BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-14-2007, 01:05 AM   #45
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Time heals all....
+1

“See, Mike, the only difference between giving up and not giving up is if you take her back when she wants to come back. But you can’t do anything to make her want to come back. In fact, you can only do stuff to make her not want to come back.”

“So the only difference is if I forget about her or just pretend to forget about her.”

“Right.”

“Well, that sucks.”

“Yeah, it sucks.”

“So it’s like a retroactive decision then? I mean, I could, like, forget about her. And then when she comes back, make like I just pretended to forget about her?”

“Right, although probably more likely the opposite.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, at first you’re gonna pretend to forget about her. Not call her, I don’t know, whatever. But then, eventually, you really will forget about her.”

“Well, unless she comes back first.”

“Mm, see, that’s the thing. Somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.”

“There’s the rub.”

“There’s the rub.”
      02-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #46
Juggs
Bavarian Motor Werks Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i sport

one month later things just havent gotten any better. i now know she's been with other guys and i try to focus on that to get over her but deep down i still miss this girl. ive gone out on numerous dates with other girls.... slept with 5 different chicks since the break up.. and still she's on my mind. this sucks!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #47
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
Time heals all....

This is in addition to recommendations from the previous posts. There is not one magic formula, I'm afraid. Just suck it up. Life goes on. If you believe in that sort of thing, everything happens for a reason and sometimes its not clear why somethings are happening but all will be revealed, just have faith.

GL.
This is the tough love answer, but it's the best one too.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #48
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
what happens with serious relationships is that you convince yourself that the one you're with is perfect... you adapt to her. without even knowing, you convince yourself that there is no other girl like yours in the world.

stop being a bitch. ocean is huge, plenty of fish. you need to keep yourself occupied, go out and meet girls. find yourself a fun and outgoing "girl" friend. a cute girl you can really have fun with. now im not saying to date her, because that would just be stupid. but you need to have fun, and yes, you may ask why not have fun with my boys. fun with your boys is not the same fun. no matter how much fun you have with your boys, it doesnt really stop you from thinking about your ex. by kicking it with a fun girl, you wont think about ur ex, because you will be having fun, and since ur gonna be with a girl, you also get a bit of feelings involved. which you wont get by rocking it with ur buds. dont try to take her down, at least not for the first month. but have fun, thats what its all about.

oh and P.S, dont do things with her that you used to do with ur EX.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #49
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama View Post
her pink taco, vertical smile, beaver, wine glass, cooch, taint, tweeter, poontang, baby maker, fur burger, muff bunny, bearder oyster, beef curtains, wunder down under.

ahahahaaha funny shit right there buddy

oh you said that you work in a hospital..... mad cute RICH honeys in a hospital. i may have to take a trip down to dallas and help you out my man. get me a beautiful rich american nurse
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #50
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer View Post
what happens with serious relationships is that you convince yourself that the one you're with is perfect... you adapt to her. without even knowing, you convince yourself that there is no other girl like yours in the world.

stop being a bitch. ocean is huge, plenty of fish. you need to keep yourself occupied, go out and meet girls. find yourself a fun and outgoing "girl" friend. a cute girl you can really have fun with. now im not saying to date her, because that would just be stupid. but you need to have fun, and yes, you may ask why not have fun with my boys. fun with your boys is not the same fun. no matter how much fun you have with your boys, it doesnt really stop you from thinking about your ex. by kicking it with a fun girl, you wont think about ur ex, because you will be having fun, and since ur gonna be with a girl, you also get a bit of feelings involved. which you wont get by rocking it with ur buds. dont try to take her down, at least not for the first month. but have fun, thats what its all about.

oh and P.S, dont do things with her that you used to do with ur EX.
+1!! except he said he porked like 5 girls already and he is still thinking about her. Logical advice, go spank 5 more and see where that gets you. Realistic advice, see a psychiatrist.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #51
Juggs
Bavarian Motor Werks Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik View Post
+1!! except he said he porked like 5 girls already and he is still thinking about her. Logical advice, go spank 5 more and see where that gets you. Realistic advice, see a psychiatrist.
no problem. got number 6 coming thursday night
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #52
2009BMW335
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
it's hard to getover someone you really care about. the best solution would be to move somewhere else, but obviously this can be pretty hard for people who have good jobs etc. just try and do things that take up your life. get some new hobbies. start riding bikes, get a fish tank, start doing community service, shit like that. best of luck to you!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 11:20 AM   #53
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
advice from the movie "40 year old virgin"

you got to take down 30-40 hood rats before you even think abt getting serious with one girl

good advice to me
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #54
Major
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 745li / cls 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
i was with this girl for 4 years, thought i was going to marry her. turns out she was getting extremely possessive and didnt want to wait to get married ( i wanted her to finish up with nursing school before asking her the question). she got defensive so i let her go. a few weeks goes by, we talk off and on, and recently she got very ill with a kidney infection. i was going to bring her dinner to her apartment but she kept saying no no, shes not up to it. Turns out she's dating some "pretty boy" now and her friends gave me the low down that even though she was saying she wanted to work things out with me, she doesnt want to.

