BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM
Closed Thread

05-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #67
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpari09 View Post
Enjoy ur gtr and I'll enjoy my m3. I got a half mill in my bank account bro. If I wanted to show off I'd buy a porsche not a rice rocket.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #68
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Enjoy ur gtr and I'll enjoy my m3. I got a half mill in my bank account bro. If I wanted to show off I'd buy a porsche not a rice rocket.
LOL
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #69
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
As a matter of fact I do feel the same exact way when it comes to those cars. The only distinction I make between someone who drives an orange lambo and someone who drives a orange vette is that the guy with the lambo has money and the guy with the vette is a big time poser, but both r douche bags to the fullest degree. I for one love the understated look of my m3, I didn't buy it to show off and stand out. My car doesn't scream (hey look at me, I'm a douche bag with alot of money and I'm starving for attention). My car is subtle and understated just the way I like it. R u proud of yourself for buying a mustang and getting rid of ur m3? What, so you can tell ur friends that u can keep up or beat an m3 for half the price? Lol. In thr grand scheme of things Performance numbers mean very little to m3 owners. If it were all abou performance numbers than we all probably buy at gtr, a car that has no feel no soul but can run circles around an m3. Feel is key. The point I was trying to make, is why would you have bought an m3 in the first place if pure performance is what u are ultimately looking for. Getting used to the refinement and build quality of an m3 then going to a mustang or a vette? I mean seriously, why would anyone do that to themselves? You shouldve just bought the vette or the stang in the first place and not bothered with superiority.
There are so many quotes in this thread I didn't know where to start.

This one seemed good though . First off I would like to point out the Valencia Orange 1 series M coupe. Maybe people just like certain colors on cars? Oh and a ZR1 is a Corvette and guess what? Inferno Orange Metallic is certainly a color option. Seems to me someone driving a 120k car will indeed "have money".

There are a lot of other very stupid things said throughout the majority of this thread but I would like to focus on the OP.

OP awesome car! I got back from Ron Fellows Performance Driving School yesterday where I spent three days in a Z06 flying around that track. For me, it was an experience of a life time. It is truly amazing what those machines are capable of. The ride along with the instructors was absolutely awesome. If you ever want to see what your car is truly capable of, I highly recommend the program.

One thing I wanted to point out was the sheer durability of the Corvette. After 15 hot laps the oil temperature of the car I was driving (a Z06 in about 95 degree weather) rose about 4 degrees above normal operating temperature (if that).

Even more impressive was the fact that the same applied to the F/I ZR1. This appreciation stems from how ridiculously quickly my 2009 335i will heat up with a even tiny bit of spirited driving.

My Dad has owned both a Z06 and a ZR1 now and I was very hesitant about his decision to purchase such an expensive American made Chevrolet. After three days behind the wheel of the Z06 and the extremely fortunate experience of sitting passenger for two hot laps with the head instructor of the school going 100% in the ZR1, I can tell you right now Chevrolet is making truly amazing machines (BTW I can't remember if the 2009's have Michelins but if not, put them on that car!).

OP, feel free to PM me about the experience I had at the school if you are interested. I also noticed you have blacked out those awful orange indicators (sweet!) and I have some advice on a few other mods you may be interested in.

I hope you install the mild-to-wild exhaust switch!!!! Do not hesitate for one second about doing that. It is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #70
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

You sir, just sound like an absolute moron. "I got a half mill in my bank account bro" - sorry everyone, I just needed to quote it again. Please re-read this and try and think about how stupid you sound.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #71
wwjd15
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 MR

Quote:
I'm A STOoooPeedo
Don't worry sir. In the end of the day, you still have half mill in your bank account.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #72
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep

I did not imply that you were stupid, however, I was implying that your post sounded stupid. I apologize for my second post everyone. It seems to have gotten things off topic.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #73
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Huh?
Are you even trying to debate?
So everyone that owns a Porsche, Lambo, or Corvette is merely showing off?
And a GTR is nothing more than a soulless rice rocket?
And what does your bank account have to do with anything?

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #74
Vrrooom3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

I think it's funny how some people are so defensive over an M3 that they go nuts when there's any other car that beats it.

