BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Roby84m
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ///M3 E92 ZCP

Finally 10,000km

Today I finally made it. I still remember the May 2010 like yesterday. It was a revelry to me and my friends who were waiting the car along with me. I decided to call her mail ordered bride because It's white and coming all the way from Germany. I was going on the internet everyday like a stalker to track the ship and some of my buddies thought that i was a cuckoo because of that. I even went to the auto port to see her and took some pictures. Finally she arrived home on the 28th of May 2010. I was so excited, so I called one of my best buddies took a cab and went to the dealership. Oh God It was the longest taxi ride ever. The driver was an old man and driving like a cow. Anyway we arrived there, signed the papers and everything and eventually I saw my baby and walked around her to check any possible damages. The guys at BMW wanted me to buy the service inclusive. At first I said no I won't drive it too rough. They all looked at me laughed historically(including my buddy) and sarcastically "sure sure you will drive it nice and slow". It's an M3 of course. Thus I decided to get it. While I was getting the paper works done my friend was collecting free stuff here and there such as leather cleaner, extra oil, touch up paint etc...I won't forget the first time I pressed the start button. I was turned on and started to smile cheek to cheek. After the instruction I was ready to roll but A little but nervous for some reason though. As soon as I left the dealership I pushed the gas pedal a bit harder than I was supposed to but the sound and the feel were orgasmic. My friend was like 'yeah right sure you drive this car nice and slow'. I had all the looks from random people that day. It made me feel good as much as it made me nervous. Fortunately I arrived home alive and safe without any trouble, took a nap because I couldn't sleep the night before. For the first couple days I couldn't stop smiling while I was driving. Even one of my friends put the camera while I was driving to record my emotions and mad me watch it. I wish I could find that footage. It was a priceless moment for me. One of my friends decided to make some videos first day I got the car. Guess what I got pulled over that night and my friend was video recording everything(
). Since I bought this car I have encountered some interesting and weird people. I remember this crazy old guy walked by me and asked me if he could take a picture with my car because his wife thinks he is a loser and he wanted to prove her he is not by showing this picture. I said alright even though his phone was old and the picture was blurry. So you couldn't tell what's what. First time I took her to car wash place a Chinese guy was washing his Honda. He complimented my car and gave me a free car detailer. I met some professional people too like this engineer who wanted to see the engine. We had a nice conversation and I took his card who knows I might need it someday. I was also in fun situations as well. Once I saw a Honda race bike. We were waiting on the red light side by side and bike took of quickly. I looked at my buddies face he looked at me and I almost floored and did a zigzag between two cars and passed the bike. We stopped at the next set of lights and the biker came and exactly used those words" wow that's a fast car..I thought it was just a regular 3 series'. I wish I had my video camera for these kind of events. But nothing can beat this one time I was driving around downtown with some friends at night. I doing maybe 70 in the 50 zone I don't remember exactly but for some reason somebody pressed the crosswalk button to pass across the street however I didn't see anyone even though my friends were yelling at me that there is a guy crossing the road. I realized this guy on a wheel chair wearing dark clothes about five meters before but I stopped smoothly but nobody was expecting that including the guy on the wheelchair. He was so scared he got up from his wheel chair not only he walked also he somewhat ran to save his life and dragged his wheelchair with him. That was the funniest moment I have ever had with the m3. We laughed hysterically in the end. Even the guy on the wheelchair guy was smiling after all. I think he is thankful that i made him walk. My friend told me that If it was his car the guy would be in hospital or dead by now.From that day I appreciated my breaks even more. Throughout my ownership of this car I met some other BMW drivers by coincidence whom I am good friends with recently. I went to drives with them. We called those rides "a**hole run" since we were five people driving five cars around the town like pricks time to time causing trouble(not really). We text each other sometimes say "let's go for an a**hole run". I met my girlfriend exactly 8 months ago. We celebrated it with pizza today and the car just hit 10000kms. I took her on a long and a nice ride on the night we met @ a birthday party. I met her when the car had 5000km. She didn't know much about cars until she met me. Now she knows more about the cars and more importantly she knows what the m3 is and what it stands for. Also she knows the differences between m3 and 3 series.YAY!!! She drove my couple times and she even washed it(
). At first she was so scared to drive but now she is getting used to it. I am sure I have more memories to tell after spending a year with the m3 but I don't wanna bore people if they are still reading this. In 16 days my mail order bride will be one year old. I still have that cheek to cheek smile and the excitement when i hit the M button. It's such an exhilarating car to drive.Compare to the other cars I have driven so far for some reason I feel more confident and cocky when I drive my M3. Maybe in the future I will keep this car for my kids If it's possible.

Thanks for reading it

This is a video my friend made for me

here are some random pictures of my one year old bride and her friends
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Hey Rob... Two things...first don't let your girlfriend wash your car . Second, you need to drive more if it took you a year to get to 10,000kms .

In all seriousness, glad you still love the car. Every time I see you in it, I just fall in love with my own again. You don't realize how nice the M3 looks until you see another one driving on the road.

We should really get everyone together this summer.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Roby84m
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thank you. Yeah definitely we should arrange a meet up this summer. I saw couple new E92 M3s on the streets I don't know if you have realized it. This one guy with SS II E92 M3 and another one IB e92 M3. I was in the dealership the other day. I heard you got a brand new JB M3 DCT. Congrats and I hope you like the DCT. Sorry to hear about the knee problem though. Hope It's not bothering you much. I also heard you got the ZCP. Welcome to the dark side I don't know how much of a difference it makes since I haven't driven the M3 with no ZCP. I really enjoy my car tho that's all it matters. I am glad seeing other M3s around the town. Oh I just remembered. Since you own JB I am the only one with AW here in Halifax (devil laugh). Yes you are right about the km btw I need to drive more. Oh well if you feel like for a meet up or going on a cruise to some places such as Peggy's Cove etc..please let me know. I would like to join. All the best to you and your family

Take care and see you

Rob
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
Bullet Blue
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Coupe w/ Sport Pkg

Hey Rob! Good times, eh. Let's do another meet up soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

nice post my gf has yet to drive my car...one day
      05-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
mrkbbd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 Mercedes E63AMG  [0.00]
2009 M3  [0.00]
Hey Rob, you may want to consider removing the one of you guys filming the officer, in some jurisdictions it's illegal to film the police without their knowledge / consent
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkbbd View Post
Hey Rob, you may want to consider removing the one of you guys filming the officer, in some jurisdictions it's illegal to film the police without their knowledge / consent
sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
      05-19-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
Roby84m
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks guys for the comments and feedback . I just read my post again. Sorry, It's full of mistakes. That's probably because I got so excited while I was writing the post and didn't realize what I was typing atm. Anyway, I want to arrange another meet up this summer however It has been raining for the past 10 days (no joking). The weather is slightly getting better though. So, it's time for another meet up soon. Let me know if anyone interested or has any suggestions. I've met some really nice people from previous meetings last year. I met all of them by coincidence at first. I went to the parking lot by the water front and then they all came one by one. It turned out to be a BMW fest. It was ridiculous. After a while random people came to check our cars. Hopefully this summer we will plan something together and meet some more new people as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #9
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

enjoy!

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #10
gN
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90 ZCP 6MT SSII

Nice videos, have been watching them for a while through Youtube
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 05:56 AM   #11
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Use small paragraphs/breaks, lulz.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 07:02 AM   #12
adanguy
Rep
Drives: awesome

Wow...thats a good one!!! You have a blast! I recently completely my 14k kms and happy about it
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #13
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

My X5M had 10,000 km (~6500 miles) back in April when I had it for four months.
Appreciate 0