BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

01-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
zacbol
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Comments about the M3 on Nagtroc

Let me preface this by saying I'm frequently disappointed in the attitude people on here take towards other cars, most notably the GTR. It's an amazing performance car with some troubling (but possibly overblown) issues and some sketchy marketing from Nissan.

And while normally I don't much care what people say about the M3 on other forums, for some reason I find this thread on Nagtroc really annoying:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27526

M3 not reliable? Sure, there definitely seem to be some issues with DCT and I wouldn't argue BMW is a rung or three below Subaru or Toyota, but compared to the GTR? Uh, have they read InsideLine's long term test. It borders on satire (Whether it's truly representative is another question) And complaining about the exhaust note of the M3? Compared to a the TT V6 in the GTR? Um...

Please don't turn into another GTR bashing thread, though. I think we've done enough of that already.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
I put up a post on there!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacbol View Post
M3 not reliable? Sure, there definitely seem to be some issues with DCT and I wouldn't argue BMW is a rung or three below Subaru or Toyota, but compared to the GTR? Uh, have they read InsideLine's long term test. It borders on satire (Whether it's truly representative is another question) And complaining about the exhaust note of the M3? Compared to a the TT V6 in the GTR? Um...

Please don't turn into another GTR bashing thread, though. I think we've done enough of that already.
Well said!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Why lose sleep over what those dumb dumbs say over there? Consider the source and don't worry about it. You are driving one of the best cars in the world at any price. Let the others say what they wish. The only one that needs to love your car is YOU.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

lawl. I seriously doubt more than half of the people on that site even own GTRs.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Let me preface this by saying I'm frequently disappointed in the attitude people on here take towards other cars, most notably the GTR. It's an amazing performance car with some troubling (but possibly overblown) issues and some sketchy marketing from Nissan.

And while normally I don't much care what people say about the M3 on other forums, for some reason I find this thread on Nagtroc really annoying:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27526

I read this whole thread, and there is some really questionable posts. First off, half of these clowns are talking about up grading to a 60k-120k car FROM A TOYOTA/SUBURU/HONDA in the middle of a worldwide recession. BS. People who buy Toyota Matrix's dont trade them in for E63's, come on! Another lier on there said "I drove an M3 and was terribly unimpressed with it, So I bought a 335i and modded it instead".........WHAT! The problem with a dedicated GTR forum is the fact that a huge portion of the constituancy is going to be teenage kids living out their fantasies online.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt beard View Post
I read this whole thread, and there is some really questionable posts. First off, half of these clowns are talking about up grading to a 60k-120k car FROM A TOYOTA/SUBURU/HONDA in the middle of a worldwide recession. BS. People who buy Toyota Matrix's dont trade them in for E63's, come on! Another lier on there said "I drove an M3 and was terribly unimpressed with it, So I bought a 335i and modded it instead".........WHAT! The problem with a dedicated GTR forum is the fact that a huge portion of the constituancy is going to be teenage kids living out their fantasies online.
Well said!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
09E92M34ME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
Well said!
+100000000000000000000
09 E92 M3,AW/FR. MODS:Performane Kidney Grills,Side Gills,Exhaust Tips,BMW Performance Pedals,359 Satin Black GTS Wheels,275/35/19R & 255/35/19F PSS's,Dinan Stage I Suspension,Macht Schnell Spacers 12mmF,5mmR,Rear Fogs,Euphoria 6k,LCI Tails,LUX v3,OEM IND Painted Alpine White CF Performance Spoiler, Front Splitters, and Front Reflectors,Gloss Black Hood Vents,M Performance Steering Wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Unfortunately there's a lot of that happening on here, too.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
kranky
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
The problem with a dedicated GTR forum is the fact that a huge portion of the constituancy is going to be teenage kids living out their fantasies online.
A big +1 on this.