Since someone asked- I bought the M3 because it's an amazing machine. It's fun to drive, handles well, pretty quick and has all the creature comforts. And you can fit 2 people in the back seat. I thought this is what I wanted, but in the last 8 years, I've gone through 27 different vehicles. I like to experience everything, so the M3 was a step. Who knows, the Z06 may be as well or it may be a keeper!

I bought a Z06 because it has many more things that the M3 can't offer. I don't care what brand a car is, I'm looking for a car that looks amazing, is stupid fast (and I'll make it even faster) and handles like its on rails. Interior is fine on the Z06 too- like someone posted earlier, the 3LZ (or 4LT) comes with leather stitched interior. The Z06 does have nice interior, not the best, but nor is the M3. I also like being able to modify the car and not pay an arm and a leg. Hence why I didn't stick with the M3 or switch to a Porsche (although a 997 Turbo gets my vote any day).

As far as spending $120k on a vette being stupid, it's not any worse than spending $120k on any other car. $120k on a car is never in any sense considered 'smart'. But- we're all car buffs here (at least I hope so and not just buying these cars to show-off, which I'm starting to wonder about) so we spend money on what we like and enjoy. Different strokes for different folks.

All that being said- the Z06 is a car that any true car enthusiast should definitely own at some point in their life (if possible) or at least drive one. You have to "drive" the car and when you do, it'll never disappoint.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #75
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

Quote:
^ yes a lot of preparation-H needs to be handed out here
For you?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #76
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

hows the reliability of a new vette. my 84 vette totally and completely sucked. one problem after another. im sure the vettes today are nothing like that vette but its a chey you neer know.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #77
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
As a matter of fact I do feel the same exact way when it comes to those cars. The only distinction I make between someone who drives an orange lambo and someone who drives a orange vette is that the guy with the lambo has money and the guy with the vette is a big time poser, but both r douche bags to the fullest degree. I for one love the understated look of my m3, I didn't buy it to show off and stand out. My car doesn't scream (hey look at me, I'm a douche bag with alot of money and I'm starving for attention). My car is subtle and understated just the way I like it. R u proud of yourself for buying a mustang and getting rid of ur m3? What, so you can tell ur friends that u can keep up or beat an m3 for half the price? Lol. In thr grand scheme of things Performance numbers mean very little to m3 owners. If it were all abou performance numbers than we all probably buy at gtr, a car that has no feel no soul but can run circles around an m3. Feel is key. The point I was trying to make, is why would you have bought an m3 in the first place if pure performance is what u are ultimately looking for. Getting used to the refinement and build quality of an m3 then going to a mustang or a vette? I mean seriously, why would anyone do that to themselves? You shouldve just bought the vette or the stang in the first place and not bothered with superiority.
Dude, you are a joke a minute. So, anyone driving a yellow or orange car is a douchebag in your mind? Someone driving a Lambo has money and someone driving a Vette is a poseur...Are you mildly retarded? Do you even have a clue as to how long the Corvette has been in existence and it's sportcar heritage?

I'm glad you like your M3 and it's understated nature. It's the MAIN reason why I didn't buy another one after the E46 I had. Different strokes for different folks. Do you get it yet?

Pssst, I didn't buy a mustang, junior.

No, we all wouldn't buy a GTR if it was all about performance. I narrowed my search down to the GTR and the Grand Sport and went with the Grand Sport because TO ME it looks better, sounds better and I wanted a manual transmission (not taking anything at all away from the GTR...it is a fantastic piece of machinery). Not everyone wants what YOU think they want. Is any of this registering with you yet?

I think you would love a Lexus LS460. It's gutless, devoid of performance but it sure is loaded with build quality and refinement. You should go get yourself one.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but an E9xM3 is NOT superior to a C6 Corvette. I know that is a hard pill for a fanboi like yourself to swallow.

Last edited by alms211; 05-06-2011 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #78
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Lol ok u got me Mr Vette. What's so grand about your grand sport vette? Maybe the flimsy exterior panels or the interior that looks like it what put together by a class of 4th graders? Give me a break, what makes your statement about a c6 being better than an m3 fact? Lol what a freaking hypocryt.
Great retort.

