BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

04-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw 11 View Post
It is your responsibility as the seller to make sure the part arrives to the buyer in the condition you stated it was in at the time of purchase.

Is this not true?

This is all bullshit Larry.
Actually NO

It is the sellers responsibility to packaged it well and drop it off.

It is up to the shipping carrier (in this case, UPS) to get the item to the location without damage.

Thus, it is NOT Larry's Responsibility and it never was.
You should be lucky that he even offered to help pay for the repair when you yourself just admitted that:
Quote:
The pipe was damaged by UPS.
Thus, you must make a claim with UPS and have them pay the $500

Larry should pay nothing. Absolutely nothing.
That is why you buy shipping insurance.

You are very irresponsible for making a thread like this and acting the way you have.

I have done numerous transactions on m3post, m3forum.net, ebay, craigslist, amazon etc etc.
You need to calm down and handle things professionally, not like kids in school (unless you are a kid in school... then I guess we can somewhat excuse it...maybe)

Good luck to both of you.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #24
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

^+1
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #25
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Actually NO

It is the sellers responsibility to packaged it well and drop it off.

It is up to the shipping carrier (in this case, UPS) to get the item to the location without damage.

Thus, it is NOT Larry's Responsibility and it never was.
You should be lucky that he even offered to help pay for the repair when you yourself just admitted that:

You are very irresponsible for making a thread like this and acting the way you have.

I have done numerous transactions on m3post, m3forum.net, ebay, craigslist, amazon etc etc.
You need to calm down and handle things professionally, not like kids in school (unless you are a kid in school... then I guess we can somewhat excuse it...maybe)

Good luck to both of you.
was shipping insurance purchased when shipped? If yes then make a claim! If no, was it offered to the buyer? if yes and buyer declined then the buyer is SOL, if no , then the seller is responsible that the item is delivered in the described condition...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda3ndp View Post
was shipping insurance purchased when shipped? If yes then make a claim! If no, was it offered to the buyer? if yes and buyer declined then the buyer is SOL, if no , then the seller is responsible that the item is delivered in the described condition...
According to the buyer:

Quote:
it was insured for 500 and I have had an issue with getting the mid pipe returned from a shop that wanted to repair it. They wanted to charge about 550 for shipping it back to me.
And according to the seller:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post

Again, I am sorry the midpipe was damaged in shipping but you never told me to file a claim with the shipping company either.

All of this being said I am still and have always been willing to help you out with the repairs. Please post up pictures of the repair receipt and the shipping receipt and I will help you out as I said from day one!!!
The buyer did not tell the seller to submit a claim..

I shipped a lip and a diffuser via FedEx to Canada and the lip was almost split in half.
I filed a claim with fedex and the buyer also filed a claim.
FedEx gave us the money so it was all done with.

I feel the buyer and seller should file with UPS and the seller does not need to pay anything.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #27
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Having been both a seller and buyer, I feel for both guys. Based on what I know of Biglare from this board, I bet this is a shipping issue and this whole matter is just bad communication.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #28
///M 4 Life
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 CP

Op - I know your super upset obviously about the pipe being bent but it really doesn't seem like Larry's fault? It really seems like the shippers fault and those are the people you should be fighting with right now. Your saying beware of biglare?? I have bought parts from Biglare (Larry) before and have been very happy with dealing with him the whole time and would deal with him again! I'm not taking sides but this whole issue that i Have followed from the beginning sounds 100% that you should be calling UPS and talking to their people to help you out with your problem. Like Forrest Gump says - "Shit Happens" sometimes you get unlucky? Sorry about it.

Luigi
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #29
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Why is biglare getting hammered over this? its not like he wrapped it in a bit of paper then shipped it... UPS needs to own up to this one..
      04-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #30
thai357sig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

It still isn't clear how the package arrived to you! If it was completely Eff'd up, you should not have accepted it. If the package is in pristine condition then you would know how that happened.

You're explanation regarding it being at shop getting it fixed, is it fixed already? Is that the reason for the charge of $550 incl shipping? I would of waited to resolve the issue before having it fixed. Also, did you take any picks of box and damage? That would be pretty good evidence!

Next time don't rush for action so much without thinking it through better.
      04-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #31
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Posts like this make me not want to sell anything on the net. Too much liability on the seller frankly. Even if you get shipping insurance the buyer is going to expect you (the seller) to work that out with UPS, etc. and that takes so much time you are often better just giving the guy his money back.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #32
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Why is biglare getting hammered over this? its not like he wrapped it in a bit of paper then shipped it... UPS needs to own up to this one..
Cause the OP is a new member who obviously hasn't dealt much online before...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #33
punksterz626
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Alpine White M3

i deal with UPS everyday...Here is what you need to do OP...

IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER TO FILE CLAIM. You can call it in, but the seller will need to do this. And i think Larry is willing to do so, if im not mistaken. The shipper is the one that needs to do this. If you pay wiht paypal, just make a claim, provide a tracking that you shipped it back and paypal will USUALLY protect the buyer. You get your refund, and seller gets the insurance file from UPS.
      04-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #34
Nexlevmm
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M

I think this dude just needs to calm down, sit back, relax, and have a big glass of Chill The Fuck Out. i've also learned never to call out respectable members of this forum, because they usually have no cause to ruin their own name on here.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #35
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyCSL View Post
I think this dude just needs to calm down, sit back, relax, and have a big glass of Chill The Fuck Out. i've also learned never to call out respectable members of this forum, because they usually have no cause to ruin their own name on here.
+ 1
I've met Larry a few times, we text here and there. He's a awesome guy. You can see he's a good soul and a honest guy.. OP needs to def CTFO.
      05-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #36
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

This issue has been resolved from the seller's side. I have reimbursed the buyer the amount of the repair estimate along with a little extra in the case it goes over the estimate. I feel that this is sufficient on my part as the seller. Diego, I hope the repairs all work out as expected from the estimate.

GTS
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #37
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Haha, so I guess what we learned from this thread is: Don't deal with ltw 11. He seems to think biglare's teleporter bent the pipe, what is a UPS?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #38
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Quote:
This issue has been resolved from the seller's side. I have reimbursed the buyer the amount of the repair estimate along with a little extra in the case it goes over the estimate. I feel that this is sufficient on my part as the seller. Diego, I hope the repairs all work out as expected from the estimate.
, sucks when new guys try to bring the veterans down, its always a fail. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 04:11 AM   #39
Bluechipper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Vert

Quote:

Well the shipping insurance should be enough to cover the full purchase price (in case it is lost, or damaged beyond repair).

I am guessing he paid more than $500 for the midpipe.
Quote:
Nice work.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 04:19 AM   #40
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Knowing Larry, he's a good guy that wouldn't try to rip someone off. It was clearly that UPS messed up the mid pipe. It was cool on biglare's part to reimburse the repair costs etc.

Glad to hear everything gets resolved.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #41
indohan
///MFEST DARK KNIGHT
Rep
Drives: JDM

Quote:
I paid 1,500 for a damaged E92 m3 Dinan Midpipe...

I purchased it from him in January of this year and it arrived damaged and unusable.
This deserve a retraction, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle S65B40 View Post
Sorry to hear. Thanks for informing us of this person. Inexcusable. Biglare if you read this speak the fock up and explain yourself.
Welcome to the BMW modifying community, newb.

Quote:
there are plenty of scammers these days :/
Looks like you acted just like what OP did, stating "plenty of scammers" without even doing any investigation.
I think you owe Larry an apology for that.
      05-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #42
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by indohan View Post
Looks like you acted just like what OP did, stating "plenty of scammers" without even doing any investigation.
I never specifically mentioned that it was Larry who did any scamming whatsoever.
Also, if you read my own posts, you can see that I was (in a way) on Larry's side as the seller (though I was overall neutral, but leaned towards Larry). I believe that was more input that the majority contributed.

Also, my "plenty of scammers" comment was due to the other in response to this section:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512149
Where a couple of us were having a discussion there
As well as what was discussed here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520838

A couple of us frequent the Review section (or people like me, who frequently ever freaking section...) so I guess it was my mistake for assuming others knew what I was referring too/what has been going on in this section recently.

IMHO, Larry did not need to refund any money until UPS gave him (the shipper) the $500 insurance. And in that case, $500 is all he should have offered the buyer. However, it is proven that he went beyond what was expected of him and came out on top better than many some paying vendors have on this forum. No one is perfect... but on isolated example:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525490

Anyways...I have a tendency to write paragraphs so I apologize for that...though I can't say "in advance" as you've probably already read it before getting to this apology

So I feel that you acted like the OP did, stating that I owe Larry an apology without even reading all the posts I myself made in this thread. (and if you did read all the posts, then I really don't understand your logic... but whatever)

This issue is settled so let's all just say Peace and

Last edited by persian54; 05-06-2011 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #43
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
stand-up seller right here... came through when you didn't even have to IMO. . Glad you got it worked out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indohan View Post
Actually, he doesn't. He never called Larry a scammer. He just stated that there are scammers out there. I know persian and has come out to a few meets. He's a cool guy and i think you read his post incorrectly. looks like you may owe persian an apology.
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #44
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
, sucks when new guys try to bring the veterans down, its always a fail. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
stand-up seller right here... came through when you didn't even have to IMO. . Glad you got it worked out though.

Actually, he doesn't. He never called Larry a scammer. He just stated that there are scammers out there. I know persian and has come out to a few meets. He's a cool guy and i think you read his post incorrectly. looks like you may owe persian an apology.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread