BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #23
abehwang
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
On '08s there's only one. And yes, as long as you leave one in there, pedal is pulled to the top. By the way, my Vette and GTO didn't have a spring to pull the clutch to the top, and I HATED that, but if you don't touch the pedal, nothing happens. Problem is ANY force on those clutch pedals mean wearing the TOB, and you might not even feel it.

Oh, and no need to drive the car when a limp pedal tells you exactly what the spring does and does not do . It's like arguing a diet pill is making you lose weight when the scale says otherwise (placebo effect is not reliable) . Take care.
I think we might be on a different page. I think what you're trying to say is that the spring I took out on my 08' contains only one spring (which is true) and the 09's + contains the double spring... but the other spring I was talking about refers to the one where it pulls the clutch pedal back to the original spot.
So there are two separate springs with two separate functions. One pulls the pedal up, the other helps and pulls the pedal down.
Pedal also isn't limp (so I don't know what you're talking about there, probably because you believed there is only one spring?) and springs back to the original spot.
Appreciate 0