Please quote me where I said the C6 Vette was SUPERIOR to an M3. I'll wait.

It "what" put together by a class of 4th graders? It sounds like you may be in 2nd grade yourself given your use of the english language
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #79
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Using my iPhone, mistakes happen, just like ur "GRAND" sport. Lol.
Still waiting on where I said the C6 was better than the M3.

Not a mistake. Pure enjoyment.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #80
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This is a forum where people can voice their opinions and have a little fun stirring the pot at the same time. So many princesses getting butt hurt, give me a break. Enjoy ur vette buddy, have a grand old time.
Voicing one's opinion is one thing.....which many on here have done a very nice job of. Then there are those like yourself that haven't a clue.

Enjoy waxing your roundel and M badge. Be sure to spend much time inside to get the full effect of the interior.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #81
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Dude, you are a joke a minute. So, anyone driving a yellow or orange car is a douchebag in your mind? Someone driving a Lambo has money and someone driving a Vette is a poseur...Are you mildly retarded? Do you even have a clue as to how long the Corvette has been in existence and it's sportcar heritage?

I'm glad you like your M3 and it's understated nature. It's the MAIN reason why I didn't buy another one after the E46 I had. Different strokes for different folks. Do you get it yet?

Pssst, I didn't buy a mustang, junior.

No, we all wouldn't buy a GTR if it was all about performance. I narrowed my search down to the GTR and the Grand Sport and went with the Grand Sport because TO ME it looks better, sounds better and I wanted a manual transmission (not taking anything at all away from the GTR...it is a fantastic piece of machinery). Not everyone wants what YOU think they want. Is any of this registering with you yet?

I think you would love a Lexus LS460. It's gutless, devoid of performance but it sure is loaded with build quality and refinement. You should go get yourself one.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but an E9xM3 is NOT superior to a C6 Corvette. I know that is a hard pill for a fanboi like yourself to swallow.
Does not say that the Vette is superior to the M3. It says the M3 is not superior to the Vette.

Did you fail English Comprehension class?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #82
haze gray
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe / 2011 X5

this an m3 forum or a corvette fanboy club?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #83
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze gray View Post
this an m3 forum or a corvette fanboy club?
pssssst, it's the "M3 vs" section of the M3 forum. There is much talk in this section about, well........other cars like Porsche, GTR, C63, Vette, et al.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #84
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I comprehend the English language just fine. Why don't u take ur vette for a drive and settle down., please by all means go and have a grand ole time. Lollll
Obviously you don't comprehend the English language "just fine". Otherwise I wouldn't have to waste my time correcting your misstatements.

Have a nice time in the Bimmer. Remember to pop the shirt collar and crank out the Brittany Spears boxset (j/k obviously as I've owned plenty of BMWs in the past and my wife still owns one).

Last edited by alms211; 05-06-2011 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #85
Wes Howell
www.facebook.com/weshowellcreative
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car

Anyone in a stock M3 on a track against a stock Z06 is hosed.
I've owned both and been on a track with both and the Z06 is a monster - no comparison. Added Trophy BBK and SC is going on next week (on my M3) - I think that levels the playing field somewhat - but stock vs stock... good luck to the m3. Get real. I would be surprised to find anyone that knows these cars and has tracked these cars to DREAM that an E92/E93 could hang stock. Z06 and ZR-1 offer supercar performance and the M3 does not. Just stating the facts.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #86
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60cs5 View Post
Anyone in a stock M3 on a track against a stock Z06 is hosed.
I've owned both and been on a track with both and the Z06 is a monster - no comparison. Added Trophy BBK and SC is going on next week (on my M3) - I think that levels the playing field somewhat - but stock vs stock... good luck to the m3. Get real. I would be surprised to find anyone that knows these cars and has tracked these cars to DREAM that an E92/E93 could hang stock. Z06 and ZR-1 offer supercar performance and the M3 does not. Just stating the facts.
I would like to add that the Grand Sport is a fantastic car on the track as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #87
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

would love to own a car like this one day..

Something full of power and completely RAW
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #88
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread