BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

10-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

Ordered the ADV 10s...Let the countdown begin

I know everyone is going to say I am crazy/I learn the hard way, but I have never had a problem with AA (except minor things that I am an*l about) so lets see.

I went by AA to get the new tune (1.5) last week and saw the ADV 5 spoke. I was also wondering if the renderings were a dream as they were so extreme but honestly they look damn close if not the same...from about a 35 degree angle the spokes just disappear!...they look real nice but I think on my e90 the 10 will look better (hopefully I am right).

I haven’t heard or seen anyone order these yet so I guess I will keep you guys posted on delivery time and paint quality.

I know everyone is talking about delivery time, certifications, etc but honestly these wheels are probably/are being manufactured by a larger American company that isn’t going to put out something that could potentially get them in legal trouble.

So let the countdown begin and please don’t disappoint AA!

I will post pics as soon as they arrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Good luck.
I just wouldn't buy anything that would benefit Jordan after the way he screwed so many people.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Good luck buddy.... Guess everyone found the guiney pig lol... u should have taken some pics of the wheels they had there. All the pics they post seem photochoped....
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Good luck.
I just wouldn't buy anything that would benefit Jordan after the way he screwed so many people.
This is another issue AA might run into. I know there r many ppl who dont care and dont know. But many ppl on this forum will not buy these wheels, even if they r absolutely perfect in every way for the simple fact that jordan will profit from these...... Dont know tho if the forum is big enough to hurt them financially. However, with all the forums knowing about this, that can deff hurt them...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Good luck.

I'm sure there is a 'special deal' going on here (between this guy and AA), since he was always defending/making excuses for 360 forged in the past...

No human being with a shred of common sense, would ever buy any wheel product from Jordan Swerdloff. (with his track record)

The thing that pisses me off the most, is that AA's involvement gives potential customers a false sense of security.

Jordan gets a 'credibility boost' that he certainly doesn't deserve. (after the hundreds of people he swindled at 360 forged)

The FACT is, AA can't offer you any protection whatsoever if Jordan decides to skip town. (again)

If he decides to walk away with your money, or refuses to warranty any wheel(s) with sub-standard build quality or finish issues...AA can't do a damn thing but beg him to fix the problem. AA does not have an ownership stake in ADV.1, so they can't effectively rectify the problem in any direct way. Period.

Some people will never learn...
      10-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post

I'm sure there is a 'special deal' going on here (between this guy and AA), since he was always defending/making excuses for 360 forged in the past...

No human being with a shred of common sense, would ever buy any wheel product from Jordan Swerdloff. (with his track record)

The thing that pisses me off the most, is that AA's involvement gives potential customers a false sense of security.

Jordan gets a 'credibility boost' that he certainly doesn't deserve. (after the hundreds of people he swindled at 360 forged)

The FACT is, AA can't offer you any protection whatsoever if Jordan decides to skip town. (again)

If he decides to walk away with your money, or refuses to warranty any wheel(s) with sub-standard build quality or finish issues...AA can't do a damn thing but beg him to fix the problem. AA does not have an ownership stake in ADV.1, so they can't effectively rectify the problem in any direct way. Period.

Actually, as the distributor, I would expect AA to step in and provide a refund if nothing is delivered. As the middle man in the deal, they are acting in the manufacturer's behalf as far as the customer goes. They can go fight it out with ADV behind the scenes but I would expect them to back their customers if that situation happens.
      10-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep

I am not gonna say I didn't defend 360 in the past, but it is because they never gave me a reason to. I don't disagree that they screwed a lot of people...I would be stupid to think that.

Now in regards to AA...they have never screwed me and as the distributor of these wheels I DO think they are accountable for the products they sell. That is the ONLY reason I went through with this.

Now I will admit I was wrong in one thing that came up on another thread...Jordan is involved with ADV and I apologize if I said he wasn't, but (from what I was told) he is not the owner he is in charge of the graphics/designs.

Bottom line is I may get screwed, but with AA behind them I am not the least bit worried that I would at least get a refund if I am not happy. So if we could get the thread back to my buying experience instead of what may or may not happen i would appreciate it. If I have a shitty experience I will express myself as I have on other threads.

No one is doing me a favor except the credit card that gave me money that isn't mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Actually, as the distributor, I would expect AA to step in and provide a refund if nothing is delivered. As the middle man in the deal, they are acting in the manufacturer's behalf as far as the customer goes. They can go fight it out with ADV behind the scenes but I would expect them to back their customers if that situation happens.
You obviously know the business well and I admittedly don't, but as the seller of the wheels, AA, is responsible for the delivery, warranty (even if they have to get someone else to fix it), etc.

If I go to a store and buy something and the company that produces that thing goes under they are still responsible for that product...at least that's the way I have always seen it happen
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
Lemans_Blue_M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
You see, this is what I as talking about earlier.

I understand what you are saying, but in this case that theory has zero merit.

Jordan has already won a small victory, by getting people to let their guard down. AA is not a cure all or savior here guys. Wake up and smell the coffee.

The 360 forged distributors had no direct way of resolving the hundreds of customer complaints that were generated by late delivery times or warranty issues. No distributor is going to simply refund your money just like that anyway...

Maybe as a LAST RESORT (after very long and protracted process), but that is certainly no guarantee.

All roads still lead to one person...Jordan Swerdloff.

Don't expect AA to simply reach in to their pocket and start handing out $5000 refunds (per order) like they are party favors. If everything blows up in their face, trust me, there asses are covered (legally) in regards to any liability. If Jordan decides to close the doors to ADV.1, and head for the Bahamas, don't expect AA to simply fix the mess he leaves behind.

Past behavior is good barometer to predicting future behavior.

Anything that comes up will ultimately handled by Jordan. (when or if he feels like it)

Now what has he done (since he left 360 forged in ruins) to deserve the benefit of the doubt here?

He has never owned up to the disaster that he created, so why anyone would be willing to give this guy yet ANOTHER chance to screw them over?

That mentality defies all logic. (after what has already transpired)

Jordan is probably laughing his ass off right about now.

He's using AA as 'front', knowing full well how many guys will incorrectly assume that everything is now "safe".

I'd be willing to bet that he's thinking:

"Wow, I guess there really is a sucker born every minute."

Last edited by Lemans_Blue_M; 10-02-2009 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
Lemans_Blue_M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34jlp View Post
You obviously know the business well and I admittedly don't, but as the seller of the wheels, AA, is responsible for the delivery, warranty (even if they have to get someone else to fix it), etc.

If I go to a store and buy something and the company that produces that thing goes under they are still responsible for that product...at least that's the way I have always seen it happen
This is incorrect, and it's a common misconception among consumers.

The product manufacturer has all liability in regards to the quality of any individual product sold. (not the distributor or retailer) The only exception to this rule, is when the distributor or retailer sells you an 'extended product warranty' of some kind, and they list there business as the primary warranty provider.

Then, and ONLY then, are you covered by that company.

Distributors are mearly a cog in the wheel. They bare NO direct liability in regards to the quality of any retail product. They also do not control any aspect of the manufacturing of that product. You still have to go through the original manufacturer to file a warranty coverage claim, or to seek a partial or full refund of the original purchase price. (if the product delivery date has come and gone)

You guys just don't understand how many outs these company's have over you in most cases. They wield all the power, and have deeper pockets than 99% of the general public. (to fight or deny you due process even if you have a valid claim)

Being careless with your money (by trusting the wrong people), usually comes back to haunt you later on...
      10-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #11
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

Dude, you should've just bought my Dymags.
WTF were you thinking?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #12
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD0977 View Post
WTF were you thinking?
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #13
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #14
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep

Quote:
WTF were you thinking?
I wish...too much $$$ for me...no doubt they are beautiful though.

To the real leman...i see what u are saying but i am pretty hard headed and sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt...i hope this time it does but i respect your opinion
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 04:22 AM   #15
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Best of luck. +1 on the dymags. At least that shit is LEGIT.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #16
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

My Grandfather always used to say: "If it looks like a wolf, acts like a wolf, howls like a wolf...it probably is a wolf."
      10-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
I wish...too much $$$ for me...no doubt they are beautiful though.
I was thinking used Dymag's would still be a lot more than these wheels.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by southlight; 10-03-2009 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: quote removed
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #18
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep

I was thinking used Dymag's would still be a lot more than these wheels.[/QUOTE]

Thats cause they are lol...almost double...if i had the money no doubt i would go for the dymags but unless i hit the powerball that isnt happening...but then again they would probably be going on a CGT then
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #19
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

I wish you the best.
I'm sure these wheels alone sell for $5000+....then tires & tpms is another $1500 atleast.

My point was, your stock 18's with tires and tpms= $1400 value
plus $7000 for my Dymags set with PS2 tires and TPMs and the Dymags set would have been yours. No waiting.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #20
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep

Quote:
I wish you the best.
I'm sure these wheels alone sell for $5000+....then tires & tpms is another $1500 atleast.

My point was, your stock 18's with tires and tpms= $1400 value
plus $7000 for my Dymags set with PS2 tires and TPMs and the Dymags set would have been yours. No waiting.

Good luck.
like i said i would love your dymags but i dont have that extra 2-3k (based off your 9500 asking price)...i cant justify spending that much on wheels no matter how much i love them
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #21
Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
I know everyone is going to say I am crazy/I learn the hard way, but I have never had a problem with AA (except minor things that I am an*l about) so lets see.

I went by AA to get the new tune (1.5) last week and saw the ADV 5 spoke. I was also wondering if the renderings were a dream as they were so extreme but honestly they look damn close if not the same...from about a 35 degree angle the spokes just disappear!...they look real nice but I think on my e90 the 10 will look better (hopefully I am right).

I haven’t heard or seen anyone order these yet so I guess I will keep you guys posted on delivery time and paint quality.

I know everyone is talking about delivery time, certifications, etc but honestly these wheels are probably/are being manufactured by a larger American company that isn’t going to put out something that could potentially get them in legal trouble.

So let the countdown begin and please don’t disappoint AA!

I will post pics as soon as they arrive.
Hey,

Thank you for the order. We will keep you updated through out the entire process. You will not be disappointed by these wheels and their quality.

Last edited by Jean@ActiveAutowerke; 10-04-2009 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #22
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

cant wait to see pics finally on an M3
how long were you told it would take until you have them on your car?
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0