BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

11-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #23
Rmitchell248
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Dude, you are in the bay area and you want to keep warm inside your car with heated seats?

Wow.
I think your tolerance to temperature is relative to where you live. I go to California at summer time and want to die because its over 29 degrees all the time. But the people there love it and say its nice. Today here it is 7 degrees outside with sun and I have on a short sleeve shirt and think it is nice.

So next summer when its 24 degrees here and I complain about my fill up because I can't sit in my nice cool car all of the California, Arizona and Nevada guys can bash me and tell me I am soft
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #24
flagger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhat View Post
Hi guys,
I am just curious if I am the only one affected by this, but here goes. When filling up on Gas, I usually use the gas lock so that it can continue to pump while I sit inside the car until it tops off. However, I notice with the M3, the gas lock disengages prior to fill up.
I have a similar problem with my car; however, it is not consistent. Seems to be more related to temperature. Although for you it may be related to the air polution seal around the nozzle (We don't have such things in West Virginia).

I find that by rotating the nozzle about 90 degrees (when the problem is occuring) it works fine. I have to hold it for about 10 seconds and then can put the nozzle back to its original orientation and use the lock. I have no idea what the issue is and have actually asked the question before on this forum, albeit several years ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #25
abehwang
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Hey guys,
I own a gas station and this happens to alot of people at our station
The reason is because air gets trapped inside the gas tank causing pressure as we pump in gasoline. The pressure stops the gas pump from pumping anymore gas. What you have to do is either angle your nozzle to allow air the exit while pumping in gas or wait a bit as the air equalizes

Fuelly :: Adelei's Gas Mileage
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #26
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

these are some first world problems
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #27
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abehwang View Post
Hey guys,
The reason is because air gets trapped inside the gas tank causing pressure as we pump in gasoline. The pressure stops the gas pump from pumping anymore gas. What you have to do is either angle your nozzle to allow air the exit while pumping in gas or wait a bit as the air equalizes
+100 ... ^^^ exactly what I pointed out see you can learn from an old dog

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #28
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Well I own 4 cars and my dad owns 5 I have not seen my dad in 6 months but I think I can still use his car count. So if anyone has any car questions let me know I should be able to set you straight. Also I really know my stuff when it comes to tires because between the two of us we have 36 tires not even counting spares or winter sets.
So tell me are you about 38KM from Keiserslauten, Germany? With all them cars are you and your dad in the car rental business?

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #29
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
these are some first world problems
Yes almost unbelievable problems Jay Leno should put this on PUMP TV on his late night show, have the gas station tanks filled with compressed air and ask the customers to pay for the air after telling them it's the new fuel of the 21st Century however, if they can dance 10 times around there car then the air is free

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #30
Rmitchell248
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Quote:
Well I own 4 cars and my dad owns 5 I have not seen my dad in 6 months but I think I can still use his car count. So if anyone has any car questions let me know I should be able to set you straight. Also I really know my stuff when it comes to tires because between the two of us we have 36 tires not even counting spares or winter sets.
So tell me are you about 38KM from Keiserslauten, Germany? With all them cars are you and your dad in the car rental business?
Hi Rolf. I just am into Cars it's in the Blood.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #31
Rmitchell248
Private
Germany
Rep

Sorry I didnt see your question. I am in district Kusel and close about 40km from Kaiserslautern.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #32
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

This has happened to me on multiple occasions at many different gas stations. It is annoying. Never had this problem on any other 3 series.
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #33
tlr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

As others have said, this happens with certain pumps (maybe 1 out of 20 for me). If it happens for you for all pumps then you should probably get it checked.
      11-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #34
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry I didnt see your question. I am in district Kusel and close about 40km from Kaiserslautern.
Thanks Mitchell, I am too into cars has always been in my blood. Will you add some Garages and show us some of your and your dad's cars? Bet quite a few of them are very special

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #35
Rmitchell248
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Quote:
Thanks Mitchell, I am too into cars has always been in my blood. Will you add some Garages and show us some of your and your dad's cars? Bet quite a few of them are very special

Rolf, I will be home from Brügge next week and will make a garage here in the forum. From my phone I cannot find the way to make one!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #36
captainbarky
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 m3

My tank fills up before I can set the pump lock.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #37
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abehwang View Post
Hey guys,
This actually does make sense, I always had to angle the nozzle and had no idea why. Thanks for the info!

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0