So now i need to completely put her out of my mind, buts its really hard. how do you get over someone? I'm going out on a date tonight with this girl i've known for a while, but im not like "excited" about it, i miss my ex

get two whores
      02-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #55
Major
Bulgaria
Rep

what... you dont like whores?? more for me than
      02-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #56
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
hahah this is a funny thread.
      02-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #57
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700 View Post
what... you dont like whores?? more for me than
someone need to kick the snot outa that chicken in your sign bro.
      02-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #58
shragon
No_Country
Rep

i got this from another site... put a rubber band around your wrist. any time you think of her, pull the rubber band back and snap yourself.

these are things that i found helpful:

1) keep yourself busy! go to the gym, work on your car and/or house, pick up a new hobby, etc...
2) go hang out with your friends!
3) don't listen to sad music!

and as said, only time can make it totally heal. good luck man! you can do it!

also check out what's written below:

Quote:
Letting Go

After breaking up with someone you loved, even if you were the one who decided to end it and don't feel rejected, you still feel a sense of loss, and you ache for the love you were getting that's now gone. All these feelings have to work themselves out of your system. It's a process you must go through, similar to grieving or getting over an addiction, and some researchers say that it can take up to half as long as the relationship lasted.

However, just as there are ways to make the "In Love" feeling happen (see "Why People Love"), there are ways to encourage the "Out Of Love" feeling as well. Here are some proven guidelines for helping you regain a normal emotional state in the shortest period of time:

1. Make a clean break
Quit seeing your ex, totally. You've become addicted to their love, and the only way to recover is cold turkey. If you keep seeing him or her, it's like a drug addict begging for "just one more" hit. Don't call. Don't "just be friends." Because each time you get close enough to your ex to get the good parts of what you once had, you'll get the bad parts too.

2. Write a last love letter
There are always so many things you still want to say to your ex. Write a letter that says them all and then don't send it. Put it away. Just writing it will make you feel better. You'll be relieved of carrying around the thoughts in your mind and free yourself for new and better things.

3. Make a "hate list"
When you break up, you often forget the bad times and only yearn for the good ones. Before you forget, write down every nasty mean thing your ex ever did so that you can look at the list whenever you start to feel nostalgic for your old romance. (Don't send this, either...)

4. Use "thought-stopping" to combat sad thoughts
If you think, "If only I could get (him or her) back, everything would be all right." Or, "I just wish I could see (him or her) one more time." These thoughts will only frustrate you and make you sad. Stop the unhappy thoughts by keeping a rubber band around your wrist. When you have the obsessive thoughts about your ex, snap the rubber band as soon as the thought starts to happen. That way you'll begin to associate the sad thoughts with the aversion therapy you're using. After a while, the thoughts will stop by themselves as soon as they start.

5. Avoid sad associations
Don't listen to sad songs on the radio. Skip the stations that remind you of your ex. Listen to music without words for a while. Don't go to the places you went with your ex. Put away all the pictures and momentos that remind you of your ex. Put away the gifts you got and even rearrange your furniture or stay with a friend for awhile if there are too many sad memories at home. Stay away from friends of your ex and avoid seeking gossip about your ex. Whatever you hear, you won't feel any better.

6. Find someone new
Force yourself to date. Don't be a recluse. I know you're not ready to get serious about someone else yet, but it's important to get out and get circulating, and a new man or woman in your life will be a pleasant distraction. But resist the temptation to cry on their shoulder, no matter how sympatico they seem. Don't even start to tell the new person about your ex and how bad it was. Just enjoy the new relationship.
      02-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #59
Major
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
someone need to kick the snot outa that chicken in your sign bro.
not me dude, tis a scary chicken
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #60
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700 View Post
not me dude, tis a scary chicken
i'll turn that chicken into a meal

Last edited by txusa03; 02-14-2007 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #61
BimmerMan 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Take some time, get out and about...do some things that you like to do. Time is the only thing that gets you feeling better!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #62
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Get with her friend, or if you can handle it, her mom
      02-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #63
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama View Post
her pink taco, vertical smile, beaver, wine glass, cooch, taint, tweeter, poontang, baby maker, fur burger, muff bunny, bearder oyster, beef curtains, wunder down under.

this is why i love this forum so much, everyday you'll learn new things...from love, relationship, car-related stuffs...hell even synonyms for vagina
      02-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #64
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw View Post
+1milllion!!!! DUDE thats the best advice i hate to say this but it works!! i denied the mom and went for her friends!! it was great!! youd be surprised how quick her friends are willing to hang out with you!! AS soon as u mention your not together and ask to take here out they just somehow arent friends anymore!! and the WAR starts!!
next thing u know u could be banging em both together!!! :rocks: :rocks:
      02-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #65
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw View Post
if her mom is a MILF....if not then go for the next best thing, her best friend...followed by sister, cousin, aunt :rocks:
      02-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #66
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
hire a stripper
remember if you hire a stripper don't forget to add your pic to the faces + car thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47071