i meet them for interviews and such. there's one girl that just posted a status update on facebook that i met a few weeks ago. she's totally a wannabe model. she's not gonna go anywhere in the scene. puahahaha
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #8531
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
car show points:

mind you... this is a bullshit point system. car shows are usually won through politics. anyone who's been in the industry knows this.

i talked to my buddy who was also a judge for Vision Entertainment car shows back in the day: he doesn't have the list but he remembers the breakdown somewhat:

Generally body modifications are worth the most... body: lip kit (5 points), body kit (10 points), wild out kit (20 points), full custom kit (30 points), full custom kit with STEEL wide body (40 full points)... full points came from paint quality, to how the car looked and how well the kit went with the car.
engine: how many mods (points per bolt-on mod... if you did internal engine work which can't be verified, dyno's are usually posted to prove somewhat... maybe a max of 10-15 points)... if you did a crazy engine swap (around 20 points MAX, depending on how much custom work etc.)
entertainment aka ICE in-car electronics: usually depended on how many TVs, amplifiers, lighting, jammers and other stuff.

those were the MAIN categories but like i said: it's all politics. the car shows usually have 20+ judges going around judging the cars. But let's say there is a Nissan Category: most like Ben Abutin will win with his Powerhouse Twin Turbo 350Z reppin Auto Concept Elite because he makes crazy power, chromed practically everything, turbo charged the car and built the motor, custom widebody, custom wheels, custom Japanese Grand Touring Wide Body, Custom wing, custom suspension, crazy electronics. Even though he DOES have all that stuff done he has flaws in the paint. last i saw the car had a crack on the widebody and he still won the car show... why, you ask?... POLITICS. there were cleaner, just as crazy Nissans in the category but Ben knew all the judges and that is likely why they over-looked the crack in the wide body.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #8532
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

An old friend once told me about sleep cycles and how each cycle lasts about 90 minutes. Within those 90 minutes, you go from light sleep, all the way to REM and back to light sleep. He said that it was easy to wake up if you time the cycles correctly (i.e., if you sleep exactly 1.5 hours, 3 hours, 4.5 hours, 6 hours, etc...), but if you wake up in the middle of a cycle, especially if you were in REM sleep, you will feel very tired since you did not complete the cycle.

The guy was kind of strange, but what he was saying made perfect sense lol.

It's kind of funny because sometimes I'll wake up at 3am (I usually go to bed at 11:30, but I assume that by 12, I'm gone) and I feel perfectly rested, but I go back to sleep since 3am is too early to wake up.

... maybe he was right ...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #8533
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
car show points:

mind you... this is a bullshit point system. car shows are usually won through politics. anyone who's been in the industry knows this.

i talked to my buddy who was also a judge for Vision Entertainment car shows back in the day: he doesn't have the list but he remembers the breakdown somewhat:

Generally body modifications are worth the most... body: lip kit (5 points), body kit (10 points), wild out kit (20 points), full custom kit (30 points), full custom kit with STEEL wide body (40 full points)... full points came from paint quality, to how the car looked and how well the kit went with the car.
engine: how many mods (points per bolt-on mod... if you did internal engine work which can't be verified, dyno's are usually posted to prove somewhat... maybe a max of 10-15 points)... if you did a crazy engine swap (around 20 points MAX, depending on how much custom work etc.)
entertainment aka ICE in-car electronics: usually depended on how many TVs, amplifiers, lighting, jammers and other stuff.

those were the MAIN categories but like i said: it's all politics. the car shows usually have 20+ judges going around judging the cars. But let's say there is a Nissan Category: most like Ben Abutin will win with his Powerhouse Twin Turbo 350Z reppin Auto Concept Elite because he makes crazy power, chromed practically everything, turbo charged the car and built the motor, custom widebody, custom wheels, custom Japanese Grand Touring Wide Body, Custom wing, custom suspension, crazy electronics. Even though he DOES have all that stuff done he has flaws in the paint. last i saw the car had a crack on the widebody and he still won the car show... why, you ask?... POLITICS. there were cleaner, just as crazy Nissans in the category but Ben knew all the judges and that is likely why they over-looked the crack in the wide body.
Politics is every where...

Quote:
of course i do... they're still good people. nothing has changed.

I keep more in touch with Christine Mendoza cause we have the same God-daughter and her parents live down the street from me lol.

Franny got her first boob job back in 97, i believe. At the time she was known by her real name Dychiuchay but she shortened it to Dee since most people can't pronounce it. She got a second boob job around the time i first met her. She shot at my house a few years ago along with the car from Tokyo Drift at the end of the movie.

Lisa Kaye... i practically discovered her at The Hop in Long Beach when she had just started modeling. We shot her for zoomx.com back in the day and brought her to a few shows and she blew up after that.

Sasha was always a big name when i met her... never got to know her well but she's fucked over a few of my friends in the industry. plus she a coke head now hahaha.

models come and go... some are serious. some aren't. i can tell who is serious and who isn't when i meet them for interviews and such. there's one girl that just posted a status update on facebook that i met a few weeks ago. she's totally a wannabe model. she's not gonna go anywhere in the scene. puahahaha

I <3 models haha
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #8534
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
i used to wake up at 4am to open Bally Total Fitness in Oxnard every morning as the morning manager. i used to sleep at 730pm to wake up at 345am to be at the gym before 445am to signout the morning crew and inspect everything so i could open the doors at exactly 5am.

besides sleeping earlier and effectively changing your circadian rhythm of sleep... i got no other suggestions except for maybe starting a workout program. When i was working out often it was definitely easier for me to wake up easier.
how long ago?
      11-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #8535
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
An old friend once told me about sleep cycles and how each cycle lasts about 90 minutes. Within those 90 minutes, you go from light sleep, all the way to REM and back to light sleep. He said that it was easy to wake up if you time the cycles correctly (i.e., if you sleep exactly 1.5 hours, 3 hours, 4.5 hours, 6 hours, etc...), but if you wake up in the middle of a cycle, especially if you were in REM sleep, you will feel very tired since you did not complete the cycle.
generally that's correct... when i learned about circadian rhythms i learned that it's about every 2 hours. let's say you sleep 8 hours a night... first 2 hours is very light sleep, easy to wake. hours 3-4 are a little heavier but can still be woken up with a few nudges. the third cycle is usually the heaviest. to the point where you can ask this person anything and they'll generally answer yes, not knowing whats happening cause they are so deep into their sleep. hours 7-8 are going back to lighter sleep, fairly easy to wake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
how long ago?
when it first opened... General Manager was JC Cabrera. All the people there now are n00bs.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #8536
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
generally that's correct... when i learned about circadian rhythms i learned that it's about every 2 hours. let's say you sleep 8 hours a night... first 2 hours is very light sleep, easy to wake. hours 3-4 are a little heavier but can still be woken up with a few nudges. the third cycle is usually the heaviest. to the point where you can ask this person anything and they'll generally answer yes, not knowing whats happening cause they are so deep into their sleep. hours 7-8 are going back to lighter sleep, fairly easy to wake.

when it first opened... General Manager was JC Cabrera. All the people there now are n00bs.
when was this like 03?