BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

01-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Long Beach BMW - good spots available on wait list

Well they may just be trying to win my business from another dealer but I got a call from them yesterday. Spot #3 or #4 is available as well as spots higher than those. They did sell M5/6s at MSRP but forced you to take a LoJack plus some other lame non-factory option (so in essense it was not MSRP). I asked them to clarify MSRP as I would not move/place a deposit otherwise. The sales guy said he would get back to me but hasn't yet. Even if they do force a LoJack on you it should be a way to get a firt or second allocation and snag a new M3 very early on. I was suprised that any So. Cal dealers had spots this low. I hope this information can help a fellow board member get his/her baby sooner. Don't write back and shoot the messenger if LB BMW gives you a totally different message, it only means they lied, not me. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Well they may just be trying to win my business from another dealer but I got a call from them yesterday. Spot #3 or #4 is available as well as spots higher than those. They did sell M5/6s at MSRP but forced you to take a LoJack plus some other lame non-factory option (so in essense it was not MSRP). I asked them to clarify MSRP as I would not move/place a deposit otherwise. The sales guy said he would get back to me but hasn't yet. Even if they do force a LoJack on you it should be a way to get a firt or second allocation and snag a new M3 very early on. I was suprised that any So. Cal dealers had spots this low. I hope this information can help a fellow board member get his/her baby sooner. Don't write back and shoot the messenger if LB BMW gives you a totally different message, it only means they lied, not me. Good luck.
I'm actually a Forum Sponsor over at E90 post, and I stumbled on this thread. I will take orders for the M3 at MSRP. I'm in Internet Sales at Long Beach BMW.

Let me know who's interested guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 01:16 AM   #3
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
I'm actually a Forum Sponsor over at E90 post, and I stumbled on this thread. I will take orders for the M3 at MSRP. I'm in Internet Sales at Long Beach BMW.

Your welcome, Will! I'm sure my post got you some "mileage".
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:

I have a spot at your dealership but not through internet department. Is there a difference? Will there be markup or extra accessories if not?
I do recommend Long Beach BMW to anyone though because of courtesy sales and no pressure buying. Worth to check them out.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Taking deposits for 2009. We are assuming that if BMW gives us one a month we have the 2008 model year sold. Spot 13 is at MSRP just like 1-3 and 5-12 are (#4 is mine).
      01-28-2007, 03:22 AM   #6
Robert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david06M3 View Post
Taking deposits for 2009. We are assuming that if BMW gives us one a month we have the 2008 model year sold. Spot 13 is at MSRP just like 1-3 and 5-12 are (#4 is mine).
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #7
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down Inconsistency at LBBMW

Well Will in "Internet sales" may be good on his word to get you a new M3 at MSRP. Their other sales folks are not. I just concluded an e-mail exchange with a sales rep there trying to move me from where I have my deposit now. He informed me of the following:

-Spot #n is not really spot #n as the owner will take some cars for his purpose (meaning to drive, sell to his friends or family, etc.) .
-Those willing to pay over list will be able to jump spots in line (i.e. their spot #s mean jack sh%$ !) .
-Early M5/6s at LBBMW sold for $25k over MSRP and still today come with mandatory options as I mentioned above .
-He thought the Car Magazine article had "photos" of the car ... UGH!

Well I don't mean to crush anyones hope but it sounds like LBBMW is a place to stay away from if you want honesty, transparency and MSRP. I can PM a copy of the letter to anyone who wants it or doubts my story.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Robert
Major General
Rep

It's cool if anything I will retract my deposit. I am not in a hurry to get first of the boat.

Quote:
Well Will in "Internet sales" may be good on his word to get you a new M3 at MSRP. Their other sales folks are not. I just concluded an e-mail exchange with a sales rep there trying to move me from where I have my deposit now. He informed me of the following:

-Spot #n is not really spot #n as the owner will take some cars for his purpose (meaning to drive, sell to his friends or family, etc.) .
-Those willing to pay over list will be able to jump spots in line (i.e. their spot #s mean jack sh%$ !) .
-Early M5/6s at LBBMW sold for $25k over MSRP and still today come with mandatory options as I mentioned above .
-He thought the Car Magazine article had "photos" of the car ... UGH!

Well I don't mean to crush anyones hope but it sounds like LBBMW is a place to stay away from if you want honesty, transparency and MSRP. I can PM a copy of the letter to anyone who wants it or doubts my story.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #9
DC52E55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Will never called me back or reply my PMs. How do you get a hold of him?

Anyway, I added my list on steven creek BMW and they didnt promise me anything about price nor take my deposit. Just added my name on their list. Kinda weird.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:

MSRP for the soon to be release M3 is a bargain
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
-Early M5/6s at LBBMW sold for $25k over MSRP and still today come with mandatory options as I mentioned above
Wow, that's lame.

Guys, take your business elsewhere. Dealers like this end up getting stuck with cars. No one pays over MSRP anymore. Ask how long LB BMW had their '06 M Coupes sitting there with a markup. I bet they ended up selling them at a discount 6 months later.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #12
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC52E55 View Post
Will never called me back or reply my PMs. How do you get a hold of him?

Anyway, I added my list on steven creek BMW and they didnt promise me anything about price nor take my deposit. Just added my name on their list. Kinda weird.
Those guys are a$$holes. I wouldn't go there.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #13
freddiemac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 m3 supercharged

Will is a good guy. Even though I didn't end up buying a car from him (I'm in Nor Cal), but he was cool, up-front, and helpful. So I was tempted to go down there and buy the car from him.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #14
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

i'm spot number 8. woot!
Appreciate 0