BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-17-2007, 01:56 AM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Pointless drives...

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 04-01-2012 at 05:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 02:08 AM   #2
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
You gotta do it all now before you get tied down to a full time Job and wife or GF and eventually kids... Thats when it'll get hard to do those... I go on the not needed drives in the am before the wife and kid wake up (On weekends)...
      06-17-2007, 02:14 AM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

True, but I at my rate I'll have like 15-20k in miles on this thing just in its first year..........thats not a very good rate to be going at considering that I'll be having this car for a very very long time. Im actually pretty tempted to go right now, epecially since PCH is pretty lively right now, but screw the cops that patrol it all the time.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 02:16 AM   #4
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Valentine 1 and I can tell you all the hot spots on PCH depending where you cruise it...I work in Malibu and am there every damn day.
      06-17-2007, 02:39 AM   #5
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
Valentine 1 and I can tell you all the hot spots on PCH depending where you cruise it...I work in Malibu and am there every damn day.
I have V1, Im more affraid of a cop just seeing me gun it at a light or something like that. I usually cruise it from around Niguel Road by the Ritz Carlton to newport beach, like McArthur.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Different end of PCH than what im familiar with, but I dont think it's wise to be nailing it off the line at any light on PCH no matter what part.
      06-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
I live in Ohio, so I have no clue about the area that you guys are referring, but I have no problems driving my car just for the sake of driving. Just going back and forth to work during the week puts at least 600 miles on the car. I will get between 32k to 36k miles per year and I enjoy every single mile. I like to drive and this car begs to be driven.

Makes me want to go driving now...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
twinpsi
女性 ..
South Korea
Rep
Drives: MB E90 335i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
So am I the only one here who gets up and just drives their car around for absolutley no reason other then driving it. With no particular place to go, no errand to run, nothing...... Just wasting gas and mileage. Im starting to feel like im retarded for doing this becuase I've had my car since march and already I have about 6,600K miles on it! I just cant help it sometimes, I love to drive around PCH and around town and just hear that 335i engine wined itself out and whatever. Im starting to feel like I need to stop these pointless drives that can last an hour or more most the time. Im putting alot of mileage on this thing real quick, and Im going through alot of gas. Maybe when summer school starts next week, I finally get a job, and then a full load of school starts in the fall....maybe then, Im pretty sure then, I'll ease up on this pointless driving because I'll be too busy.

Not to mention that 3 of my best friends are in europe till the 26th, Im not 21 nor do I have ID (if anyone knows where I can get a good one, let me know!!!) so clubs and bars are out of the question, the girl friend (or something like that) is always away so im pretty much g/f less as well.....I try and spend time with my family but I can only do that so much ya know? I go body boarding for HOURS and hours most the time so I get super tired for the rest of my day when I have those beach sessions. So I guess its from lack of things to do then right? Im pretty sure this habit will die down as soon as I get too busy for it. I hope so becuase Im really putting WAY too many miles on it WAY too soon; its unnecessary.
i do as well. lol gotta admit, im pretty emo these days. just shit in my life .. so i take a drive when im bored down PCH as well. haha.
      06-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpsi View Post
i do as well. lol gotta admit, im pretty emo these days. just shit in my life .. so i take a drive when im bored down PCH as well. haha.
Man.....believe i've had my down times on PCH thats for sure haha, especially last summer....wow, worst time of my life.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
twinpsi
女性 ..
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyulak View Post
I live in Ohio, so I have no clue about the area that you guys are referring, but I have no problems driving my car just for the sake of driving. Just going back and forth to work during the week puts at least 600 miles on the car. I will get between 32k to 36k miles per year and I enjoy every single mile. I like to drive and this car begs to be driven.

Makes me want to go driving now...
PCH is pacific coast highway .. or the 1 highway. i think it starts from seattle, Washington all the way to San diego, California (someone correct me if im wrong). its called the PCH because its right by the pacific beaches and its just one long road ..
      06-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #11
twinpsi
女性 ..
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Man.....believe i've had my down times on PCH thats for sure haha, especially last summer....wow, worst time of my life.
haha, last summer was the best time of my life, 2007 sucks balls for me. but yeah, i feel you haha. drives tend to make me emo.
      06-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #12
e90owner1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
haha, last summer was the best time of my life, 2007 sucks balls for me. but yeah, i feel you haha. drives tend to make me emo.
amen.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #13
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
i do the same..... usually i sleep in the day, or in the evening. wake up at 1, or 2 am. and just drive down the highway (or at least, thats what its supposed to be. even though taxi's stop on the side to pick up ppl, ppl run across the road, and the fact that its only 3 lanes wide..... lol).

