BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

06-22-2016, 01:26 AM   #1
///MPower15
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Talking Review: Trinity Autosport Carbon Front Lip and Sideskirts

Time to do a long overdue review of the Trinity Autosport front lip and side skirts.

Huge shoutout to Joe from Trinity Autosport for being an awesome guy. He was really helpful and answered all of my dumb questions. If you are interested in either one of these items PM me and I can get you a great deal.

First of all, both parts came packaged very well. Everything was safe and secure, no damages anywhere. Carbon weave is flawless, not a single defect anywhere on the lip and side skirts.

Something to note though, they are not full carbon, the underneath of the lip and the parts that go under car for the side skirts are FRP. Once mounted on the car, you can not tell that it's not completely carbon, so this does not bother me at all. I actually like that the underside of the lip is FRP so I don't have to worry about it cracking when I scrape.

Fitment is really spot on for both. Any misalignment or gaps are completely installer error on my part, but I think I got them to fit 9/10. This was my first time installing a lip or side skirts so someone with more experience can definitely get a 10/10 fitment.

The front lip is really perfect. It is very similar to the OEM GTS lip, but it extends all the way to the end of the bumper. I love that part about it, I think the GTS lip looks incomplete because it ends too soon. The lip also does not lower the front end too much since it points straight out. I get compliments on the lip all the time and guys asking me what brand it is. I compared it directly to my friends Mode Carbon lip and we both agreed mine was more sturdy and better looking. Definitely my favorite piece on the car, I really have no complaints about it.

On to the side skirts. Thanks to dj_dub for giving me a hand to install these. I love everything about the way these look. Fitment was perfect, carbon weave is nice a clean, and it really changes the look of the car. My only complaint it that none of the oem holes line up with these, so you have to drill new holes into your side skirts. This was kind of painful, but just 5 screws each side and 3m tape going all the way down was needed for a secure fit. Compared these dirctly to dj_dub's forcewerkz side skirts and I like the shape of these more. It's a little more aggressive looking. All in all I'm really happy with them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F10 M5

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 11:19 AM   #3
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Any pics of the skirt splitters before install?

Checked on Trinity site & they only have installed pics also

I want a set for M3 rep side skirts - the formed style splitters out there that follow the contours of the skirts supposedly don't fit the rep skirts - but if these are flat I can't see why they wouldn't fit...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 11:39 AM   #4
///MPower15
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Any pics of the skirt splitters before install?

Checked on Trinity site & they only have installed pics also

I want a set for M3 rep side skirts - the formed style splitters out there that follow the contours of the skirts supposedly don't fit the rep skirts - but if these are flat I can't see why they wouldn't fit...
Sorry I did not take any pictures before installing them.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
e90///M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

wow! car looks beautiful with the aero pieces. just curious, why would you think this lip is more sturdy compared to modecarbon?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 10:16 PM   #6
///MPower15
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90///M3 View Post
wow! car looks beautiful with the aero pieces. just curious, why would you think this lip is more sturdy compared to modecarbon?
Maybe sturdy is the wrong word. It is kind of hard to explain, but it felt more solid compared to the modecarbon. Both have great build quality, but when put next to each other I don't see why the modecarbon is more than double the price.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #7
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
My pleasure dude! ...it was fun. I might have to hit you up soon for a hookup on that lip, might have to change the look soon on my car!

I can also say that the fitment and finish on both the lip and side skirt extensions are also very good after seeing them in person. Anyone considering these should buy with confidence.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #8
///MPower15
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
My pleasure dude! ...it was fun. I might have to hit you up soon for a hookup on that lip, might have to change the look soon on my car!

I can also say that the fitment and finish on both the lip and side skirt extensions are also very good after seeing them in person. Anyone considering these should buy with confidence.
Thanks again bro! You don't have to change anything on your car its perfect already
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 05:52 PM   #9
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPower15 View Post
Thanks again bro! You don't have to change anything on your car its perfect already
Are you lowered?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 06:35 PM   #10
///MPower15
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opihi5 View Post
Are you lowered?
Stock ZCP height.
Appreciate 0