BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

BMW Online?

I currently have a 2013 M3 with BMW Apps (6NR), And i would like to access BMW Online. Any idea how I can get past the screen shot below? I've enabled Personal Hotspot on my iPhone and verified it works on other devices, however, I can't seem to get my car to transfer any data from it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Attached Images

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
I currently have a 2013 M3 with BMW Apps (6NR), And i would like to access BMW Online. Any idea how I can get past the screen shot below? I've enabled Personal Hotspot on my iPhone and verified it works on other devices, however, I can't seem to get my car to transfer any data from it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Since you are from the UK I assume you have BMW Assist option.
It means BMW Online will not work over your phone's data connection but will be using your Assist account. You should contact BMW Assist and check with them.
On the other hand we can enable BMW Online/Live and the Internet browser to work through tethering but this will disable your BMW Assist services in the iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
Since you are from the UK I assume you have BMW Assist option.
It means BMW Online will not work over your phone's data connection but will be using your Assist account. You should contact BMW Assist and check with them.
On the other hand we can enable BMW Online/Live and the Internet browser to work through tethering but this will disable your BMW Assist services in the iDrive.
Well the M3 is a US Spec. I ordered one through military sales overseas and took delivery here in the UK, then BMW will ship the car to the states when I'm done with my tour over here.

I doubt I will be able to activate BMW Assist over here on a US Spec M3, hence the reason I was looking into BMW Live through a personal mobile phone data connection. Of course I would probably want to reverse this once I get back to the US in 2 years time so I can utilize the Assist services.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Well the M3 is a US Spec. I ordered one through military sales overseas and took delivery here in the UK, then BMW will ship the car to the states when I'm done with my tour over here.

I doubt I will be able to activate BMW Assist over here on a US Spec M3, hence the reason I was looking into BMW Live through a personal mobile phone data connection. Of course I would probably want to reverse this once I get back to the US in 2 years time so I can utilize the Assist services.
You could probably do that via coding I would assume. Patryk should be able to do that. He's a pro. When you go back to the states, he would code back your bmw assist for normal function but that means no online in the state as well.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

I brought my M3 back from Germany this summer and the Assist had to be activated by the dealer on this end.

My warranty had been activated, but Assist was a a separate matter. When I initially called BMW assist, they could not "ping" the car until the dealer did some work. Just a heads up.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:

You need to have the Internet/BMW Live activated to work over your mobile phone. You can contact us by email for more details.

When you bring the car to the US it will have to be coded back to stock in order to activate Assist.
Appreciate 0