BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

11-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

BMW Tire/Wheel Warranty vs. Auto Nation Tire/Wheel Warranty

I leased my car last year and at the time of the purchase, I opted for the BMW Tire/Wheel Warranty. I was told it covered both OEM and Aftermarket Tire/Wheels. As it turns out, it does not. It only covers OEM Issued Tires and "Star" rated Tires which came on most M3's (PS2, P Zero, Contis) I believe PSS and many other High Performance brands also has the "Stars" on the tires. It does not cover aftermarket wheels.

The dealership is now offering me to exchange my BMW Tire/Wheel Warranty to their Auto Nation Tire/Wheel Warranty. They said their warranty covers aftermarket wheels and tires. I asked them are there limits on the coverage? Example, if I buy HRE's, are they covered?

I'm waiting for the dealership to get back to me this. Anyone here have any experiences with Auto Nation Tire/Wheel Warranty? I'm not asking if the warranty is worth it or not. Personally, I think it's worth it. I've already had 2 tires replaced within the first 6 months. That has almost paid for the 3 years of warranty.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0