BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #23
Pilot
шутник
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
There is no amount of money that you pay for a car that guarantees no problems. You and that guy who just bought a Kia or Suzuki are in the same boat -- problems might happen. I agree it sucks. It's also fairly obvious that more than one person has had major problems with the M3. My point is that your thread title and initial post both make assertions that are unsupported by evidence.
True, but the more you pay, the more you should get.

And my point is that I overreacted, like I wrote.

P
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #24
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

@Pilot

Sorry to hear that. Do you remember what the variable redline moved to when this problem occured?

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #25
Pilot
шутник
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfurban View Post
Come on man, be GLAD you have the indicator. Take it in to the dealer and they'll check it out. Stop being such a whiner.... You want me to start complaining about ALL the problems I had with my 2001 Ford Explorer??? Got an HOUR???? Don't get me started. LOL Be glad you are able to afford such a wonderfully engineered product.
They are checking while I'm driving 130i.. will inform you.

A Ford?

P
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #26
Pilot
шутник
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
@Pilot

Sorry to hear that. Do you remember what the variable redline moved to when this problem occured?

Best regards, south

P
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #27
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

P
Thanks for the reply. There are at least three other people here who had the same problem. Doesn't seem to be a big deal, but it's quite annoying (especially with an accelerating N54 in front, but that's another story ).

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #28
Jack's dad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinhci View Post
+1
Same here. Knock on wood, the car has been absolutely perfect since I took delivery four months ago...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #29
Serious
1M advocate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 S4. 2011 M3. 2012 S1000RR

What do you expect from a first year car?

Every M3 model has first year issues that are ultimately solved throughout the production life.
      08-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #30
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfurban View Post
Damn, lucid, you sound like an attorney! The guy will take it in and get a LOANER and be able to rack up miles on THAT car while his baby is being treated. Compensation.....jeez!!
It all depends. A loaner wouldn't cut it for me if I could not drive a new car I dropped a huge chunk of money on for a month for example (and that has happened to people with E46 M3s). Since I don't know how long he's been without his car, that's what I suggested. If you think the repairs are taking an unreasonable amount time, it is perfectly reasonable for you to ask them to financially compensate you. Why make payments on a car for a month if you can't enjoy it? Or if you own the car, have it depreciate for a month without being able to enjoy it? The only exception might be if the loaner was an E9X M3, or an M5 or something, which I seriously doubt. They'll most likely send you home in an X3. If he had to part from his car for only 2-3 days, then yes, he’s kind of whining…
      08-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #31
Pilot
шутник
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
It all depends. A loaner wouldn't cut it for me if I could not drive a new car I dropped a huge chunk of money on for a month for example (and that has happened to people with E46 M3s). Since I don't know how long he's been without his car, that's what I suggested. If you think the repairs are taking an unreasonable amount time, it is perfectly reasonable for you to ask them to financially compensate you. Why make payments on a car for a month if you can't enjoy it? Or if you own the car, have it depreciate for a month without being able to enjoy it? The only exception might be if the loaner was an E9X M3, or an M5 or something, which I seriously doubt. They'll most likely send you home in an X3. If he had to part from his car for only 2-3 days, then yes, he’s kind of whining…
The first service break was 2 weeks. It's estimated that this fuel pump fault thing might take the same.

P
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 04:29 AM   #32
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousm3 View Post

Every M3 model has first year issues that are ultimately solved throughout the production life.
i see where you are getting at here, but the fact that all of us even have that notion in our heads is proof that we are letting car companies off easy. if you are making a purchase, you as the buyer have the full right to expect that it is going to work correctly. it is BMW's problem to figure these issues out before they put the car on sale. it is a sad reality that what you said is probably true, but we as consumers should demand more.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #33
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
The first service break was 2 weeks. It's estimated that this fuel pump fault thing might take the same.

P
In the USA, that sort of total service time (usually 30 days within one year) qualifies for the "lemon" law in many states. BMW would have to buy back the car or provide a new one.

Hope Finland has similar laws.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #34
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousm3 View Post

What I am hoping for - NOT that 1st year buyer's are stressed! - but that some gremlins w/ M-DCT, fuel pump etc are sorted by MY09.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #35
440hpe46
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

The HPFP is a major issue for BMW...they really need to get it fixed and figure out what the exact problem is...

A few months ago I had my 335 go into limp mode due to the fuel pump...which then had the recall done with the new Bosch unit...

I was told to never let the 335 go below a 1/4 tank of gas because the ratio on the pump is so high, and the software specs are so tight, that even if there is a 50 psi drop, that the car will go into half power mode...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #36
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I kind of actually disagree with you Lucid (there is a first for everything). I had one of the original e92 335is and as a result had a failed HPFP I was without my car for almost 6-weeks and I was fine with a 328i loaner. It was a car I didn't have to pay for. My dealer was nice enough to do a trade assist so that when my car was done I got that back and then my new one came in and I got a brand new car. But they didn't have to, I was glad that I got a BMW loaner. It was a first year car that is mass produced, things will happen......

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 12:52 AM   #37
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

first year tweaks naturally. I had a '06 M5 and had major issues with the servotronic cutting off and vanos needing replacement. My dealer eventually bought the car back. I was very satisfied with the M5 when it worked, so I gave it another try for a '07 and been fine. Just hang in there.

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0