BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

03-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #23
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I personally didn't like the Jerez Black on the Sedan. For me, it seems the sedan looks best with a light/medium colour and the coupe a medium/dark colour. What can I say. Anyway, Jet Black on the coupe looks silly sick.
I agree.......sort of! I'm not a fan of Jerez on either version of the ///M.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #24
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Jerez Black is disappointed in you.

lol
LMAO
      03-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #25
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

My suggestion? If you order JzB or JB get to Costco or Sam's and buy lots of microfiber towels. I used those on my JB 330i, never got one swirl. Just wash it gently with a mit, use one MF towel to get the water off then wring it out, follow right away with the fresh dry MF towel, the result is perfection. Once you get the hang of it, you can do the whole car with 2 or 3 MF towels. Get a hi-quality car duster for inbetween washings. Use a spray on detailing solution after dusting if the car is not dirty for showroom shine in 10 minutes. I never drove my car dirty and it was never difficult keeping it sparkling using these methods.
      03-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #26
Bastet
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 aka 'Batmobile'

LOL FifthStreetz ! We have JerezBlack and no incredible maintenance issues - just incredible quality time with our M3 when washing it ! Just like any other color if you want to have a shiny car IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #27
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

I already have micro fiber towels.

I have a white GTI and it actually shows dirt more than my know gone e46 M3 in JB. I never had problems with swirls as I either hand polish / wax or use a griots orbital.. that and quick detail spray takes care of swirls in a hurry.
      03-16-2008, 03:30 AM   #28
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog View Post
I thought it looked like carbon black. Not my cup of tea due to obscuring of body lines and incredible paint maintenance issues.
very curious what its going to be like to touch up nicks on JzB..i'd imagine that the touch up kit paint just won't blend the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #29
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
very curious what its going to be like to touch up nicks on JzB..i'd imagine that the touch up kit paint just won't blend the same.

metallics are the hardest to match color paint. although to me the JzB has very little metal flake in it . but rock chips would be very minor.
      03-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #30
runutzzzzz
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
My suggestion? If you order JzB or JB get to Costco or Sam's and buy lots of microfiber towels. I used those on my JB 330i, never got one swirl. Just wash it gently with a mit, use one MF towel to get the water off then wring it out, follow right away with the fresh dry MF towel, the result is perfection. Once you get the hang of it, you can do the whole car with 2 or 3 MF towels. Get a hi-quality car duster for inbetween washings. Use a spray on detailing solution after dusting if the car is not dirty for showroom shine in 10 minutes. I never drove my car dirty and it was never difficult keeping it sparkling using these methods.
I agree with the MF towels but I would get high quality ones.
I get mine from Autogeek.
Appreciate 0