BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #23
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
He is not going to take down C6 vettes just by messing with the boost.
I can pretty much guarantee that...I old school gang raped a new STI (still had the dealer tags on it, probably been on the lot all year) the other day. I pulled up next to it and the dumb ass started screwing with me at the light, revving up etc.... No one was in front of us and I hadn't gotten on my car that day so I figured what the hell....it wasn't even remotely close....
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #24
///AFRO
Stage 1 Juice Box - Boosted'
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 07 AW E92-335i TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post
07 STis are FASTER than the older ones, stock and modded. They have different heads, different gearing, a different turbo, different cams, etc. I am not surprised that he was faster than you. Wait until he gets an exhaust and a reflash. They make nearly 400 wtq and around 330 whp with just those mods.

And LOL! at the guy who talks about going home in a BMW over an STi.
What the are you talking about? Stop talking. There is no difference in performance between an 06 and 07 STI. LOOK at my VIDEO I poseted couple comments back. I beat the STI, Stock for Stock. On top of it, his car was reflashed when we raced. From 2,3,4,5,6 Gear I pulled on him like nothing. It was from zero and 1st gear that I lost to an STI, but I eventually caight up and pulled on him. There is no difference if a stock 335i is going against an STI with exhuast. My friend "Who is a MEMBER here" raced a STI with ony an exhuast, My friend has an e92 335i(6speed) and he pulled on him twice. And the STI was a good driver. Because after when my friend pulled on his a$$ they changed drivers of the STI to make sure it wasnt the driver. And guess what?..... my friend pulled on the second driver with the same STI. It doesnt matter what they say or what you heard. STI > 335i from zero and 1st gear. 335i > 2,3,4,5,6 gear

2007 335i -Coupe Alpine White
Mods: JB1 | Exposed Intercooler | Black Grills/Emblems | Golf-Tee Mod | Reflectors | 35% Tints
Next: Aero-Lip | H&R Race Srings | Dual Cone Intake | Straight-Pipes
Soon: 2006 ///M3 Coupe Imola Red - [CSL Project]
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #25
A418t81
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ever changing fleet

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AFRO View Post
What the are you talking about? Stop talking. There is no difference in performance between an 06 and 07 STI. LOOK at my VIDEO I poseted couple comments back. I beat the STI, Stock for Stock. On top of it, his car was reflashed when we raced. From 2,3,4,5,6 Gear I pulled on him like nothing. It was from zero and 1st gear that I lost to an STI, but I eventually caight up and pulled on him. There is no difference if a stock 335i is going against an STI with exhuast. My friend "Who is a MEMBER here" raced a STI with ony an exhuast, My friend has an e92 335i(6speed) and he pulled on him twice. And the STI was a good driver. Because after when my friend pulled on his a$$ they changed drivers of the STI to make sure it wasnt the driver. And guess what?..... my friend pulled on the second driver with the same STI. It doesnt matter what they say or what you heard. STI > 335i from zero and 1st gear. 335i > 2,3,4,5,6 gear
Whatever man, there are hardware and performance differences, much of it due to the much improved hwy gearing on th 07.... And the STi you and your friends raced must have been weak as hell, my brother has an 05 with a reflash and exhaust...yeah, and he runs 12.5s @ 108 all day in that config and WALKED THE DOG on me from a roll when I was stock (I trapped 104 stock).
      09-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #26
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
Lets keep in mind that the STI weights about 3300 lbs. thats about 300 lbs less that 335.

But still, I think you should have beaten him...are you sure he was stock? a lot of people say they are stock.
true that, especially with how cheap thier mods are and how much HP they can gain from them

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0