BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

07-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #67
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

wow so many posts I want to quote but it's much easier not to. I agree with Sharp that it's better to be loved and lost than to not love at all. THat's how we add colors to our lives. Which story would you rathere tell : I got in this relationship with this girl and had all these kinds of probs and we broke up OR I've been been in love??

I think the people that say "it's better being single" are only kidding themselves. In front of others they say that but deep inside they want to be in a relationship. Being single has its good and bad sides. Then comes the point where you've been single for too long, that's when it start to suck. Everyone should stay single for a while after a relationship to reminisce, reflect and learn from it. I know people who jump from one relationship to another and it grosses me out.

As for the sex part of it, Im also not the kind of guys that go for a one night stand. I'd rather "make love" than just "boning, banging, doing, fuckIn" a girl. To be honest I would prefer to be in a relationship much more than just dating or being single. Then again im picky as fuck when it comes to girls. LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #68
Scarabeo
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: E90

Been married for 30 years - you guys are a riot....met my wife in Spain while doing junior year abroad - Franco was still alive...haven't stopped travelling since then....
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #69
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
Some people need a sense of security that comes with having someone in your life. Besides you want to be single forever? There does come a time and for some it can be early, later or never!
Security in what? Do you mean financially? Or do we need someone to promise to love us forever and ever?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #70
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta
Security in what? Do you mean financially? Or do we need someone to promise to love us forever and ever?
Knowing that someone is always there for you no matter what.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #71
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Are you really that naive?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #72
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Are you really that naive?
On the contrary....but I like how you are thinking. It is naive to get into a relationship based on a wish and promise.

I said "financially" in jest to stimulate conversation. There is no "security" in a relationship. Both partners have to work together to make it a success.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #73
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
On the contrary....but I like how you are thinking. It is naive to get into a relationship based on a wish and promise.

I said "financially" in jest to stimulate conversation. There is no "security" in a relationship. Both partners have to work together to make it a success.
Who stated that wish and promise were the reasons to invest in a partnership? Good relationships are comprised of much more than the trivial. Furthermore, there does exist some facet of security in interpersonal relationships.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #74
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Who stated that wish and promise were the reasons to invest in a partnership? Good relationships are comprised of much more than the trivial. Furthermore, there does exist some facet of security in interpersonal relationships.

Nikki did...when she gave the hallmark answer...Knowing that someone will be there for you no matter what.

Belief in that is a wish. And if the the other person decides to modify or terminate the relationship (I assume we are referring to long term romantic relationships) the other person feels as if a promise has been broken.

Most people get into relationships out of fear of being alone, not because they want to better themselves and the other person.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #75
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

hallmark answer
like you think that one sentence entirely sums up what i think of a relationship?

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #76
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
hallmark answer
like you think that one sentence entirely sums up what i think of a relationship?
Nah....you were just answering the earlier question.

"Hallmark answer" was not a jibe. I hope that you don't take it that way.

But relationship does not equal security...that was my point.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #77
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

Most people get into relationships out of fear of being alone, not because they want to better themselves and the other person.
"Most" is an over-generalization. Over-generalizing seems to be your modus operandi.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #78
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep

Quote:
"Most" is an over-generalization. Over-generalizing seems to be your modus operandi.
Generalizing is ok when we talks about groups of people. I was trying not to get personal. So, why do you think people get involved into long term romantic relationships?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #79
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

If you guys are really that curious as to why we feel a need to be in relationships, perhaps you should further research human nature in general--epistemology and metaphysics, for example, are two branches of philosophical thought on this particular subject. Plato's Symposium or Plato's Phaedrus is a good place to start.

Last edited by deutschmann59; 07-08-2006 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #80
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183

Plato's Phaedrus is a good place to start.
I am checking on that now...gimme a few hours to digest it. I love philosophy!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 06:30 PM   #81
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

And what's wrong with not wanting to be alone anyways?

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #82
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
I am checking on that now...gimme a few hours to digest it. I love philosophy!!
There are some "strange" ideas in this book, but there are some interesting points of views between the difference between friendship love and "romantic" love.

Plato's Symposium also goes into discussion about love and relationships. The Republic is also really interesting, which tells about the "perfect" society. As you can probably tell, I'm really into philosophy, too!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #83
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
And what's wrong with not wanting to be alone anyways?
Nada.

But I think that societal pressure has a large part in long term romantic partnerships...especially in the South where I am from. Many women get married at a young age (17,18,19) because that's what their parents did. They barely have enough time to figure out who they are and what they want in life before everyone in the town is pestering them to get married and have kids.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #84
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nada.

But I think that societal pressure has a large part in long term romantic partnerships...especially in the South where I am from. Many women get married at a young age (17,18,19) because that's what their parents did. They barely have enough time to figure out who they are and what they want in life before everyone in the town is pestering them to get married and have kids.
Mmm relationships and marriage are two different things. I have been in a relationship for 4 years but I dont see myself getting married until at least another 3 years.

Appreciate 0