Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
GavM3
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Looking For.......

Hi Guys,

Have just bought an M3 E92 in space grey and I'm looking at a couple of mods, anyone got any recommendations in mind for me?

One of the first things I would like to change is the exhaust so let me know if anyone has any recommendations and also if they have a used one for sale.

Thanks
Gav
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
markjord
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 2007 Jerez Black

Hi. Lots of threads on exhausts. I went for the Eisenmann Race after a fair bit of research. It's hard to make a decision based on YouTube vids but maybe you can get to hear some in person. I live in Northants. You can listen to mine. It looks good too (unlike the BMW one).
I have added spacers to make it look a bit meaner. 18mm front and 15 rear. Very happy with them.
Most essential is a black grill.
The angel eyes are a popular upgrade. I went with the cheap option - GP Thunders. Not all that bright but a much nicer colour than stock. Lux is the choice if you want to spend more.
That's my 2 cents worth
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavM3 View Post
Hi Guys,

Have just bought an M3 E92 in space grey and I'm looking at a couple of mods, anyone got any recommendations in mind for me?

One of the first things I would like to change is the exhaust so let me know if anyone has any recommendations and also if they have a used one for sale.

Thanks
Gav
Mods can be subjective and depends on your personal taste but grills and side gills are the most common thing that is changed.

With regards to exhaust how much do you want to spend? And of the youtube videos you can find (be it they are not the most representative of how they probably sound in real life) how loud do you want it, do you like it more bassy emphasised at low RPMs, or quiet up to 4000 then starts screaming to redline etc?

For a fraction of the cost you could do the OEM exhaust mod (either the covering perforated pipe method http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...em+exhaust+mod OR the straight through ACM method http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...em+exhaust+mod)
      06-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
ibanezking
Weekend Rockstar
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i have GP thunders 7500 or 8000K - i love them and for the very low cost - they're spot on and avoid all the errors and radio reception issues of LED's etc

i have a few spare(NEW) sets if you want some

Also i'm having my exhaust modded next week

i've heard one doen and its very nice and sporty but not anywhere near being silly

Also it DOES NOT drone - like alot of the aftermarket ones do.......... i tried a Milltek on mine last year and it was awful

you can have the OEM mod done for £130-£150

Max
      06-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
GavM3
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Hi guys thanks for all your feedback

I think ill look into getting the black grills and side grills first of all and also an exhaust mod.

Where do you guys get your OEM mod done for £130-£150
Appreciate 0