BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

10-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #45
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
...How about we hate on the people that can't appreciate anything past a mini-van like a lady I work with who trashes even the thought of a sports car and anyone "idiotic enough" to drive one. Every time the car subject comes up she has to bash me for my cars...
You should just feel a little sorry for those that view the automobile as a transportation appliance.

And as for that lady, next time you get the pushback, tell her just that. You're sorry for her because you have tons of fun each time you're behind the wheel, while she's just going somewhere.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #46
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

It never stops amusing me how the owners of the lesser brands come to troll on the top dog's forum
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #47
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
Please read what I said and then respond. Your point doesn't make sense as a tune will not drive the roots supercharger faster. It is the pulleys job so if you want to make the supercharger go faster then you need to change the pulley. In this case the pulley doesn't need to go faster because Audi is not using the full boost but bleeding the boost off anything above 5000rpm. This is not a turbo charger so it does not go faster. If you can't understand how a supercharger works please don't make up information.
Uhhhh... Do you think there is a difference between forces exerted on a rotating assembly at 7200 RPM with pressure/compression versus without? They vent the pressure to protect the hardware, smart guy. Roots-type blowers generate a TON of heat (look it up, supercharger expert), and do not operate efficiently at high RPMs. That's why centrifugal superchargers exist... and to confuse people like you. If you can't understand basic physics please don't get upset at those who can.
      10-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #48
yellowssm
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

as a current BMW E46 M3 owner, if I had to spend my money on a current M3 or a current S4 id get the S4 hands down. And yes I have driven both.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #49
jdgamble
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You may know basic physics but you have no clue how it is applied on the S4 and the APR tune. So please inform yourself before espousing crap on the internet.
Let me say it again. This tune is NOT MAKING THE SUPERCHARGER GO ANY FASTER HENCE EFFICIENCY IS NOT AFFECTED. You are assuming that the tune will raise the rpm but it doesn't, so your higher rpm theory goes out the door because no matter tune or no tune the blower is still going to have the same rpm of a stock car. They are just closing the valve to utilize the full boost which Audi discharge at 5000rpm+. Why they did this is most likely because they still want to sell an RS4/RS5 or so that they can just up the boost so that they can match whatever BMW puts out.
In most supercharger upgrades you would decrease the size of the pulley so that the pulley would spin faster to increase boost then your basic physics would be correct, but in this case the tune does not ask for a smaller pulley and the stock pulley is used so no change in supercharger speed hence your basic physics is incorrect.
Seriously if you still can't get this than please study more of your basic physics then go out and learn comprehension and application.
I will try to explain this in a way that you can understand, then I'm done...

Picture this... Revving an engine to 4000 RPM in neutral... not much LOAD on the engine, right? Now picture this, at 4000 RPM in gear while in gear, floor the throttle. In both cases, the engine is spinning at 4000 RPM, but in the latter case, the engine is under load.

In the same manner, when Audi reduces boost above 5000 RPM, the blower is essentially free-wheeling at that point... no real LOAD. But maintaining pressure results in much higher load at higher RPM... thus my 100% accurate comments above (and your total lack of understanding of basic mechanical principles).

I know the blower is not rotating any faster... it's just the fact that it is compressing EVEN MORE air at higher RPM. Try arguing with that. Oh, wait, you probably will... but you'll be wrong... and I'll still be much smarter than you.

But here's the true test... Come back in a couple years after driving that poor little Audi V6 hard with a tune. As much as I like some things about Audis, engine durability is not their strong suit. How many 2.7TT's do you see on the road these days? Almost none. And that is exactly the reason I bought an M3 instead.

You have officially lost this argument!
      10-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #50
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
But here's the true test... Come back in a couple years after driving that poor little Audi V6 hard with a tune. As much as I like some things about Audis, engine durability is not their strong suit. How many 2.7TT's do you see on the road these days? Almost none. And that is exactly the reason I bought an M3 instead.

