BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

10-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #23
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTSx2/X5M

If I were shopping for street wheels now I would not be able to repress myself and this would be the result:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...29&postcount=2
Appreciate 1
DreamTime861.50
      10-18-2017, 10:19 PM   #24
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
If I were shopping for street wheels now I would not be able to repress myself and this would be the result:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...29&postcount=2
Oh wow, those have been completely under my radar. Thanks for the link! Just looked - the level of attention and care that went behind the design and manufacturing of these seems pretty on point, and those pics of the black E92 M3…

Edit: Here is one of those pictures I was referring too:

Name:  titan7 - 3v2.png
Views: 760
Size:  1.30 MB

I really like the T-S5 in the satin titanium finish, and the price is great. You guys are breaking me down with these 18" options lol

Last edited by DreamTime; 10-19-2017 at 06:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
kyippee1072.00
      10-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #25
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Make sure you have nice clean shoes for the run Mary :-) I'm sure whatever wheels you choose, you will get many compliments.
Appreciate 1
DreamTime861.50
      10-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #26
z3papa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 ZCP, 07 335i

Black is overplayed. People don't fully appreciate that your color and finish choices are much wider with powdercoating than just black. Go check out other options and have at it.
      10-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #27
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Make sure you have nice clean shoes for the run Mary :-) I'm sure whatever wheels you choose, you will get many compliments.
Lol, you know I am getting so excited for that trip!! We'll see if I am squared away by that point, although... it took me a solid 2 months to decide on wheels last time then I had to wait 6 weeks or so for them to get delivered... So, still might be rockin the Arc 8s. We'll see
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #28
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
Black is overplayed. People don't fully appreciate that your color and finish choices are much wider with powdercoating than just black. Go check out other options and have at it.
If I end up powdercoating my wheels it would definitely be that dark bronze color. However, I have not made a choice in either direction yet. I know I don't want black wheels on my black car (not that there's anything wrong with that), I just haven't decided if I want to powdercoat or just buy new.

As far as buying new, all I have been doing is checking out other options. It's kind of a problem actually lol. I don't have much spare time, and I am spending most of it looking at freakin wheels... But! I think I have narrowed it down to 3 different styles, except HRE offers so many different finish options that I am torn between 2 different colors on the FF04s. So, technically - 5 options - if you include powdercoating my 220s. I might be getting close! Woo-hoo!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #29
JPSurratt2005
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTime View Post
If I end up powdercoating my wheels it would definitely be that dark bronze color. However, I have not made a choice in either direction yet. I know I don't want black wheels on my black car (not that there's anything wrong with that), I just haven't decided if I want to powdercoat or just buy new.

As far as buying new, all I have been doing is checking out other options. It's kind of a problem actually lol. I don't have much spare time, and I am spending most of it looking at freakin wheels... But! I think I have narrowed it down to 3 different styles, except HRE offers so many different finish options that I am torn between 2 different colors on the FF04s. So, technically - 5 options - if you include powdercoating my 220s. I might be getting close! Woo-hoo!
Did you ever decide on wheels?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #30
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSurratt2005 View Post
Yep, I ended up getting Titan 7 T-S5s in satin titanium, 18x10 sq for the track. I sold my 220s to a local guy with an E46 M3 who had been looking for those exact wheels for a while, so it was a win-win. Now, sometime relatively soon, I will be looking for something new to replace my Arc 8s for the street. I need my street wheels to look just as good, if not better, than my track wheels.

Here’s a pic of the T-S5s. I don’t have many good pics with the wheels on the car since they are only on while at the track, or driving to and from. When I’m at Mid Ohio in early September, I am going to make a point to get some good pics with the wheels on.

Name:  glen 2018.JPG
Views: 669
Size:  557.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #31
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSurratt2005 View Post
Yep, I ended up getting Titan 7 T-S5s in satin titanium, 18x10 sq for the track. I sold my 220s to a local guy with an E46 M3 who had been looking for those exact wheels for a while, so it was a win-win. Now, sometime relatively soon, I will be looking for something new to replace my Arc 8s for the street. I need my street wheels to look just as good, if not better, than my track wheels.

Here’s a pic of the T-S5s. I don’t have many good pics with the wheels on the car since they are only on while at the track, or driving to and from. When I’m at Mid Ohio in early September, I am going to make a point to get some good pics with the wheels on.

Attachment 1876427
Those look fantastic! If they came in 19" there's a good chance I would've picked a set up myself. Also good call on not powder coating the 220s. Like someone else mentioned, I've never seen a set of powder coated 220s that I liked.

For new daily wheels, I would recommend revisiting the F14s you originally posted in this thread. Bronze or semi-gloss gunmetal would look great. I absolutely love mine and I don't think there's a better wheel out there for the money. They can be had for around $1600 if you shop around. My car isn't an E90 or black, but I've attached a pic to give you an idea. Mod bargains has a bunch of pics of a black E90 on semi-gloss gunmetal F14s if you need more inspiration.
Attached Images

08-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #32
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
Those look fantastic! If they came in 19" there's a good chance I would've picked a set up myself. Also good call on not powder coating the 220s. Like someone else mentioned, I've never seen a set of powder coated 220s that I liked.

