BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

02-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #265
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
This.

I was sitting in my car talking on the phone and some truck pulled up with an old heavyset couple and she got out and her door hit my gascap. She said nothing and walked off as though nothing happened.

I opened my door and said "excuse me" and her husband said it was a $20 fix. lol I was like thats no excuse. They apologized and said that I should not have a car like this in Maine. lol Locals I tell you.
you handled this better than I would... slashing all four tires or setting fire comes to mind. I kid.. I kid... but no really, I would blow their car up.... just kidding... not really... but seriously...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #266
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - E92 M3 - 335i vert

What amazes me more than the parking stories is that a page about parking your car has gone 13 pages long. A bit much don't you all think...

I had to look a few times to make sure I wasn't on the Ferrari or Lamborghini forum...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #267
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs View Post
I had to look a few times to make sure I wasn't on the Ferrari or Lamborghini forum...
For me, it doesn't matter what I drive. I am always careful and aware of where I park. I guess that goes with being a car enthusiast. I'll go out of my way to park a Camry in a spot where no one can ding it. It doesn't matter if the car is worth $5k or $100k.
      02-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #268
8_is_enough
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 GT3, 18 Macan GTS, 22 X540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
For me, it doesn't matter what I drive. I am always careful and aware of where I park. I guess that goes with being a car enthusiast. I'll go out of my way to park a Camry in a spot where no one can ding it. It doesn't matter if the car is worth $5k or $100k.
Same here, even with my daily. Surprised I haven't had a nervous breakdown yet living in SF
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #269
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
What you ought to do is leave a note on the cars on either side with their license plate number written and a note... "I kept a copy for me too. Now don't ding my car, or else" Then, sign it as the owner of the car on the other side of that driver, so you don't get rage keyings.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
lol i remember posting this but I'm not this insane anymore. I just park wherever I feel now, unless I know its a parking lot with a bad history of accidents (like my school).
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #270
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 S65

I personally park near the back of the lot at malls n def places like SAMs Club with all the carts, double parked last time I was there. At my job I ALWAYS double park near the back wall cause I don't know how these people think. Plus it's the only bimmer in the lot other than a x3 that's always in handicap. I park handicap when I have a sticker sometimes as well. In all honesty I think the more u let it eat at your mind it will happen, I'd rather forget about it and if it was to happen it's life? Your already in a great car so I understand but I'm not about to go crazy about it unless it's keyed or swiped badly. Hold my lock button, mirrors fold, and I'm out.
      02-13-2014, 06:55 AM   #271
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 S65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEEM3R
I usually park very far as well but when I don't have a choice and have to park in between cars, I write down the plate numbers of the cars around me so if the ding is excessive at least I'll know who did it. But nothing makes me happier seeing the same cars still parked next to me when I get back cause it shows that no doors were opened while I was gone :-)
This is paranormal activity at its finest lol, not to call you crazy or anything but never heard of such method. I know your set in your ways probably so I won't suggest much but instead of writing it down. JUST TAKE A PICTURE, it'll last longer