BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-15-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Post Help Identify This Magazine Plz

i remember awhile back in barns and nobles i saw a car magazine with a gemballa gt and a modified porsche gt1 style, pictured below, going 200 or 215mph +. i looked everywhere on the net and couldn't find the magazine. anyone lead me in the right direction or at least more info on the car and name of modifier?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Found this online, from July 2006:

Porsche is planning a Bugatti Veyron killer called the Porsche GT1. The announcement of the new GT1 comes shortly after Porsche announced the end of production for the Porsche Carrera GT.

The new Porsche GT1 will offer roughly 950 horsepower and will likely be based on the same chassis as the Porsche Carrera GT, except that it will have a solid roof coupe body instead of being a roadster. Despite having “only” 950 horses, the GT1 is expected to be lighter than the Veyron for better power to weight ratio. The Porsche Carrera GT weighs only 1380kg while the Veyron weighs 1887kg. The GT1 is expected to be around the same weight as the Carrera GT. Of course, it will likely have all wheel drive to put all those horses down to the ground so they can be usable for some good acceleration times. Top speed is expected to be 254mph (408 km/h), 2mph over the Veyron’s top speed of 252mph.

Try googling 'Porsche GT1'; I found a reference to GT1 and Autocar magazine, from Britain, but all of the print articles are not online. I'm guessing it's only in the print edition, from this magazine.

If you care to register, there may have been discussion of the article in their online forum:

http://www.myautocar.com/community/home.do

I found a reference to the article on Autospies:

http://www.autospies.com/news/Porsch...n-killer-6375/

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

wow thanks for the help man. much appreciated!!
Appreciate 0