BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

06-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #45
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
full coverage is not required if the car is paid off.
This is seriously painful week 4 u bro. I am really sorry. let me know if there is anything we can do to help. Even if my car is fully paid off, I would always carry full coverage as it would be cheaper to pay premium than to suck it up if something like this happens. Also what if someone hits u and they have no insurance. I am extremely sorry that this happened, but really glad u r okay.

Hit me up, if there is anything i can do to help.

Your right about not needing full coverage if the car is paid off, but .COME ON..REALLY? You had 55k+ in cash to buy a car but you didnt want to pay another $1000 or probably less a year for full coverage.
Poor decision...(even if it would have been $2000 more per year, still a bad decision)
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

Agreed even if your car is paid off, it makes it all the while more stupid not to pay the 200- 300 per month for full coverage. 300 is nothing especially when you have to write the whole car off!
      07-02-2009, 05:17 AM   #47
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
I'd look into the possibility of forking out the cash to fix it and then sell it,
better than losing everything

miene .02 cents
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #48
Mighty M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

I'll take a wild guess here. The OP is an uninsurable trust fund baby. Too many DUIs, speeding tickets, accidents, etc. Therefore collision only on the insurance. But mommy and daddy always believe its not his fault. It never is.

07-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #49
shocka1212
Philanthropist
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkellym3 View Post
does anyone in here know anything about selling my m3? its totally wrecked..i need to get it out.. i dont even know what runs... and my insure will not cover the damge i have caused... (cause i am not full coverage)
AYY DIOS MIO

The 2011 3-Series coupe offering the infamous "Harmon Kardon Badging"
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #50
BMWAdvisor
The Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: All the BMWs on the lot

You could wholesale it...that's my only suggestion if the car was not fully insured and you want to sell it as a "whole" rather than in pieces. Good luck and I'm glad you survived.

But, once again...BMW proves how safe ALL their cars are regardless of the situations.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #51
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Had to be a hydroplane situation because if DSC was on it is really nearly impossible to spin the car at low to moderate speeds. At the BMW PC they put you on the wet skidpad, and have you floor the car. It will NOT break loose no matter what.
Exactly...dude sorry for your loss. My advice.
1) If you didn't do the BMW M school or Performance Delivery or Drivers Skills course...take one of them before your next M purchase or with your delivery. The put you on a wet skid pad in 500+hp M5 and M6's and you go round and round for like 1/2 hr to 45mins just trying to break the car loose and control it when it does....not saying it may have saved your car but definately a skill I think is well learned after seeing your car post accident.

2.) Never ever drop full coverage especially on a $60k+ car! No matter what someone tells you unless its a clunker worth less than the deductible or you're insanely rich! Remember...Its not always what you do but what is or may be done to you by the other guy in this case mother nature that will leave you azz'd out of $$ eating pizza in the rain!

3) Get a quote and then maybe sell it for parts to use as a down payment on a new car. Hopefully you don't owe anything to the bank on the car otherwise if you're hosed and out some serious cash. Hope not. If so then man lesson leared...at least you walked away with both feet/legs/head attached. Lots of folks driving lesser cars would have likely gotten themselves an EMS ride to the nearest trauma center also!

Good luck
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #52
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

so anyone know what happened next?
hope all is well iwth him and things are sorted out. I get chills when i think about it.
Appreciate 0