BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

11-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #3015
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Did a bit of a research on Jasonbondpick.

Quote:
Ok, here goes. Ive been a member of Jason Bond Picks now for 3 months and have had my shares of ups and downs as most everyone in the stock market does.

This last month has been a bit troubling and there has been quite a rumble stirring in the service about many picks that go bad. At one point we have a member that follows the day trade alerts for the most part and he is losing on 17 out of 18 picks. It happens now and again and it is what it is.

What bothers me though is that another member started to get a bit suspicious about his picks and started investigating the overall service as a whole, and what he came up with is quite amazing.

As of tonight I have been banned from the service for posting what another client had done research on and I wish to share this with the entire population, so that fewer people get fleeced.

I got threatened with a lawsuit for posting this for defamation, but seeing as how the information I will provide is legitiment, he has no grounds to sue.

Here goes..this is not my research and I do not take credit for it, but here is what has been learned.

In August, 2012, I received another email from Jason Bond encouraging his members to go very long on Vringo, Inc. (VRNG) with more passion than any objective trader should (ref link #1). I decided to peal back the curtain.

I offer absolutely no opinion here, I am strictly presenting information readily available to the general public.

Reference links are at the bottom of this text.

Checked GoDaddy.com to identify the registered owner of JasonBondPicks.com, it is Beacon Equity (ref link #2).

Beacon Equity; Jeff Bishop, office@beaconequity.com

4828 S. Broadway #182 Tyler, Texas 75703

Beacon Equity is wholly owned by BlueWave Advisors (ref link #14).

Until recently the disclaimer page on Jason Bond Picks site (ref link #3) stated it is wholly owned by BlueWave Advisors (ref link #4). However, it has been changed to a shell company called Patriot Publishing. The terms and conditions page of the site (ref link # 5) lists Patriot Publishing’s address as:Patriot Publishing, LLC

1910 ESE Loop 323 #168 Tyler, TX 75701

That physical address is simply a UPS Store (ref link #6) which provides mail boxes (ref link #7). Also note that Tyler, Texas home of BlueWave, Beacon Equity and Patriot Publishing, has a population of just 98,500 people.

The same people own both BlueWave and Patriot Publishing, the relationship between all these companies can be seen here: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas.../68432953.aspx

PumpAndDumps.com lists VRNG as the subject of a paid promotion by Beacon Equity (ref link #8). In a posting on their site Beacon Equity confirms it was compensated ten thousand dollars to promote VRNG stock (ref link #9).

In another post on Beacon Equity’s site promoting LQMT, they disclose having front loaded LQMT with this statement “BeaconEquity.com is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BlueWave Advisors, LLC. A principle of BWA has purchased one hundred thousand shares of LQMT in the open market and intends to sell them immediately following this email alert” (ref link #10.

Another site posted an article identifying a partial list of sites owned by BlueWave Advisors, including JasonBondPicks.com and TopStockPicks.com (ref link #11).

Another site owned by BlueWave is crownestockpicks.com. They’re so cookie cutter it even has the same color scheme as JasonBondPicks.com.

The renowned or infamous (depending on your point of view), Timothy Sykes expressed a rather strong opinion regarding Beacon Equity aka BlueWave on his site (ref link #12).
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #3016
phikap36
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

It is certainly not a scam. This is the largest and most successful online chat forum where trading education is invaluable. The one post above is by a guy who got kicked out because he started some troubles that were against sec regulations so he made up some stuff. Just thought I would share the opp for people who are interested in learning trading and smart investing.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #3017
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
I will be cautious once we hit 1600 SPX...wouldnt surprise me if we touch 1600-1700 before the final top next yr...when the top hits, it will become very volatile again...the final push will have to lead by the ones who have stayed out of the mkt, when avg Joe comes in, time to get out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Mact, if you ever become interested in trading volatility, take a look at XIV's performance since LTRO back in Nov. 2011. Over 200%. Not bad to add that gain alongside your metals

And considering unlimited Bond buying, QE3, and BOJ QE, I'm sure XIV has another 1-200% in it left till implosion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Been bouncing back on all dips. S,SLV,MCP and BAC have been doing pretty well when bought after pullbacks. I still see good time up ahead for Silver.

I'm thinking we see $40-50 within 6 months. Let's see how this plays out.
Dare i bring this back? Hows everyone doing
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #3018
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Was already following that but it is dead now.
Check again my friend

Quote:
Did a bit of a research on Jasonbondpick.
LOL
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #3019
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikap36 View Post
It is certainly not a scam. This is the largest and most successful online chat forum where trading education is invaluable. The one post above is by a guy who got kicked out because he started some troubles that were against sec regulations so he made up some stuff. Just thought I would share the opp for people who are interested in learning trading and smart investing.
It may not be a scam but there are some bad reviews on this guy.

Quote:
I have followed Jason since he was at pennystocklive.com, but am stuck with an annual membership.....

First of all I want to say he does have some winners, this is true. Who doesn't? However it is very obvious that this guy is a complete liar or misleader trying to convince people he made a forture trading on Wall Street. He cancelled one profit.ly account after losing all of his profits on 1 trade before starting this new one. If you were with him on pennystocklive.com it was the one he always had on that site.

Now we have TVIX.... oh wow... All real traders know this loss is simply unacceptable. Sure we all make mistakes, but I have never seen this guy make as much money on the 2 biggest losers he has had since I have been following him.

Is not to say he is not a hard worker, but he is not a good enough trader to be considered a Guru. CUT THE LOSSES BUDDY!!!! Have been a member of sites with 50-60% hit rates and been happy. The losses were SMALL... There is no sell discipline with this guy. $50,000 losses are unacceptable. When he takes his loss I will go long.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 03:13 AM   #3020
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

i trade with a few thousand, more like just a hobby and that way i have some taxes to file. though i usually lose. what money? i'm losing money! lol
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #3021
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisam135i View Post
Dare i bring this back? Hows everyone doing
MCP seems screwed for now. I got out of that one before it dropped. Silver and Gold saw a pullback recently as commodities and oil prices dropped. I am still bullish on Silver and SLV. On the dips I still buy and add Silver.

I expect a correction in the near future. Now is not the time to buy stocks and go long. We are near top and could crash or see a very good correction at any time now. With QE3 in tact though they could buy at any time and lift share prices and Indexes. Reality though is the economy in the US and Asia is quite bad as retail sales are bad in Asia and exports are very weak at this time. This will reflect on earnings big time and when earnings are bad stocks will correct.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #3022
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

hi guys, i know i'm not in here a lot, but i'm looking to get into some small scale stuff. i just want to start with a couple grand and get my feet wet.

i'm thinking of using scottrade, any other suggestions? or low dollar stocks to pickup?
      11-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #3023
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
MCP seems screwed for now. I got out of that one before it dropped. Silver and Gold saw a pullback recently as commodities and oil prices dropped. I am still bullish on Silver and SLV. On the dips I still buy and add Silver.

I expect a correction in the near future. Now is not the time to buy stocks and go long. We are near top and could crash or see a very good correction at any time now. With QE3 in tact though they could buy at any time and lift share prices and Indexes. Reality though is the economy in the US and Asia is quite bad as retail sales are bad in Asia and exports are very weak at this time. This will reflect on earnings big time and when earnings are bad stocks will correct.
Gold and silver should be stable with the reelect of Obama. I'm long on SLV and GLD. Picked up SLV at $30 last week.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #3024
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

I feel like I just stepped into Boiler Room.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #3025
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Gold and silver should be stable with the reelect of Obama. I'm long on SLV and GLD. Picked up SLV at $30 last week.
Good luck. You should be good with that one. SLV may dip below 30 in the near term but I reckon it should head north after. I think the US wants oil prices to come down and when oil prices come down Silver and Gold should also come down as well as commodities move together at times.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #3026
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
I've taken a pretty solid beating from about April until now. Pretty much because I had no time to longer manage my account and I kind of let things sit how they are hoping for the best.

Horrible decision! I ended up taking a huge hit and am now trying to decide whether I take my losses and pull out or whether I make a game plan and get back on top of things.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #3027
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

This thread is dead...where are all the active traders at?

Quote:
Good luck. You should be good with that one. SLV may dip below 30 in the near term but I reckon it should head north after. I think the US wants oil prices to come down and when oil prices come down Silver and Gold should also come down as well as commodities move together at times.
I see a short term target of $32 and long term of $34. Wish I picked up more SLV at $30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
I've taken a pretty solid beating from about April until now. Pretty much because I had no time to longer manage my account and I kind of let things sit how they are hoping for the best.

Horrible decision! I ended up taking a huge hit and am now trying to decide whether I take my losses and pull out or whether I make a game plan and get back on top of things.
I would hold it and see how the market responds. It has already been down 7% since Obama has been reelected. The question is where is the bottom and when it will bounce back?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #3028
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:

What have you been in since April and how bad is the damage percentage-wise?
      11-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #3029
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
What have you been in since April and how bad is the damage percentage-wise?
Mid-April to now I'm down 29.42%
I was at a high point around then so some loss of profits is to be expected and I kind of just sat through things thinking when I get a chance to get back into the markets I'll even things out.

What sucks is in the past month I'm down 15-18%, so I think it's time to take action and not let my account sit around.

I need to either withdraw and re-invest when I have more time or I need to start watching the markets again. The problem is that I don't have enough time to properly keep track of things and make informed decisions and I usually never enter a trade unless I'm very confident.

I preferred the buy and sit tight for a year type of trades since I've been too busy and I guess my usual picks are no longer the right picks. Apple taking a nose-dive and being one of my larger holdings doesn't help my situation either haha.

PS: I'm not a pro/skilled trader by any means
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #3030
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I was at a high point around then so some loss of profits is to be expected and I kind of just sat through things thinking when I get a chance to get back into the markets I'll even things out.

