BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

11-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #23
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Drive North not a single drop of rain over Boca
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

That'a boy. Orange reflectors and a supercharger. My kind of guy. You know what's important..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #25
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

WOW!!! Everyone with an M3 should experience what just rolled off that truck! I've been out driving it for an hour and the only reason I came home is because the 3 year old had to go to bed!

Holy cow this is amazing power! Its raining outside but I had to drive it, I called all my friends and asked around the county and if you know Florida weather it could be a down pour on one side of your house and sunny on the other. Well it was dry on the other side of the county so I set out. While I was driving in the rain I "goosed it" a little while rolling in second and weeeeee! spin of course. But, when I got to the dry area of the county and drove around for a while, I was crawling out of a stop sign and then rolled in to second and foot to floor and WEEEEEEEE, I'm definitely buying some R888s or similar. i have the stock PS2s on at the moment but. Going to pop on the DPEs and 305s later this week once I burn up the rubber on these. We'll see how that works out.

Anyway, I'll post vids later. I've gotta go sit in the car again, then detail it. It's FILTHY from the trip! I was thinking while I was driving in the rain, it's ironic, the ONLY other time this car saw rain was the day I drove it home from the dealership. Now I'm driving it home in the rain again, and it does feel like a brand new car once again! LOVE the kit, if anyone is considering supercharging, I highly recommend doing it right away! I should have done this 8800 miles ago...my car has 10k miles

And I highly recommend Gintani! The staff and crew are awesome and super helpful, any time I had a question about the car. Even if it was in the late evening. Give them a call and sign up!

Ry

*SOLD 3/2012 *2009 AW 6MT E92 M3 Gintani S/C Stage 2+ 606 WHP, 392TQ SAE Dynojet 93 Pump, Gintani cat-less x-pipe, Gintani Race rear.
DPE SP-C16 20x9F, 20x10.5R Toyo T1R 255/30/20F 305/25/20R
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #26
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryboy98 View Post
WOW!!! Everyone with an M3 should experience what just rolled off that truck! I've been out driving it for an hour and the only reason I came home is because the 3 year old had to go to bed!

Holy cow this is amazing power! Its raining outside but I had to drive it, I called all my friends and asked around the county and if you know Florida weather it could be a down pour on one side of your house and sunny on the other. Well it was dry on the other side of the county so I set out. While I was driving in the rain I "goosed it" a little while rolling in second and weeeeee! spin of course. But, when I got to the dry area of the county and drove around for a while, I was crawling out of a stop sign and then rolled in to second and foot to floor and WEEEEEEEE, I'm definitely buying some R888s or similar. i have the stock PS2s on at the moment but. Going to pop on the DPEs and 305s later this week once I burn up the rubber on these. We'll see how that works out.

Anyway, I'll post vids later. I've gotta go sit in the car again, then detail it. It's FILTHY from the trip! I was thinking while I was driving in the rain, it's ironic, the ONLY other time this car saw rain was the day I drove it home from the dealership. Now I'm driving it home in the rain again, and it does feel like a brand new car once again! LOVE the kit, if anyone is considering supercharging, I highly recommend doing it right away! I should have done this 8800 miles ago...my car has 10k miles

And I highly recommend Gintani! The staff and crew are awesome and super helpful, any time I had a question about the car. Even if it was in the late evening. Give them a call and sign up!

Ry
congrats!

I told u you needed R888

have fun and make lots of vids PLEASE!!!!

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #27
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

In for more feedback.. you seem super excited man! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #28
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Warning!!! Be extra careful in the rain!

You can get wheelspin when it is dry and even more when its wet! It will dry out soon so you can really hammer it!

Some 305's will be in order for sure!

Looking forward to more feedback and impressions once it dries out!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #29
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
Warning!!! Be extra careful in the rain!

You can get wheelspin when it is dry and even more when its wet! It will dry out soon so you can really hammer it!

Some 305's will be in order for sure!

Looking forward to more feedback and impressions once it dries out!
Ok, first day update. I've been thoroughly enjoying this kit, again if anyone is thinking about s/c go for it! No need to wait, even if you don't want the 2+ kit, anything over stock is going to make your car feel like a brand new car again!

The stock ps2s are a joke, I cannot even give it 3/4 throttle in 1,2,3. If I do it's like reving the engine in neutral. Lol I was drifting around my buddies parking lot this afternoon, effortless now with the power. Even in m-dynamic it will get sideways a bit in second if you're trying to hammer up the road. If dsc is off, it's just ridiculous with these tires. But seriously, just absolutely awesome power with this kit but it is so predictable it's incredible! Very happy and satisfied beyond my expectations!

