Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Pirelli Sottozero Run Flat Availability in Canada?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
thunderbirdsarego
Private
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Question Pirelli Sottozero Run Flat Availability in Canada?

I should be receiving my 330xi sometime this coming January. It arrives with the 17" sport wheels (syle 159 as I recall). These will be my winter wheels (I ski and drive the Coquihalla every other week year round and also drive an occasionally ploughed gravel road up to a ranch many winter weekends!) and will need something better than the all-seasons which they come with.

My dealer has agreed to switch the tires for a winter tire but I am trying to decide which tire to use. The Pirelli SottoZero run flats look like a good compromise as they shouldn't take away from my daily winter (=wet!) driving experience too much. I imagine the sotto zeros would not like my gravel road a lot but I've managed to get our old beater up there (rally style!) with (narrow) all-seasons, plus we have a truck in reserve...

Anyway, to my question! I can't seem to find the sotto zeros on the Pirelli Canada web site? Are these only available in the US?

Thoughts? Comments? Jokes? ... and alternate tire recommendations welcome!

PS- I already have a dealer option on a 1/2 price set of 162's which I can put hih performance tires on for summer use -- the sotto zeros would be in use late November-April.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #2
the*saint*
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

I had a set of Pirelli 210 on my Acura and i found them to be awesome in the wet/snow. The Sottozero seems to be available in 210 and 240 (in various sizes for runflat application):
http://www.tiretrends.com/Winter-Tir...nufacturerID=8

As an alternate, you can consider the Dunlop Winter Sport M3. It's cheaper than even the 210 Sottozero and packs a good dose of sportiness. I have a runflat set as do many others here so you can search to see reviews/opinions.
Appreciate 0