BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

08-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
gongalongas
Rep
Drives: 2015 mineral grey M4

Recommendations for Miami/So Fla. dealer to buy used M3?

I live in Miami and I'm in the market for a 2008-2009 E92; does anyone have any dealer recommendations? My dad has bought a few BMWs from Braman and seems to like them, but one of my coworkers used to get hers serviced there and said she hated dealing with them. So if anyone has purchased or shopped used M3s from dealers down here and has good stories, bad stories, whatever stories they'd like to share, fire away please.

I'd especially appreciate any recs for dealers to avoid. Hopefully soon I'll be in my own M3 and be a more active member of the forum; depending on what's available around here I'd like to take it to the track occasionally.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
gongalongas
Rep

I'll take another stab at this. Has anyone have good experiences with South BMW? I'm planning on spending in the 60k neighborhood, so I may just end up trying to get a new one, so I guess the scope of my question has expanded a bit. I talked to someone at Braman again today and he kind of blew me off, and I got a weird vibe that it's because I wasn't in the market for a new car.

The guy at South seemed way more interested in my business. If he wasn't enthusiastic about getting me in a used one, he sure did a way better job of hiding it than the guy at Braman. Depending on what kind of deal they can swing I may buy a new one from them, but I have a feeling I may be shopping for this car for a few months. Anyway, I'm curious what experiences other people have had with different dealerships, both with sales and service.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F82

I've purchased new BMWs form South Motors, Braman, Vista, and Pines. Regardless of where you end up buying, the experience you have is going to come down to the Sales Adviser. I had a good experience with the internet sales guy at Braman back in 2004 for my wife's Z4 but when I went back shopping for an '04 M3 vert, the sales guy had retired and I was treated like crap by the new guy that was just trying to hustle me into what HE wanted to sell me. Anyway, I made my way North to Vista and found a decent SA but their service department was a nightmare to deal with so when it came time to buy in '06, we headed over to Lauderdale of Pembroke pines where I found the best SA to date (John Swier) and between myself, wife, and brother, we've purchased/ leased 6 BMW from him since 2006. Service dept. has always taken care of me in a satisfactory manor and now my service adviser knows me very well and since he knows how anal I am, he pampers my car whenever I'm in need of service.

My point is basically this, you can have great service and you can have crappy service from the same dealership so it's difficult to answer your questions w/o bias as most forum members probably tend to be a bit more critical of their dealers.

I've built a relationship with this dealership and that's made my buying and service experiences quite pleasant. Try to find a rep that cares about his career and not some schmuck that just starting selling cars because the real estate market crashed.

If they don't treat you right, move on. There are plenty of others that will treat you right and give you a fair deal you can feel good about.

my .02

GL
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
gongalongas
Rep

Thanks man, I appreciate the input. It turns out I'm going to just get a new one. It's not a whole lot more than I was looking at spending, and I'll be able to spec it exactly how I want. I also think I'll pick it up in SC and drive it back down here. I was born in Miami, but I grew up in Tennessee, so I think I'm going to take it around the mountains for a few days to hit all the curvy roads that we don't have down here.

It's funny, I kept the business card of the SA from Braman for a year and a half after test driving one there, but in the end I'm buying a 2011 instead of a used one, and from someone at a different dealership because of the Braman guy's attitude. I love Miami, but the level of customer service here in almost every industry is often abysmal compared to every other city I've lived in.

Anyway, thanks for the input; now I've got to figure out how to distract myself for the 6-8 weeks it's going to take to get here.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F82

You're welcome. CONGRATS! The anticipation when ordering is horrible but well worth the wait as you're only paying for what you want and getting exactly what you want.

Just keep in mind the initial 1,200 mi break-in period/ RPM limits and subsequent service for the M models. You're jaunt through the mountains should be perfect, though (Tail of the dragon would probably be the best way ever to break in a new M!)

Find out your production number from either the owner's circle or (probably easier) to get from your SA. Then, go to the M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking section of M3post and look for a thread with your vessel name to share the anxiety with other forum members on the same ship that yours is on. LOL If you don't see one, go to the same section over on e90post.com 3 Series forum (HERE). If you still don't find one, go ahead an create a new thread and otehrs will chime in soon enough. GL

For more details on the entire process, check out this details post:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43692
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

actually, vista has an AW e92 09 I beleive going for 60k.

But, because I caught the guy helping me roll his eyes after I told him i'll decide on it.. they suck. Don't go there. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongalongas View Post
I'll take another stab at this. Has anyone have good experiences with South BMW? I'm planning on spending in the 60k neighborhood, so I may just end up trying to get a new one, so I guess the scope of my question has expanded a bit. I talked to someone at Braman again today and he kind of blew me off, and I got a weird vibe that it's because I wasn't in the market for a new car.

The guy at South seemed way more interested in my business. If he wasn't enthusiastic about getting me in a used one, he sure did a way better job of hiding it than the guy at Braman. Depending on what kind of deal they can swing I may buy a new one from them, but I have a feeling I may be shopping for this car for a few months. Anyway, I'm curious what experiences other people have had with different dealerships, both with sales and service.
Why not ED?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongalongas View Post

I bough mine in Lauderlale pembroke pines and have had the best experience ever. Much better than Braman or South
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
cesspenar
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 545i

Dealing with South atm for an ED. So far so good.
Stay away from vista. Worse dealership ever, be it for sales or service.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesspenar View Post
Dealing with South atm for an ED. So far so good.
Stay away from vista. Worse dealership ever, be it for sales or service.

speaks the truth.
Appreciate 0