I did have HR sport springs installed by Gintani as well and I'm very happy with them with the edc. IMO it feels quite close to stock. I actually forgot I had them installed until I unloaded the car of all the stock parts that were in there and saw the stock springs. It definitely helps the stance and overall look of the car.

Drivability of the drivetrain is really smooth, no bucking or dips in power, again very predictable! Really feels like I'm Fred Flintstone with Superman's feet. So absolutely in control of the power and road especially with the 6MT! I can't wait to get some rubber that will actually grip the ground.

I have the Gintani catless x-pipe with 2 resonators and race exhaust. It is not as loud as I was expecting inside the car, I've done some sound deadening before it went to Gintani, I'll do a write up on that when I'm finished. When done the weight added from sound deadening will be less than 35lbs. But, outside the car! Omg I had a friend of mine hear me take off from across a busy highway while he was in his shop and he called me and made me come back to see what I had done. He's the one with the big open parking lot. Exhaust note is just awesome, videos do not do it justice.

I'll be glad to demo the car for those in the area, we just have to make arrangements to hook up. I'm looking to get some R888s for my stock 19s so if anyone can give me a deal, let me know.

Waiting on video and files from west coast, they are complying everything for me and are going to send via disc. I'll keep y'all updated.

Thanks all, go call Gintani and get s/c'd! You won't have one regret other than you waited so long.

*SOLD 3/2012 *2009 AW 6MT E92 M3 Gintani S/C Stage 2+ 606 WHP, 392TQ SAE Dynojet 93 Pump, Gintani cat-less x-pipe, Gintani Race rear.

Last edited by Ryboy98; 11-17-2010 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #30
phusion974
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: OE Tuned C63

Quote:
Ok, first day update. I've been thoroughly enjoying this kit, again if anyone is thinking about s/c go for it! No need to wait, even if you don't want the 2+ kit, anything over stock is going to make your car feel like a brand new car again!

The stock ps2s are a joke, I cannot even give it 3/4 throttle in 1,2,3. If I do it's like reving the engine in neutral. Lol I was drifting around my buddies parking lot this afternoon, effortless now with the power. Even in m-dynamic it will get sideways a bit in second if you're trying to hammer up the road. If dsc is off, it's just ridiculous with these tires. But seriously, just absolutely awesome power with this kit but it is so predictable it's incredible! Very happy and satisfied beyond my expectations!

I did have HR sport springs installed by Gintani as well and I'm very happy with them with the edc. IMO it feels quite close to stock. I actually forgot I had them installed until I unloaded the car of all the stock parts that were in there and saw the stock springs. It definitely helps the stance and overall look of the car.

Drivability of the drivetrain is really smooth, no bucking or dips in power, again very predictable! Really feels like I'm Fred Flintstone with Superman's feet. So absolutely in control of the power and road especially with the 6MT! I can't wait to get some rubber that will actually grip the ground.

I have the Gintani catless x-pipe with 2 resonators and race exhaust. It is not as loud as I was expecting inside the car, I've done some sound deadening before it went to Gintani, I'll do a write up on that when I'm finished. When done the weight added from sound deadening will be less than 35lbs. But, outside the car! Omg I had a friend of mine hear me take off from across a busy highway while he was in his shop and he called me and made me come back to see what I had done. He's the one with the big open parking lot. Exhaust note is just awesome, videos do not do it justice.

I'll be glad to demo the car for those in the area, we just have to make arrangements to hook up. I'm looking to get some R888s for my stock 19s so if anyone can give me a deal, let me know.

Waiting on video and files from west coast, they are complying everything for me and are going to send via disc. I'll keep y'all updated.

Thanks all, go call Gintani and get s/c'd! You won't have one regret other than you waited so long.
Im Jealous! Haha Enjoy your new MONSTER.
I agree with the sound, It sounds unbelievable!!!!
I have a new found respect for the work Gintani does and the products they make. Especially after seeing your M3 in person.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #31
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep

Just realized that they put print outs of the dyno graphs in my glove box!!! I'll get ten tonight some how, my scanner hasn't been working well lately. But if I have to I'll take pictures and post them until I can get good scans.

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #32
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep

graph added to original post, see first page.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ryboy98; 11-19-2010 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #33
atalladega
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:

Anyway, please enjoy. If you are considering a S/C setup I HIGHLY recommend the guys at Gintani! And thanks again to Alex@alpine for hooking me up with these guys! Alex hooked me up with my DPE wheels then put me in touch with Brian at Gintani. Thanks bro! And thanks again for everyones help and comments.

