BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #23
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

fucking stealership! never do shit right and blame the customer. I hate going there and telling the guy what needs to get done and he looks at me like i'm stupid because he never heard of it. I print all supporting documents out now so nothing can be said

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
fucking stealership! never do shit right and blame the customer. I hate going there and telling the guy what needs to get done and he looks at me like i'm stupid because he never heard of it. I print all supporting documents out now so nothing can be said
It is interesting how many different analysis there are as to what is and what is not required. I bet if one phones different dealership maintenance departments and ask a simple question like ...

"What do you do at a 1200 Mile (2000 KM in Canada) inspection"?

One might gets different stories and that is very alarming as far as I am concerned. This thread here is a good excample of this ===> CLICK

I somehow wish a knowledgeable BMW employee (I know BMW reads some of our threads) would set the matter straight.

We pay hard earned dollars for our high end BMW and should expect that the service to our cars is done correctly without us having to argue the point (presenting service bulletins and copies from the service manual to get it done correctly) when our cars are due for service.

It seams to me (as has been stated before) that not all BMW Service Departments are really aware of what is required exactly of our M3 engines and when I read statements like (sometimes the key reader is not exactly correct) I am even more concerned that when we go for service some computer program determines what should be done to our car with very little human interface.

I hope someone from BMW Service Division will set this straight!

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #25
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
It is interesting how many different analysis there are as to what is and what is not required. I bet if one phones different dealership maintenance departments and ask a simple question like ...

"What do you do at a 1200 Mile (2000 KM in Canada) inspection"?

One might gets different stories and that is very alarming as far as I am concerned. This thread here is a good excample of this ===> CLICK

I somehow wish a knowledgeable BMW employee (I know BMW reads some of our threads) would set the matter straight.

We pay hard earned dollars for our high end BMW and should expect that the service to our cars is done correctly without us having to argue the point (presenting service bulletins and copies from the service manual to get it done correctly) when our cars are due for service.

It seams to me (as has been stated before) that not all BMW Service Departments are really aware of what is required exactly of our M3 engines and when I read statements like (sometimes the key reader is not exactly correct) I am even more concerned that when we go for service some computer program determines what should be done to our car with very little human interface.

I hope someone from BMW Service Division will set this straight!
I would love to be as optimistic as you but sadly bmw service sucks.

Why can't they just hire a person and train that person so that they are knowledgeable of the different service related items on different models.

Maybe they can train one person or two people to specifically handle M models that come in for service.

I hate talking to a SA that doesn't know anything about our cars. I was once asked if my M had a v6 twin turbo from an SA. Their lack of knowledge blows my mind. I mean sure reading the forums will get you every little bit of information that you can possibly need but if not read the forums then at least google something. They should hire real enthusiasts to work as SA's this way they are as knowledgeable as us or even more.

/rant

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #26
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
DCT fluid should not be changed @ first service- Manual fluid is changed @ 1200 mile service along w/diff & oil.
Ref to M DCT was only to show that a fluid change wasn't needed. Interesting how everyone gets different answers in regards to the Diff oil.
      12-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #27
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

What the hell? You'd think it would be rather easy. Enter into their service computer "MY, 6MT or DCT" and wham, you'd think it would print out a job order!!

Sounds like this is simply SAs/Dealerships flying by the seat of their pants. Why would they do that? To cut costs obviously. These forums are an eye opener I would have has zero clue of these things. Being armed with knowledge is a powerful thing but I would think its be required for something as simple as this. Shocking.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #28
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I wonder if you fellows can scan your service invoice area that list what oil was changed? and post it here as a image ... that would be great.

You make a good point. I will check my manual and have it with me when I get my oil changed.

No matter what I will insist the the transmission oil be changed even if I have to pay for it. As a mechanical engineer I know there be foreign particles small burrs etc in the oil if even in micro format that over time will harm the transmission so I like that to be flushed out and recharged with fresh oil.

This question is for the Canadian M3 drivers ...

I don't know why there should be a difference between a Canadian and a US delivered car ...

US M3 drivers feel free to comment if you like

I read in this forum that after 1200 miles break in (2000 KM) mark in Canada the oil will be changed. What I read was Engine Oil, Transmission Oil and Differential Oil.

When I asked my SA what will be changed when I have 2000 KM on the odometer he said "Only the Engine Oil"

So the question I have what oil was changed on your cars after the break in period was completed.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter
I am back in Canada for the holidays and stopped by my Canadian BMW dealer to discuss the issues on my diplomatic delivery.

While I was there, I asked the service manager and two sales guys what is in the 2000 km service. They said oil, transmission fluid and differential fluid. I had the same answer from the SA in Switzerland who will be taking the car in for the service in January.
Appreciate 0