BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
zsx_m
Rasp Addict
Rep
Drives: Moonstone M4

Anyone have Alcantara Centers?

I know I've seen at least a couple of people that modified their stock seats to have alcantara centers, but I'm having trouble finding those threads again..

I have a professional auto upholsterer in my area that did my friend's e46 M3 and they came out really great. I'm just worried about complications with sensors, etc.

Does anyone know the risks involved (if any) in performing surgery on the OEM seats?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsx_m View Post
I know I've seen at least a couple of people that modified their stock seats to have alcantara centers, but I'm having trouble finding those threads again..

I have a professional auto upholsterer in my area that did my friend's e46 M3 and they came out really great. I'm just worried about complications with sensors, etc.

Does anyone know the risks involved (if any) in performing surgery on the OEM seats?
Provided that the seats are disassembled and reassembled carefully and correctly, there shouldn't be any issues. Just swapping the centers won't affect the airbags, heaters (if equipped), or sensors at all. Don't start the car with the seats out or you will need to visit the dealer to clear the airbag code/light.
      11-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
zsx_m
Rasp Addict
Rep
Drives: Moonstone M4

Thanks for the response - would anyone know where to source a cloth material that would be close enough to work with fox red?
Appreciate 0