If you look at the biggest know-it-all in that thread, Ev0H8t3r, this doesn't sound like someone who just dropped $70k on a 2009 GT-R:

Ev0H8t3r
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 05:11 AM   #11
samM376'
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

I love how they compare the handling of the M3 to be "ok"
What world do they live on? Handling in what? changing lanes maybe? But I doubt they have any track driving under their belts

Last season I only saw one GT-R at the track and I highly doubt I will see more

Writing this car off as a POS is really hater talk over there from people I doubt have the GT-R or could even afford the M3 or any E92 for that matter

http://chitownm.com
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #12
jml
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M, GT3RS, GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Unfortunately there's a lot of that happening on here, too.
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #13
jml
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M, GT3RS, GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by samM376' View Post
I love how they compare the handling of the M3 to be "ok"
What world do they live on? Handling in what? changing lanes maybe? But I doubt they have any track driving under their belts

Last season I only saw one GT-R at the track and I highly doubt I will see more

Writing this car off as a POS is really hater talk over there from people I doubt have the GT-R or could even afford the M3 or any E92 for that matter
I've seen about 10 here in Texas, 5 at once. It's one of the most popular new cars I see at the track. I have only seen one E9X out (soon to be joined by mine).

I will say that I have worked with a student in a GTR, and they are, without a shadow of a doubt, an amazing car. Very easy to drive (though difficult to learn car control in) ridiculously fast and on-line.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #14
Splinter4784
414 little horsies
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranky View Post
A big +1 on this.

If you look at the biggest know-it-all in that thread, Ev0H8t3r, this doesn't sound like someone who just dropped $70k on a 2009 GT-R:

Ev0H8t3r

+100

I just laughed really hard for 5 minutes after reading that post

WTF? who the hell makes that big of a deal about $60 tax on there POS toyota Matrix and claims to have a GT-R

01-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #15
zacbol
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
The problem with a dedicated GTR forum is the fact that a huge portion of the constituancy is going to be teenage kids living out their fantasies online.
Great point. I've always had doubts that all on this forum who claim to have an M3 actually do. It's almost surely worse on Nagtroc.

I think I was just in a agitated mood on Friday when I read the thread. As I mentioned in my initial post, normally I don't really care much about this sort of thing...and rereading it now, while I'm in a better mood, I couldn't care less about what's been said there.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #16
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Great point. I've always had doubts that all on this forum who claim to have an M3 actually do. It's almost surely worse on Nagtroc.

I think I was just in a agitated mood on Friday when I read the thread. As I mentioned in my initial post, normally I don't really care much about this sort of thing...and rereading it now, while I'm in a better mood, I couldn't care less about what's been said there.
I agree, It is a certainty given the nature of man and internet that a large portion of those on this website drive Civics/Camry's rather than M's. But oh well, liers will be liers. There was one person on here who constantly made mention of this car, and that car, all of which were highly desirable, and all of which he owned of course. He seemed to be above reproach because of the exhaustive knowledge he had of said cars. Well some where down the line someone didn't believe him about the ownership of an Aston Martin, and asked him to display a picture. He obliged by posting several stunning pictures of the interior and exterior, and of the dash and the wheels. UNfortunately for him, some others saw the same pictures on e-bay only they were taken of two seperate cars.
I haven't heard from him since.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #17
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

I see Kingleh on there LOL. Nice. Pretty much everyone on there is C63 for the sound. I agree it sounds nice, but it is ridiculous to think he is buying a family car based on sound alone.
      01-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #18
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Melbourne Red Coupe - DCT

The C63 was an option for me also. But having a 2002 S Class and a 2007 ML, I'm burnt out of Mercs... plus MB has done a good job of making money as well as saturating the market with too many model choices. I'm a MB customer, but I admit there are times when I go into the showroom and can't figure out why two similar looking vehicles are $100K difference in price. I test drove the C63, CLS63, M5 & M3... I decided to purchase the M3. To each his own...
      01-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #19
newm3owner
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 AW Coupe

Who cares what others think, unless they walk on water, and no one has done that for a couple thousand years!
I enjoy driving my car, and glad I got it, and that is all that matters to me!
Appreciate 0