You have officially lost this argument!
Your concerns about an aftermarket tune increasing load & heat and causing premature wear on the blower are definitely valid. The only rumor I heard that might speak to that is that Audi are using the same engine in different platforms and rating it at even higher horsepower. I don't know if they are just playing games with the HP rating or if they are doing the same thing the ECU tunes are, i.e., feeding more of the available boost back to the engine. Also, STASIS (kinda the Audi equivalent of Dinan) matches the mfrs. 4 year/50K warranty so they would have hopefully done some homework to say the blower is over-engineered enough to take a higher load...at least for a while
      10-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #51
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nah coming to this forum is like going to the zoo. It is hilarious to come over here to read what some of the fanboys are writing both Audi and BMW. We have the monkeys like you who jump up and down like crazy throwing cr@p at other brands thinking BMW is top dog, and forgeting brands like Porsche, and MB and Audi make better cars. Not necessarily the S4 but cars like the R8 and Black series cars. Then we have Audi fanboys who think a tune will allow them to beat the M3 around a track even though the S4 is larger and heavier.
I said the owners of the lesser brands come trolling on M3 forums...never seen a Porsche owner trolling on the M3 forum...do you get what a lesser brand is? Right, S4.

M3 is the top dog...I feel your pain, for an extra 15k$ you would be driving the top dog I was in the same pain as you a while after I bought the 335i.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #52
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You could say the S4 is lesser than the M3 .
At least we agreed the S4 is the lesser brand. That's what I was saying from the very beginning, though...

M3 is the top dog in its class....let's agree on this one as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #53
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 xcomp/911 cab/RR LWB

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Are you a proctologist? You come across like somebody who deals with tons of hemorrhoids on a daily basis.
Nah. The only hemorrhoids and excrement I deal with on a daily basis appear to be the fanbois on this webpage.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #54
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nal13 View Post
Nah. The only hemorrhoids and excrement I deal with on a daily basis appear to be the fanbois on this webpage.
Then quit posting
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #55
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
Then quit posting
I'm over on many of the other car forums and every brand has their fanbois. But BMW fanbois like Advskier are a unique breed. More so then any other breed of fanbois they're vulger, immature, and I doubt half of them even own BMWs. I really believe that anyone who truly owns a BMW M3 or 335i has respect for other cars. You don't buy a car like that unless your a car guy or girl.

I think the reason why I stay on e90post is because these fanbois are just so entertaining. You don't see this hostility any place else. Now I know these fanbois are a minority, but god they keep things interesting around here. That and my love for all things fast with four wheels makes me stay aboard.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #56
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Quote:
Nice.

I agree that some folks here can be somewhat fanboy'ish, but I assume that most members here love all kinds of cars, I sure do.

But when somebody starts posting photos of all their cars, telling folks that they are a doctor, and in the market for an F430, I can't help but think that this person is a total douche-bag.
The only reason why photos were posted was because advisker asked for them and my ferrrari comments came after he insulted me for driving an old porsche. I also never actually said I was a physician. He said that. Read the threads. I really didn't say anything wrong and all my comments were directed from attacks by him. I should have been the bigger man and ignored him but I've seen him on other threads and he truly is the worst type of fanboi. I figured I could rev him up a bit.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #57
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Quote:
I stand corrected. After going through the posts again I see your point; my apologies.
No problem. By the way a DINAN m3 is one sick ass ride. Hope your enjoying it
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #58
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
But where's your porsche?

I'm currently in the act of getting married but once were settled I'll be in the market for used F430 for my weekend toy. 6MT will be a given since real car enthusiasts drive manuals.

But I don't think a RWD 414 hp car would do the trick when I have some hemorrhaging to death in the middle of the night and there's fresh snow and sleet on the ground.
Uhmmm.....I guess you're the cleanup crew for the hospital, and not a Doctor. And nobody asked for a pic of your old Porsche. None of us DCT M3 drivers could possibly appreciate it, since we're not "real car enthusiasts".

How about telling us more about your midnight blood cleanup duties
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #59
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
How could anyone misinterpret your points about "real enthusiasts driving manuals", and "where's your Porsche"?
Aren't those your words. Honestly its fun messing around with you, but I'm getting tired of this game.

Furthermore one of your fellow M3 owners commented when going back through the treads that they see my point with regards to my responses.

The one thing that I haven't figured out yet is whether you are a 13 year old boy who likes to sit in his fathers M3 or an old senile man since you talk about buying porsches in the 80s? Therefore you should either be studying or checking out retirement homes. Good day fanboi!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #60
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah my porsche is 6 years old and yes I absolutely love it. I bought in new in 2004 and its probably the best material purchase I've ever made. But where's your porsche?
You don't even remember what you wrote?
I didn't ask for a pic of your old Porsche, I just quoted the idiotic thing you said.

And I thought you had me figured out. Changed your mind?
As to one person on a forum agreeing with you, it's a big internet.

But come on. I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to hear about the midnight blood detail.
I'm curious as to how it will pay for your bitch'n Ferrari.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #61
jdgamble
Captain
Rep

So I just popped in over on the Audiworld S4 forum and did a search on "M3". I found a couple threads that compared BMW to Audi... one titled Audi vs. BMW. Guess what... I could not find one single post by a BMW owner on any of the threads. Not one! Now they might be there, but in my little search, ZERO! Yet there are all these douchebag non-M3 owners on this site talking shit about M3's. What is that all about? Oh I think I know... M3 owners don't care about Audis... Unless of course Audi owners, for whatever reason, feel like they need to register on an M3 forum to stir up shit... In which case, M3 owners might get a little irritated. Is that what's happening, or am I mistaken?
      10-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #62
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

My poor thread has degenerated and as an owner of both cars and reading both forums there are douchebag fanboys on both forums...

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #63
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

i don't doubt the performance is close, now a day there are so many car that is close or faster than the m3. but the bottom line is the way the s4 look just doesn't stir my emotion the way the m3 does. so for me, m3 it is.

unless money is a factor myself included, then the s4 is a great alternative especially for people that want awd.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #64
jdgamble
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Show me where I had bad mouthed the M3. You are the douchebag BMW owner who is putting other brands down and espousing tech info that is not even correct so that you can say that the S4 is unreliable etc. You tell me I am badmouthing the M3 even though I said that I would have purchased one if I didn't live in Canada with the cold winters and snow and that I had indicated that the M3 was a better car.
You my friend not only need to learn to read and improve your comprehension but you also need to stop being a d-bag/fanboy. Don't tell me that I saying BMW is the lesser brand is me badmouthing the M3 or BMW either as that is in reference to you telling me that Audi doesn't produce a superior car to BMW when in fact it does with the R8 V10.
Our little discussion had little to do with my comment... It wasn't directed at you. It was directed at some other comments. I also started my initial thread by saying that I HAD AN S4 ON ORDER before I bought my M3. I like the S4. I don't like the idea of chipping ANY FI engine... or adding a SC to a NA engine or anything along those lines... because it affects engine (and drivetrain, etc) reliability. I feel the same way about chipping a 335. It's not brand-specific. You are delusional if you think otherwise.

But since we're still talking, why are you on a BMW forum? The day I bought my M3, I deleted the Audiworld bookmark from my fancy little bookmarks bar, and the first time I went back was today... to see if there are any M3 owners starting arguments with Audi owners. So I'm serious when I ask this... What's your motivation? I don't get it. For the record, I also don't spend time on the Porsche forums talking about how my M3 is arguably better than a 911 (irony).
      10-07-2010, 02:38 AM   #65
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

To all S4 owners on this forum, please stop trolling!!!

It's a world wide well known fact that the S4 is the lesser car....go back to your dedicated forum please if you are not able to behave on the top dog forum.

The presence on a high class top dog forum requires some manner, so please stop calling other members pricks, douchebags, fanboys...don't forget, you are the guests here.

We don't care about Audi's!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #66
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
What a bunch of retards. Both sides, but mostly the M3 fanboys. LOSERS.

I'm on my third M3. I've had two 2002s. Five BMWs. I've owned an Audi RS6 and a couple of A4s.

All eight cars have distinctly different personalities. I've had things I liked and things I didn't like about each.

To come on this forum and state one car is better than the other is ignorant and shows quite clearly the immaturity of the poster.

Good luck, fanboys.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0