BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

BPM

08-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

BMW PERFORMANCE exhaust

Hello.
hoping to find someone in the boca to west palm area that has the BMW PERFORMANCE exhaust installed.
Would be great to meet for coffee. I'd love to hear it in person before i place order.
I've had several setups before and now stock with challenge street X pipe.
Hoping performance exhaust might be the one to get for my tastes.
Looking forward to your responses.
thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
loflier
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP DCT E92 2005 4Runner

I've heard it a few times. Great sound. Not sure it's worth the money. Performance/sound vs. money spent ratio isn't great. Better exhaust out there for significantly less money. No dealer has it set up already on a car on the lot? I am sure they'd let you rev it up to hear it if you don't find someone local.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
edu09
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2, 2022 GT3, 2022 SF90

Garage List
2022 FERRARI SF90  [10.00]
2024 BMW  [10.00]
2022 PORSCHE 992 GT3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD View Post
Hello.
hoping to find someone in the boca to west palm area that has the BMW PERFORMANCE exhaust installed.
Would be great to meet for coffee. I'd love to hear it in person before i place order.
thank you.
I had the BMW performance installed in my car previous to my current akra evo set up, the sound was great but when I tried to pair it with an x-pipe it became extremely raspy, first I tried to pair it with a Borla x-pipe and then with a Challenge street, both sounded terrible
      08-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loflier View Post
I've heard it a few times. Great sound. Not sure it's worth the money. Performance/sound vs. money spent ratio isn't great. Better exhaust out there for significantly less money. No dealer has it set up already on a car on the lot? I am sure they'd let you rev it up to hear it if you don't find someone local.
Yes, it is quite expensive. But so was the Dinan I bought. Just esthetically, the Dinan felt overpriced 400%. Did sound good in full catless setup.
At least the BMW looks the part.
As for performance/sound. This is simply an aural mod for me. I did a full Dinan catless setup and I definitely noticed power increase. Nothing like the power increase of a chip to a 335. So I only missed the additional power for a couple weeks after taking off Dinan and then back to normal.
They had an e92 with performance exhaust at the dealer in Braman a while back. They started it up for a minute only. But it was indoors.
Too little time to gauge sound and that was just sitting still. I want driving impression of the car in cabin.

Last edited by DMD; 08-05-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu09 View Post
I had the BMW performance installed in my car previous to my current akra evo set up, the sound was great but when I tried to pair it with an x-pipe it became extremely raspy, first I tried to pair it with a Borla x-pipe and then with a Challenge street, both sounded terrible
I'd already tried few combinations.
Agency power rear section only.
Agency power and challenge street x pipe.
Dinan only.
Dinan with Challenge
Dinan with Dinan catless.

Each one had its merits.

But after all that time and money spent, I found that I was happier overall with the challenge x pipe and stock muffler.

At least from inside the cabin.

Drone wasn't an issue with Dinan. In full setup, it was sounding like a track car, which i loved, except its my daily driver....etc. Oh the fumes weren't bad, but was much better after taking it off and not dealing with fumes.
Dinan full setup was a bit touchy. Very lighty throttle and it kept quiet. Any application of throttle and it woke up and filled the cabin with noise.

Agency power setup with challenge was amazing. Couple of my friend with C63s, one with headers thought my car was a Maserati was I was pulling up to a restaurant. Loved the sound.

It was the "boom" inside the cabin when leaving a red light.

Started bothering me, especially if I have someone in the car. I became much more aware of it.

So hoping this BMW PERFORMANCE rear section would do the trick on its own and be dynamic enough in the rev range to not make me want to add an x pipe.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 FS EDITION

Garage List
I am in Parkland. I replaced the stock exhaust right away for the BMW M Performance Exhaust to make it the total E92 M3 package. I researched every possible exhaust in the market and this was the best fit for the e92 M3for all the right reasons = oem and perfect balance sound, no drone.

I previously owned an e60 M5 with SS race-performance exhaust with X-pipe, and the M Performance exhaust is AS addictive as that one....and believe me it does not get much better than the S85 V10 engine sound...

PM if you like to meet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD View Post
Hello.
thank you.

PREVIOUS M CARS - 02 E39 M5 / 06 E60 M5 / F10 M5 6MT 14 991 C2S
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEOF40 FS M3 View Post
I am in Parkland. I replaced the stock exhaust right away for the BMW M Performance Exhaust to make it the total E92 M3 package. I researched every possible exhaust in the market and this was the best fit for the e92 M3for all the right reasons = oem and perfect balance sound, no drone.

I previously owned an e60 M5 with SS race-performance exhaust with X-pipe, and the M Performance exhaust is AS addictive as that one....and believe me it does not get much better than the S85 V10 engine sound...

PM if you like to meet...
sent you a PM.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e90 M3's

electric exhaust cutouts on stock muffler. WIN
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I have the M Perf. Exhaust on my E90 and am in the WPB/Boca area, if you're interested in hearing the exhaust. The only caveat is that I'd have to wait until early Sept. because I have family visiting through the end of Aug.

IMO, the car should have come with the exuahust from the factory. I've owned a C63, which I believe had the best factory exhaust system out there. The M Perf. makes the M3 very comparable in terms of sound volume and aural excitement - it completes the M3 package. It is costly but it will bolt up perfectly in less than one hour.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantarM3 View Post
I have the M Perf. Exhaust on my E90 and am in the WPB/Boca area, if you're interested in hearing the exhaust. The only caveat is that I'd have to wait until early Sept. because I have family visiting through the end of Aug.

IMO, the car should have come with the exuahust from the factory. I've owned a C63, which I believe had the best factory exhaust system out there. The M Perf. makes the M3 very comparable in terms of sound volume and aural excitement - it completes the M3 package. It is costly but it will bolt up perfectly in less than one hour.
Thanks for the response.
Sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0