For new daily wheels, I would recommend revisiting the F14s you originally posted in this thread. Bronze or semi-gloss gunmetal would look great. I absolutely love mine and I don't think there's a better wheel out there for the money. They can be had for around $1600 if you shop around. My car isn't an E90 or black, but I've attached a pic to give you an idea. Mod bargains has a bunch of pics of a black E90 on semi-gloss gunmetal F14s if you need more inspiration.
Thanks, man! Yeah... I was originally pretty stuck on 19s even for the track, I grappled with the idea of 18s for a while. I guess I thought I would not like how they looked, plus I still feel like 19 staggered might give better performance on the track (?), but at the expense of tires. Once I had fully settled on the T-S5s though, I was sort of forced to really look at the practicality of 18 sq for the track. I'm really glad this happened, it was just what I needed to change my stubborn perspective and make the most logical choice for my situation.

Your car looks great! I love that blue and the wheels are a perfect match. I still really like the F14s, thanks for reminding me of them. I'm going to check out the pics of the black E90 with the gunmetal. I still daydream about bronze wheels on my car, but I’m not sure if I will go that route or not. I think the gunmetal might be a good choice.

I appreciate the input!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #33
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, man! Yeah... I was originally pretty stuck on 19s even for the track, I grappled with the idea of 18s for a while. I guess I thought I would not like how they looked, plus I still feel like 19 staggered might give better performance on the track (?), but at the expense of tires. Once I had fully settled on the T-S5s though, I was sort of forced to really look at the practicality of 18 sq for the track. I'm really glad this happened, it was just what I needed to change my stubborn perspective and make the most logical choice for my situation.

Your car looks great! I love that blue and the wheels are a perfect match. I still really like the F14s, thanks for reminding me of them. I'm going to check out the pics of the black E90 with the gunmetal. I still daydream about bronze wheels on my car, but I’m not sure if I will go that route or not. I think the gunmetal might be a good choice.

I appreciate the input!
You have good taste, really can't go wrong with gunmetal or bronze on a black car. One of the great things about Forgestar is they will make them in any color/size/offset you want. I went with semi-gloss (satin) over their standard gloss finish and a higher offset than they normally do for E9x cars to fit a 305 rear. I think a semi-gloss bronze would look really cool, a little more "high-end" looking than gloss bronze IMO. It would certainly be very unique as I've only seen their standard Bronze Burst finish which is obviously glossy.
      08-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #34
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You have good taste, really can't go wrong with gunmetal or bronze on a black car. One of the great things about Forgestar is they will make them in any color/size/offset you want. I went with semi-gloss (satin) over their standard gloss finish and a higher offset than they normally do for E9x cars to fit a 305 rear. I think a semi-gloss bronze would look really cool, a little more "high-end" looking than gloss bronze IMO. It would certainly be very unique as I've only seen their standard Bronze Burst finish which is obviously glossy.
Thanks You got me thinking now. I’m actually really busy at work today, but my mind keeps wandering back to wheels lol

I think I need to consider the carbon fiber pieces I’m adding to my car - so far it’s just a front lip, but then my spoiler is getting installed next week. I will likely have side skirts and maybe a couple other things by the time I start my new wheel search, so I will want a wheel finish that works well with my Jerez + CF. Maybe bronze would be too much at that point? It might look dope though. I just hadn’t really considered that yet. I appreciate the motivation! Thinking about wheel shopping makes me quite happy
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #35
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks You got me thinking now. I’m actually really busy at work today, but my mind keeps wandering back to wheels lol

I think I need to consider the carbon fiber pieces I’m adding to my car - so far it’s just a front lip, but then my spoiler is getting installed next week. I will likely have side skirts and maybe a couple other things by the time I start my new wheel search, so I will want a wheel finish that works well with my Jerez + CF. Maybe bronze would be too much at that point? It might look dope though. I just hadn’t really considered that yet. I appreciate the motivation! Thinking about wheel shopping makes me quite happy
Bronze would be more unique and I don't think it would be too much because Jerez is such a subtle color on its own. The CF bits won't stand out as much as they would on a lighter color car so I think bronze wheels would add that little bit of extra "pop" if that's what you're looking for. Gunmetal would look more low key and match the subtle nature of Jerez. Again, you can't go wrong here!

If you do decide to go with Forgestars, keep in mind there is a 10wk wait time between when you place the order and when they're at your door. Just enough time to get the other shopping out of the way .
      08-07-2018, 04:48 PM   #36
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Bronze would be more unique and I don't think it would be too much because Jerez is such a subtle color on its own. The CF bits won't stand out as much as they would on a lighter color car so I think bronze wheels would add that little bit of extra "pop" if that's what you're looking for. Gunmetal would look more low key and match the subtle nature of Jerez. Again, you can't go wrong here!

If you do decide to go with Forgestars, keep in mind there is a 10wk wait time between when you place the order and when they're at your door. Just enough time to get the other shopping out of the way .
Yeah, you’re right huh. The CF won’t create any major contrast that my wheel color would be competing with. I do kind of want an extra pop of color on my wheels, not too much, but just enough. Honestly, I have wanted bronze wheels since I bought the car, just haven’t had the nerve to just go for it. If I did, I would definitely go with the satin finish vs. a high gloss one. I might be playing with Photoshop again soon.

10 weeks!! Waiting for wheels is like torture lol. I completely forgot about turnaround time... My T-S5s were in stock and ready to ship, I think I had them within a week of ordering them. But, I remember now waiting for my Arc 8s to come in, and they got delayed by a couple weeks too. It wouldn’t hurt for me to start looking sooner than later that way the wheels are arriving when I was planning on getting them. Good thinking!
Appreciate 0