BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

01-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
EliteM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Underseat sub upgrade enough?

Folks,

I have a trunk sub and technic's harness with the enhanced sound system. I no longer notice underseat bass.

I am wondering if there is an aftermarket underseat sub that is enough to warrant removing the trunk sub altogether and instead use the amp to drive the underseat subs.

I realize, enough is subjective, but for those that have trunk subs and upgraded underseat subs, do you have any feedback about my question?
      01-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteM3 View Post
Folks,

I have a trunk sub and technic's harness with the enhanced sound system. I no longer notice underseat bass.

I am wondering if there is an aftermarket underseat sub that is enough to warrant removing the trunk sub altogether and instead use the amp to drive the underseat subs.

I realize, enough is subjective, but for those that have trunk subs and upgraded underseat subs, do you have any feedback about my question?
No underseat woofer will make you forget a trunk sub. So be careful what you wish for.

What you can have is a pair of midbass woofers with a separate amp with some kind of Bass Boost. That will make the midbass be as authoritative as the sub, but at two different bands -sub and mid. The Bass Boost feature is for you to bump the midbass at the underseat woofers instead of messing with the sub level or the OEM bass adjustments (7-band EQ and bass settings).

That you will appreciate for sure.

A pair of Jehnerts XE200 and a RF P300-2 can do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
EliteM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Thanks Technic!
      01-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
AxisMagi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 Lemans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

What you can have is a pair of midbass woofers with a separate amp with some kind of Bass Boost. That will make the midbass be as authoritative as the sub, but at two different bands -sub and mid.
+!

This is what I did and it's an awesome setup! The mid bass subs under the seat bring the trunk sub forward onto the stage and add additional punch. Highly
recommend

~Axis
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
No underseat woofer will make you forget a trunk sub. So be careful what you wish for.

What you can have is a pair of midbass woofers with a separate amp with some kind of Bass Boost. That will make the midbass be as authoritative as the sub, but at two different bands -sub and mid. The Bass Boost feature is for you to bump the midbass at the underseat woofers instead of messing with the sub level or the OEM bass adjustments (7-band EQ and bass settings).

That you will appreciate for sure.

A pair of Jehnerts XE200 and a RF P300-2 can do the trick.
+1
Appreciate 0