BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #243
SpiralOut
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Rein View Post
So its been awhile since Ive been back here. Still no Z06. Still looking, but seems that when I find one, either price is way high or it's gone by the time Im ready to roll. Maybe a sign? Who knows. So I have been also CONSIDERING a 2013 GT500. I fear I may be crossing over to the dark side. WTF is wrong with me...LOL
A friend of mine has a 07 Z06 he's thinking about selling as he hardly ever drives it anymore. Black on Black running on gray ZR1 wheels. 2LT package i guess with Nav. 20 something thousand miles i think..? He's crazy about his cars so it pretty much looks brand new. Let me know if interested and I can find out how much $$ he wants for it. He's located close to Raleigh, NC.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #244
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Red GTR

Quote:
So its been awhile since Ive been back here. Still no Z06. Still looking, but seems that when I find one, either price is way high or it's gone by the time Im ready to roll. Maybe a sign? Who knows. So I have been also CONSIDERING a 2013 GT500. I fear I may be crossing over to the dark side. WTF is wrong with me...LOL
No interest in a C7?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #245
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Lets be honest, the M3 has trouble keeping up with a c5 z06.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #246
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Let's be honest. Most corvette owners I've seen have no business at the track and can't keep up with a 325i that's prepped.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #247
Let It Rein
ORNGBLD
Rep
Drives: F80 Sakhir Orange

Let's be honest, a dick is a dick no matter what he drives. Lol.
Lmk about the NC car as I'm in SC
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #248
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let's be honest, a dick is a dick no matter what he drives. Lol.
Lmk about the NC car as I'm in SC
Vettes are formidibale car, especially in my hands, but most that I have seen aren't driven very well. I always see the typical older fatter guy putting around the track looking at the scenery.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #249
Let It Rein
ORNGBLD
Rep

Fat I'm not, old is subjective and the only place I want to putt around is on the green. Had a handful of M cars, time for something new. Thought it was gonna be the Z, but now I'm not so certain. Hell, change is fun!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #250
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fat I'm not, old is subjective and the only place I want to putt around is on the green. Had a handful of M cars, time for something new. Thought it was gonna be the Z, but now I'm not so certain. Hell, change is fun!!!
Not trying to offend. I would love to have a z06 in my garage as well. Just don't let my friends see it or they will think I'm having my crisis. Buying a gt3 might get me similar reactions.

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #251
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Let's be honest. Most corvette owners I've seen have no business at the track and can't keep up with a 325i that's prepped.
At least I see a lot more corvettes at the track then the m3's on here that are lowered to the point that they can't be driven, have big flashy rims on them and bbk's that haven't been bedded in. Are their terrible vette drivers? Of course. Are their terrible Ferrari drivers? Double of course. But I do respect the guy that was in the beginner class with his f430 because he is trying to learn and I'm sure having fun. Much better than driving on sunset with the top down and a fake tan
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #252
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskamatt View Post
At least I see a lot more corvettes at the track then the m3's on here that are lowered to the point that they can't be driven, have big flashy rims on them and bbk's that haven't been bedded in. Are their terrible vette drivers? Of course. Are their terrible Ferrari drivers? Double of course. But I do respect the guy that was in the beginner class with his f430 because he is trying to learn and I'm sure having fun. Much better than driving on sunset with the top down and a fake tan
+1000, no 20's, no coilovers for the street, no bbk for the street.

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #253
Let It Rein
ORNGBLD
Rep

Not offended at all. My life is one crisis after another . I can't help it. I like bamf cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #254
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskamatt
Quote:
What tracks are you at man? I got to willow springs and button willow and the only consistent Vette out there is my buddies Z06. He was the only Vette and there were 11 M3's. ill post a vid a little later of me and him playing on the track and at the end of the vid, a bone stock M3 with only RS3's catches and passes both him and then me lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #255
SpiralOut
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hey Let It Rein, I mentioned my friends car in NC a few posts back..... here's some pics he just sent over.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #256
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Just got back from buttonwillow. It was my first track day in the dry with this car. All stock down to the brake fluid netted me a 2.04 with a lot of room for improvement. This track day cemented the fact that I love this chassis. It's almost like an s2000 with the power it never had. And I got 25mpg there and back!! No regrets on this purchase. And that's rare coming from me.
Btw the cobra is a one trick pony. If that's what you want. The boss was is the better choice

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #257
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Not trying to offend. I would love to have a z06 in my garage as well. Just don't let my friends see it or they will think I'm having my crisis. Buying a gt3 might get me similar reactions.
GT3's get you similar reactions? Do your friends even know about cars??!!

Why care what others think???!!!

Just drive what you like and enjoy. Life is too short to worry what others think.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #258
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskamatt
Quote:
What tracks are you at man? I got to willow springs and button willow and the only consistent Vette out there is my buddies Z06. He was the only Vette and there were 11 M3's. ill post a vid a little later of me and him playing on the track and at the end of the vid, a bone stock M3 with only RS3's catches and passes both him and then me lol.
Mostly auto club and chuckwalla. Only been to streets once. Never been to big willow. Located in SD so button is a bit far. Moving to LA soon so things will change. I've run a bit with speed ventures and they have the corvette challenges which is where I've seen quite a few vettes. Possibly going this Saturday as well, however my nitto's are pretty much done. Figured i would burn off one more day and then get another set. If anyone is there say hello
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #259
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
Just got back from buttonwillow. It was my first track day in the dry with this car. All stock down to the brake fluid netted me a 2.04 with a lot of room for improvement. This track day cemented the fact that I love this chassis. It's almost like an s2000 with the power it never had. And I got 25mpg there and back!! No regrets on this purchase. And that's rare coming from me.
Btw the cobra is a one trick pony. If that's what you want. The boss was is the better choice
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #260
Let It Rein
ORNGBLD
Rep

Quote:
Explain that statement.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #261
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Rein
Quote:
Explain that statement.
Sorry, meant gt500. It has upgraded brembos, suspension, tranny, motor, and aero yet it can't make it through an hpde track session. The solid rear axle really is the main drawback for me why I would never pay more than 45k for that platform(boss 302 w/Torsen & recaros). I just simply think its overpriced and over compensating for the chassis with motor... A lot of motor!

With the boss, everything runs in unison and its as good as it gets. However, if its bragging rights for the worlds most powerful production v8 there is no substitute. Besides the boss holds such good value you can resell it at a minimal loss when your done

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #262
Let It Rein
ORNGBLD
Rep

Def paying for the Shelby name and its not cheap. Something about the car is drawing me to it though...maybe it will pass. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #263
SpiralOut
Captain
United_States
Rep

You see the Shelby GT500 on top gear this week? Clarkson had his gripe points as he usually does about american cars, but the thing is definitely a beast no doubt. The 302 leguna seca's are pretty cool looking too.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #264
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy

302's seem to be the choice if you are going to track the car. Shelbys seem more of a straightline car but either of these cars would be a good choice.
Appreciate 0