BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #23
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by budski
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
When you say it doesn't work, you mean the tips seem sunken in or something touches? I have a Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Type II Rear Diffuser on the car. Will I have issues?

Tx.
The photos I've found have showed the tips sunken in and not flush. I personally have not seen a meisterschaft system with a rear diffuser but would love to.

I think most diffusers will work but it doesn't seem like the meisterschaft crowd have diffusers. Prove me wrong!!!
Just bought a challenge diffuser and it does not fit with my meisterschaft exhaust. Mind u i have the super GT. From what i have gathered it seems most people with meisterschafts either dont run diffusers because of the clearance or the sunken look.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #24
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanto///M View Post
Just bought a challenge diffuser and it does not fit with my meisterschaft exhaust. Mind u i have the super GT. From what i have gathered it seems most people with meisterschafts either dont run diffusers because of the clearance or the sunken look.
Can you please elaborate? Are you saying hat there is not enough gap vertically between the OEM bumper and the Meisterschaft exhaust so when you put in a diffuser it touches?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #25
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Can you please elaborate? Are you saying hat there is not enough gap vertically between the OEM bumper and the Meisterschaft exhaust so when you put in a diffuser it touches?

Thanks.
These are photos I took of my exhaust and as you can see the room between my bumper and my exhaust is very small. What I am saying is that I can not fit the challenge diffuser into that space at all. I shouldn't have to drop my exhaust to have to install this diffuser. The problem I face is I have to modify my exhaust hangers drop it to give it enough clearance. However this still might not work... The other route I might go is to sell my exhaust or the diffuser. Not an ideal situation nonetheless. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #26
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
These are photos I took of my exhaust and as you can see the room between my bumper and my exhaust is very small. What I am saying is that I can not fit the challenge diffuser into that space at all. I shouldn't have to drop my exhaust to have to install this diffuser. The problem I face is I have to modify my exhaust hangers drop it to give it enough clearance. However this still might not work... The other route I might go is to sell my exhaust or the diffuser. Not an ideal situation nonetheless. Hope this helps.
Thanks am wondering if the tips are thicker on the super GT. Can you confirm? And is yours a E90 or a E92?

Anyone else have similar issues on their GT with running a diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #27
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep

The tips are 4x83mm. I believe all of meistershafts tips are that. I have an e92 for the record.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #28
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The tips are 4x83mm. I believe all of meistershafts tips are that. I have an e92 for the record.
Look at the third video in this thread. Seems to work fine with a diffuser.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...chaft+diffuser

Also look at the pictures in this thread. Most of them are running diffusers. Seems fine. I am in the process of ordering the exhaust and really need to confirm this

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...chaft+diffuser
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #29
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep

I dont know what to tell you. Im the oddball with the super gt. I cant vouch for any other type of exhaust. Maybe someone else can chime in. I just know in my situation it will not work. I dont want to steer you in the wrong direction. Sorry i couldnt be of more help.
Appreciate 0