BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

09-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #23
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Wow man, you really need to relax. The response you received was factual and far from critical and you respond by calling him an asshole? I back him up and you call me an asshole? You're going to make a lot of friends doing that...

There are roads and towns that are going to be missing from your nav system for various reasons. The systems were all loaded with the same information and the only input is music. You had already gone to the dealer to test a second car and achieved the same result. What type of further response were you looking for? You already had your answer which was "the road is not in the system."

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
strubiedo
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i, Alpine White

How was what he said factual? Hard-drive based systems get corrupted all the time. It's not like this was reading the data from a DVD.

Additionally, his question, asking why I would waste time going to the dealer was neither helpful to me or even remotely necessary. How does that help? He didn't ask why I would waste the forums time. And, I didn't demand someone help me out. I reached out for help. He had none to offer. If he didn't want to help, I've got no beef with that. I get that people are busy. But, what value was there in his response aside to satisfy his blatant inferiority complex? How did ANY of us benefit from that. Nor did your support of his comments, which lacked any cordial nature whatsoever, help the situation.

To me, that's the picture of an a**hole.

Fortunately, I've seen enough folks on here who ARE willing to help and not just criticize. So, you stay on your side of the park and I'll stay on mine. You've obviously got nothing of value to offer, at least as far as my
situation was concerned.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #25
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I've come across some overly sensitive people in my life but wow... enjoy your side of the park!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #26
strubiedo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I've come across some overly sensitive people in my life but wow... enjoy your side of the park!
I figured you wouldn't have a cogent response to what I wrote.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #27
CoolToolGuy
1er Happy Camper!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i,'07 X3

To sort of come back to the original question - You mentioned that the street is shown on the map, but you can't find it by name, yes? Have you tried driving on the street and looking at what the Nav display says about what street you're on? Perhaps it is some variation of 'S St. NW' or something.

My 2 cents, and effort to get this thread back on track. . .

Have Fun,
Rick
2009 135i (E82) Space Gray; Gray Leather; Steptronic w/paddles; Premium; Sport; CA - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU; Cold Air Intake; Oil Cooler; Susp. bushings; Strut Brace. - BMWPerf: Suspension; rotors front & rear; exhaust; grilles; sideskirts; trunk spoiler. BMW 261M wheels w/Sumitomo HTR ZIII. - Quaife: LSD. - Custom Graphics.
2007 X3 - 2002 Pontiac Montana
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #28
strubiedo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolToolGuy View Post
To sort of come back to the original question - You mentioned that the street is shown on the map, but you can't find it by name, yes? Have you tried driving on the street and looking at what the Nav display says about what street you're on? Perhaps it is some variation of 'S St. NW' or something.

My 2 cents, and effort to get this thread back on track. . .

Have Fun,
Rick
Hi Rick-

Thank you. I've fully confirmed that it is just simply missing from the data loaded on our vehicles. NavTeq has the street in their database. For whatever reason, it just didn't make it on to our systems. I've notified BMW Customer Relations and they too confirmed the omission.

But, again, thanks for trying to come up with a solution.

Have a nice evening!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread