BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BPM

10-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
ray-sf
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez black M3 Coupe

It really sucks. 1200 miles service with DCT campaign (one week)

I just send my m3 to do 1200 service in this wednesday. when I make a appointment by phone, they tell me 1200 service just a one hour service for oil change. Then I came to dealer, my SA said it also has a open campaign now. And BMW required them to finished it. First they said it take one and half day, I can take it Thursday afternoon.

In thursday, they called me said that after they update software of my car, the program fail, and control unit didn't work now. They need order another control unit to replace it. It may take a few days.

In friday afternoon( now), they call me again. They said new control unit was arrived, but it didn't fixed the problem. The BMW said they need to order a new high elastic unit to replace first, then replace control unit. As the result, I need to wait at least next Tuesday. Besides, they can't degrade the software.

I know the open campaign is for log problem. But my DCT transmission worked very good before service. I just need a sample oil change, and BMW required a suck software upgrade. It is shit. And the upgrade lead to some parts of my car can't work under new software. They order and replace this unit and that unit. I think it is a repair more than a service. I met a one week service and drive a 328i instead of my new m3.

By the way, I am not good at english. I just try to explain what just happen to me this week.

The list is the link for this suck campaign http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B280110g.htm
Appreciate 0