BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

10-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Close
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)

Last edited by Lshaw; 10-14-2015 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

I'd give him the refund. I ran through your pics and it isn't definitive in any of them that the clear is starting to go. Given the fact that you didn't disclose that, I'd have to say that's on you. As far as clear being a wearable layer and bound to peel....do you feel the same way about the clear that covers the paint on your car?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

when selling something, it is good to give an accurate description. you mention they were "professionally refinished" which would lead any reasonable person to believe the clear coat wouldn't be peeling.

i would be pretty pissed. you may have not had the intent to be dishonest, but the wheels were certainly misrepresented. "wearable" layer or not, you need to be up front about it.

furthermore, you state, "They were on my car e90 Lci for a few months 2 years back." you don't mention anything about the wheels being 8 years old in your for sale thread- so your 8 year old wheel expected defects defense doesn't apply.
      10-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
I'd give him the refund. I ran through your pics and it isn't definitive in any of them that the clear is starting to go. Given the fact that you didn't disclose that, I'd have to say that's on you. As far as clear being a wearable layer and bound to peel....do you feel the same way about the clear that covers the paint on your car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
when selling something, it is good to give an accurate description. you mention they were "professionally refinished" which would lead any reasonable person to believe the clear coat wouldn't be peeling.

i would be pretty pissed. you may have not had the intent to be dishonest, but the wheels were certainly misrepresented. "wearable" layer or not, you need to be up front about it.

furthermore, you state, "They were on my car e90 Lci for a few months 2 years back." you don't mention anything about the wheels being 8 years old in your for sale thread- so your 8 year old wheel expected defects defense doesn't apply.

Gentlemen, thank you for your input. I have done over 100+ transactions on forums, and through ebay. It truly is tough to bite the bullet and accept some fault in this. I am working with the buyer and we are working it out, hopefully karma will do me well in the future, as i could have easily just ran with the money, lol, but i have been on the receiving end of this situation and it isn't fun.

In my defense, i didn't mention the age of the wheels because, there is no point if they are 100% structurally sound and cosmetically fair. I do not think they were misrepresented, the peeling is on (1) wheel only and i overlooked it because simply, you need to truly scrutinize the wheels to notice the peeling

I also did say professionally refinish in the first paragraph as well as refinish for "curb rash" in the next. Nevertheless the term "refinish" encompasses plenty of services, and i did not have them paint nor clear coat because BBS diamond black is unique to BBS only.

Cheers
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #5
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

This is totally on the seller. One can not sell a item without full disclosure and not expect this to happen. You are lucky he does not want to send the wheels back. These are the kinds of situations that can be avoided and might make one think you are a deceptive seller.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #6
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
Gentlemen, thank you for your input. I have done over 100+ transactions on forums, and through ebay. It truly is tough to bite the bullet and accept some fault in this. I am working with the buyer and we are working it out, hopefully karma will do me well in the future, as i could have easily just ran with the money, lol, but i have been on the receiving end of this situation and it isn't fun.
Cheers

There are times I've had to bite the bullet to make things right. It sucked, but afterwards I could look back on those situations and say that I handled them with integrity, which is something no one can take away. And you're right about karma; it is always best to sow good seeds and harvest them later rather than sow barren seeds and reap them later.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #7
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

I don't believe in karma, but I do, however, believe in selling with integrity. Sure, you bit the bullet on the shipping, but in the grand scheme of things, you should have disclosed it.

If I'm selling something even with the slightest defect (unless new), mention it then let the pictures do the talking (also make sure to take halfway decent pictures). If it takes longer to sell because the "defect" list is quite long, then so be it. At least your ass is covered in case someone comes back with a dispute.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0