BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

10-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I forgot to get a physical inventory of the vinyl numbers on hand, and half way through assigning numbers, I realized I didn't have enough and had to go scour local office supply stores for them...And the 3" letters are the biggest I could find in quantity.

I planned the last A & B combined session for the end of the day, assuming a handful of students would have left. Otherwise we'd be looking at 27 cars on the relatively short course.

The heat was oppressive...man had I scheduled this on any day within a 10 day range before or after except the Sunday before, it would have been anywhere between 10-20 degrees cooler. I've only been to one event hotter than his, and that was Buttonwillow 3 years ago in the middle of June. But at that one I only had to instruct, not instruct AND wrangle cats.

Crazy hot weather, hope y'all had fun.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I forgot to get a physical inventory of the vinyl numbers on hand, and half way through assigning numbers, I realized I didn't have enough and had to go scour local office supply stores for them...And the 3" letters are the biggest I could find in quantity.

I planned the last A & B combined session for the end of the day, assuming a handful of students would have left. Otherwise we'd be looking at 27 cars on the relatively short course.

The heat was oppressive...man had I scheduled this on any day within a 10 day range before or after except the Sunday before, it would have been anywhere between 10-20 degrees cooler. I've only been to one event hotter than his, and that was Buttonwillow 3 years ago in the middle of June. But at that one I only had to instruct, not instruct AND wrangle cats.

Had a GREAT time. That Buttonwillow kicked my butt more for some reason- it was very hard to concentrate that weekend. We were checking the weather all week leading up to this event, and it kept saying Monday would be the hottest... and it was.
It was a lot of cars out there, but a few of us found a ton of open track after letting a few cars pass.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #25
Ti-Jean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
It was sure hot... I tried to stay in the room with air conditioning most of the time between sessions and that helped me manage the heat quite a bit Met some great people as an added bonus

This was my second school with the LA group and had a great time. My car, in the other hand, had a bit of a struggle with the heat... Had to pull back quite a few times due to the car overheating. Car is happily resting and recovering in the shade today.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #26
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-Jean View Post
It was sure hot... I tried to stay in the room with air conditioning most of the time between sessions and that helped me manage the heat quite a bit Met some great people as an added bonus

This was my second school with the LA group and had a great time. My car, in the other hand, had a bit of a struggle with the heat... Had to pull back quite a few times due to the car overheating. Car is happily resting and recovering in the shade today.
That's because you were going too damn FAST!!!.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0