What sucks is in the past month I'm down 15-18%, so I think it's time to take action and not let my account sit around.

I need to either withdraw and re-invest when I have more time or I need to start watching the markets again. The problem is that I don't have enough time to properly keep track of things and make informed decisions and I usually never enter a trade unless I'm very confident.

I preferred the buy and sit tight for a year type of trades since I've been too busy and I guess my usual picks are no longer the right picks. Apple taking a nose-dive and being one of my larger holdings doesn't help my situation either haha.

Apple took a huge hit. From $700 to low $500. They just hit 6 month low today. It's really a tough call. Some analysts are saying that AAPL will bounce back primarily because a uptrend is coming from higher high and higher lows. Other think otherwise.

Quote:
Among the prominent bears is Doubleline Capital CEO Jeff Gundlach, who predicted on Thursday that Apple stock would continue all the way down to $425. He said that’s about where AAPL was when it started its dramatic climb in January, and he expects it to return to those levels.

Gundlach is down on Apple because he thinks the Cupertino, CA-based company’s new products are no longer cutting edge.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #3031
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:

When you're up on a trade, especially buy-and-hold investments, put a stop loss somewhere in your profits where you'd be more than happy to sell and forget there was even anymore where that came from. Ex. If you had purchased AAPL at 400 and rode it to 700, a stop loss at 650 quite honestly offsets whatever loss you take on the last $50. Just forget about it.

As for the markets, I think we might be in to take out 1325 or rebound sharply since we are so oversold, I just dont know the order. I am fairly positive this is the start of something nasty though. My advice for AAPL is liquidate 50% if you believe it might drop more, allowing you to average down later if it does. And if it doesn't, you still have 50% skin in the game to average in with. Maybe look into dividend stocks. At least if you took a -30% hit, it'd hurt less with a 7% dividend.

Aside from that, where are my traders at? Long time. Today I had a great run. it was a down day so VXX returned +0.89%. I managed to micro-trade that gain into a +3.51% day. Not bad! 4x outperformed the underlying vehicle. Not sure what's gonna happen these days so I'm always position neutral into the close. It allows me to not stay up at night or give a damn what the futures are gonna do. Working wonders on my sleep cycle!
      11-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #3032
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

I went short a little early(7/24/12) been moving from market to bond funds from early summer to current. 3 weeks ago finally went 100% bonds. Plan on entering market next year unless SP500/president can prove me otherwise.

Good time to pay down principal's on mortgage and dream about a 330D touring X drive, 6 spd manual...

I'm very fortunate to have my employer match 6% on my Roth401k so even when I'm out of the market, there is still a return I'm getting.
Attached Images

11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #3033
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When you're up on a trade, especially buy-and-hold investments, put a stop loss somewhere in your profits where you'd be more than happy to sell and forget there was even anymore where that came from. Ex. If you had purchased AAPL at 400 and rode it to 700, a stop loss at 650 quite honestly offsets whatever loss you take on the last $50. Just forget about it.

As for the markets, I think we might be in to take out 1325 or rebound sharply since we are so oversold, I just dont know the order. I am fairly positive this is the start of something nasty though. My advice for AAPL is liquidate 50% if you believe it might drop more, allowing you to average down later if it does. And if it doesn't, you still have 50% skin in the game to average in with. Maybe look into dividend stocks. At least if you took a -30% hit, it'd hurt less with a 7% dividend.

Aside from that, where are my traders at? Long time. Today I had a great run. it was a down day so VXX returned +0.89%. I managed to micro-trade that gain into a +3.51% day. Not bad! 4x outperformed the underlying vehicle. Not sure what's gonna happen these days so I'm always position neutral into the close. It allows me to not stay up at night or give a damn what the futures are gonna do. Working wonders on my sleep cycle!
Welcome back sir, I also have been taking the day trader route. Have been really busy with my school work though have been out of trading since august. Recently picked up again a day or so right after the election. I am back to my same old day trading options strategy and couldnt be happier with it made 5% today morning off a small investment.. Day trading is definitely to the way to go in this market, its all over the place. But it has been maintaining a relatively stable cycle where from opening until around 7-7:30am PST we are up, than down until 8:30-9 and than slowly pick back up.

besides trading how's everyone been!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #3034
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Glad I was able to unload all my BAC @ 9.20 today.

AAPL hit 505 but bounce back 24 points in an hour. I can imagine AAPL shareholder having a heart attack now.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #3035
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired
Glad I was able to unload all my BAC @ 9.20 today.

AAPL hit 505 but bounce back 24 points in an hour. I can imagine AAPL shareholder having a heart attack now.

I always trade BAC, glad you were able to sell it was only at 9.20 for a few seconds for there is very strong resistance I picked up 9.5 puts expiring today when it hit 9.2 as well
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #3036
E92TTKING
Colonel
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92

Lets turn this thread around back what it used to be!

Everyone that is trading post what you are trading on a certain day if you are at all that day
Appreciate 0