Yeah, i never noticed, but driving does make me emo... the other day i had my gf wash my car in a bikini.... i noticed i was getting hard to my car, not her... im actually really worried. its gone beyond the point of return. sometimes (please guys no jokes, im serious) i fantasize about my car more than her! HELP ME!
      06-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #14
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

Quote:
same here... amen to that i was supposed to get married yesterday but the crazy psycho chick left me and now begs me to come back... long story but its over and life is pretty emo
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #15
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

i use to drive my car around aimlessly as well but now that i have an every day car (05 A4) i abuse that car and take out my bmw prolly once a week im way below my miles
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #16
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Well the drives dont make me emo, I actually feel great when Im driving. HOWEVER, if theres a situation going on in my mind regarding school, g/f, or family or anything else......then yes, I tend to get upset when I drive too. I feel a little more confident and good in my car then usual. I went on one of those drives last night and today. The end of 2006 and pretty much all of 2007 so far (minus getting a new car) has honestly been the roughest time of my life period.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #17
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
wow..... well heres an idea..... come to Trinidad and blow some steam off. i got MADDD weed just sitting here in duffle bag. its got EVERY member of E90post's name on it!
      06-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #18
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
wow..... well heres an idea..... come to Trinidad and blow some steam off. i got MADDD weed just sitting here in duffle bag. its got EVERY member of E90post's name on it!
HAHA.....for sure man, if i could leave i would. But I have school and stuff.

So this brings me to the second part of my thread: How do you all drive your cars? Spirited and hard, or slow and easy. I usually turn a bit sharper and quicker then I should, and I also gas it off of lights and stop signs a bit too hard as well. Im not really a freeway speeder nor do i go super fast when im just going down the road. Im just a hard accelerator and a hard turner.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #19
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
well i have to drive slow during the hours between 5am all the way to 1am. many people walk in the middle of the highway causing numerous accidents.... and taxi's stop on the sides suddenly. thats why i have to drive cautiously. but when i go for my joy rides, i put the high beams on, and floor it.

it depends on the mood and music. if im relaxed, i play some santana or jazz and drive slowly... but if im blazing techno im fooring that shit and weaving between the vagrants in the road.

its actually safer to drive high as fuck than sober.... so u drive at like 30km/h. but i would never, no matter how perfect the opportunity. never drive under the influnce.... but then again. i think techno is the worst thing to listen to when driving. thhe music encourages fast/aggressive driving. and i like that! hahahah good times.
      06-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #20
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

You are not alone in this. My friend use to do this in his A4 and 330xi, but that was when gas prices were low ($1.60), not over $3.00 as we have now.
      06-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #21
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I can completely relate to the TC. I have this problem...this addiction if you will...of driving aimlessly for countless miles for no reason at all. It blows steam off, but at the exchange of steep mileage and gas consumption increases.

I also accelerate from a stop light/sign quite a bit faster than necessary. Same goes for breaking. I slow down a little more abruptly than necessary. The passengers hate it. I can't help it...I mean I can...but I just like to "feel" the car when I drive it. I get anxious. I have this need to be the fastest on the road, if only by 5 mph. I drive aggressively, yet courteously on the highway. I speed, but I indicate EVERY time I should. I don't tailgate. I check my blind spots. I do what I have to do to be as safe a driver as possible...except for speeding. Some days it's not so bad. Some days, say, if I'm feeling relaxed, a familiar tune is playing on the radio and things have been goin' good, I can manage it effortlessly. It almost feels as though the car is driving me...sort of a hypnotic feeling.

It's just an uncontrollable urge. I've almost had my car for a year (mid way through the 11th month as of now) and have racked up a healthy 13,000 miles...and I hardly have a rigorous driving schedule. A good third or maybe even half of those miles is due to spirited driving.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #22
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Oh yeah, most of my drives occur on the highway around 11:30pm-1:30am...where I live I don't have to worry about speed traps. There's no where to set 'em up without being obvious. I have traveled along my "circuit" - the certain bit of highway that I circulate through - everyday without a single ticket; Each day going up to speeds easily in excess of 120mph+. Best part is, I've relied on nothing but my eyes, memory, and gut instinct (lol I know). No radar dectectors, V1, passport, whatever. None of that.

I know I'll get a ticket some day. I just don't think it'll be anytime soon. Especially if I end up getting one of them handy lil' radar detectors.
Appreciate 0