I'm so dumb, I looked in the glovebox today and saw some papers. Looked at them and the dyno graphs were sitting in my hands. So I just scanned the Dynojet graph and added it below the video. I'll post more drivability updates from the second day later. I'm beat just wanted to get this up. I'll edit the video later. Thanks Enjoy
Ry

You're happy with this kit? I've been looking at the pics and video (nice btw) and this thing sounds incredibly loud! I can't deal with that everyday. Do you know if this kit can be run with the stock exhaust? I need a little more out of the car now. Did you look at other kits? And how long total did it take? Thanks BTW, Awesome car! I love it! 606! FTW!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 02:53 AM   #34
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

dyno graph looks perfecto
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #35
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

How much WHP without the Meth?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #36
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atalladega View Post
You're happy with this kit? I've been looking at the pics and video (nice btw) and this thing sounds incredibly loud! I can't deal with that everyday. Do you know if this kit can be run with the stock exhaust? I need a little more out of the car now. Did you look at other kits? And how long total did it take? Thanks BTW, Awesome car! I love it! 606! FTW!
Extremely happy! It's not as loud as you think inside my car...outside... that's another story.

I'm not sure if you would be able to run the 2+ kit with the stock exhaust. And of course you would not see these type of numbers with that exhaust. But then again you don't have to get the stage 2+, there's 1 and 2 that make good gains.

They had my car for 2 weeks but, I told them to wait for the new designed intake tunnel that was supposed to come in and that took a week. Then they also had to wait for the dyno room to become functional and also they were working around construction crews. I didn't mind sending my car there because I wanted the custom dyno tuning on the car. Jeremy of OE did an amazing job as the numbers show. I know each car is different, exhaust systems are different. So many different variables on everyone's cars and I wanted a tune specifically for my car and setup. Quite happy with the overall experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD View Post
dyno graph looks perfecto
Thanks... man! I couldn't agree more. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
The kit is not setup to run without the meth. The h2o/meth is used for cooling to run more boost. Not like nos for the chemical rxn to produce power directly. Mikewads nos s/c m3 is awesome check for him this sub-section. Two cool ways to get lots of power. Lol no pun int.

Oh and BTW, first kill yesterday, a twin turbo Mustang That was fun, even spinning in second and into third he pulled forward but I pulled him in like he was on a fishing rod but fast! haha. I need sticky rubber. :P

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #37
Raz@Gintani
Rep
Drives: E92- MR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
We have the stage 1 and 2 which do not use Meth. These numbers are conservative.

Stage 1 (5.5 PSI) 125 WHP 70 WTQ
Stage 2 (6.5 PSI) 145 WHP 90 WTQ
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #38
Sales@Gintani.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E92 M3

Quote:
Do you know if this kit can be run with the stock exhaust? I need a little more out of the car now.
Sure you could use the stock exhaust with the S/C. We had a customer (DJLS5) running our stage 2+ S/C on his car with the factory muffler and our Xpipe with HFC, and his car has one of the fastest 60-130 times at 7.01 (without Nitrous ).
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #39
atalladega
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com View Post
Sure you could use the stock exhaust with the S/C. We had a customer (DJLS5) running our stage 2+ S/C on his car with the factory muffler and our Xpipe with HFC, and his car has one of the fastest 60-130 times at 7.01 (without Nitrous ).
Cool, I didn't realize he had the stock exhaust.

Ryboy, What boost are you running? And have you had any issues so far?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #40
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

Must.. resist.. temptation..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #41
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart@AUTOcouture View Post
do it bart! then your car might be as cool as my m3 was! I mean you already got my rims! time for the blower!
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #42
Raz@Gintani
Rep
Drives: E92- MR M3

Quote:

He is running on 9lbs of Boost. And he will not run into any issues, except maybe buying new tires

Quote:
Bart, we should take care of this temptation, soon.. really soon
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #43
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz@Gintani View Post
Quote:

He is running on 9lbs of Boost. And he will not run into any issues, except maybe buying new tires

Quote:
Bart, we should take care of this temptation, soon.. really soon
Yup, 9psi of boost and until you stand on it or push it a little more it feels like stock.

Bart, talladega or anyone else thinking about doing this needs to pull the trigger right now! Call up Gintani and make ur appointment! No if ands or buts about it! This upgrade will absolutely be more fun and gratifying than any cosmetic changes you can make to your m. After s/c the cosmetic is just gravy on top!

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #44
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep

Had a weird request for video of no CEL... Anyway, if it will help anyone with their decision to go with the kit, I'm more than happy to oblige. If anyone has an itch, go ahead and scratch! It's the holiday season! What better gift to get than an extra 200+ ponies!

Also, talledega, I've had no issues at all other than I've been beating myself up over what to do about traction. I know I'm going to get some R888s I just don't know if I'm going to get 295/30/19 for the stock wheels and run a little fat. Or get some 18's and run 315/30/18s, of course my daily use will be my DPEs with 305s but IDK what the heck I want to do about traction for track or VBOX pulls.

Anyway here's the video... no cell... just a brake light bulb and low fuel. haha

Appreciate 0