BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

08-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #67
Dr.G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not enough room!!!

You are wasting ur time at the MB dealer. Just get the M3 and be a happy man. And if you are worried about the price difference, im sure the 4 years of complete maintenance from BMW will ease the price difference.

PS. the chrome on the C63 is tacky. From JC: glittering disco ball?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #68
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
yes they do.
which ones
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #69
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
Completely understandable!
I agree the M3 isn't a true sports car as well, even it is too refined.

I'm just young and in-love with all the "hardcore" stuff. I'm sure I'll grow out of it too.
Oh no, the M3 is a true sports car. It may not look all the way like your typical 'sports car', but it does have all the handling, power, and speed. The bonus part is that the M3 has the refinement along with the total package. Also, the M3 is heavy, but it's very quick and nimble at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #70
Hyperspaced
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Nawaaz: You sound much happier about your car again. Good.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #71
moosety2009
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Maserati spyder/BMW z4

M3
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #72
Vegasmach1
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 C63;Mustang Mach1(2)

Garage List
I'll add my .02 here. After countless days, weeks and months trying to decide which car to get, I choose the C63. It was a very objective process and a well thought out decision on what works best for me. The M3 is a truly fine work of art. The one thing I couldn't quite figure out though was its daily use. I really would like to know how many of the regulars here will take it to that "EDGE" of performance necessary to obtain that little bit the M has to offer over the C. The M really shines once you get it to the 84k redline and taking out on a track. Well for me I don't live at the track and winding it up every time I want to get that special tingly feeling wasn't doing it for me. I want N/A power immediately delivered in a luxury package and not too technically over done.
The C delivered in nearly every category. The power, the sound, the raw (beauty mines black), the seats, the sound system (only used it once so far), the mod potential to release the beast, and the price. The free maintenance comparable cost and interest came out to be still in my favor on the BEST price I could find on the M I wanted, even in So Cal.
In the end we choose our cars for our own reasons, I for one can't wait to get her up to her potential after break-in.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #73
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken37.73 View Post
Sorry no offense intended. I'm 100% sure that committed E90 owners see it the exact opposite way to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. It's just a personal thing, I've had saloons(sedans) in the past and they always left me cold. Another poster was just looking to get a reaction in the oter thread and got a bit confrontational etc.
Oh just ignore Nawaaz. He's stated the exact opposite of what you said on numerous occasions. He's just a door racist who thinks more is better. Eh Nawaaz (see how I threw in some canajin there? Eh! Eh!) You know I love ya
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #74
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post

That hit the spot. Perfect colour combo too. Nicest I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #75
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasmach1 View Post
I'll add my .02 here. After countless days, weeks and months trying to decide which car to get, I choose the C63. It was a very objective process and a well thought out decision on what works best for me. The M3 is a truly fine work of art. The one thing I couldn't quite figure out though was its daily use. I really would like to know how many of the regulars here will take it to that "EDGE" of performance necessary to obtain that little bit the M has to offer over the C. The M really shines once you get it to the 84k redline and taking out on a track. Well for me I don't live at the track and winding it up every time I want to get that special tingly feeling wasn't doing it for me. I want N/A power immediately delivered in a luxury package and not too technically over done.
The C delivered in nearly every category. The power, the sound, the raw (beauty mines black), the seats, the sound system (only used it once so far), the mod potential to release the beast, and the price. The free maintenance comparable cost and interest came out to be still in my favor on the BEST price I could find on the M I wanted, even in So Cal.
In the end we choose our cars for our own reasons, I for one can't wait to get her up to her potential after break-in.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your cars.
I honestly think you made the right choice. If I were to go back and make a more objective decision. I think I would have to sided with you.

The M3 was a instinctive and emotional purchase where I wish I could have went back and objectively compare the competition.

Damn you top gear!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #76
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Was comparing the M3 vs C63 in terms of geeky electronics. I came from a C320 and an E55 so I'm familiar with MB's. I can truly say that MBUSA eff'ed up big time by not bringing Parktronic and Keyless Go to the US. Also, the C63 does not have electronic folding mirrors and Teleaid is not standard (on the old C32 / C55, Teleaid was standard)

The only good thing about the MB is the MFD that offers navigation info in your direct line of vision compared to the iDrive in the M3.
      08-11-2009, 03:58 AM   #77
Koroush
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: nothing

M3 M3 and M3.
      08-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #78
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
I think if MB would hire someone from BMW or Audi to design their interiors, this would be an easy choice. It looks so damn dull compared to the M3 and the M3 much sexier on the outside. I can live without folding mirrors lol. I'm getting a 2010 model, but still undecided, but which one....?
      08-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #79
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Never even considered one since I wanted a coupe, 6MT, and plan to track. However, if I wanted a DD sedan, I would have given the C63 serious consideration. It's a rocket, very comfortable, and it looks pretty good (a touch overdone, but much more muscular and aggressive than its predecessors).

This thread really only has relevance to bench racers and those who are trying to justify their purchases. Drive both cars and it is immediately obvious that they have two very different personalities and very different strengths and weaknesses. That makes it a very personal decision that can't be conclusively answered in a thread like this, which is why this thread is going on 5 pages and the last one on the same subject went to 7 pages.
      08-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #80
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Never even considered one since I wanted a coupe, 6MT, and plan to track. However, if I wanted a DD sedan, I would have given the C63 serious consideration. It's a rocket, very comfortable, and it looks pretty good (a touch overdone, but much more muscular and aggressive than its predecessors).

This thread really only has relevance to bench racers and those who are trying to justify their purchases. Drive both cars and it is immediately obvious that they have two very different personalities and very different strengths and weaknesses. That makes it a very personal decision that can't be conclusively answered in a thread like this, which is why this thread is going on 5 pages and the last one on the same subject went to 7 pages.
+1 on the different personalities. The M3 has the more 'athletic with finesse & power' personality. The C63 has the more 'MACHO and brute' personality.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #81
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post

+1 Plus it seems from the responses here most people are comparing the C63 to the E92 M3 and not E90 which isn't comparable.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #82
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasmach1 View Post
I'll add my .02 here.
The exhaust says it all. I was stuck in the E90/C63 debate myself.

Too bad you missed the meeting with Riyatch (from here) and I this past Sat.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #83
Koroush
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: nothing

Merc breaks quicker.
      08-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #84
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush View Post
Merc breaks quicker.
I take it you didn't read the numerous issues being discussed in the General M3 forum before your made this baseless statement. In fact if you go to MBWorld.org and in the C63 forum you will see there are FAR LESS issues owners are complaining about with C63's as compared to the M3.The most common issues C63's have are throwing CEL in the first few weeks of ownership. These have been diagnosed to be either caused by defective cam sensor or purge valve, nothing major.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #85
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
I take it you didn't read the numerous issues being discussed in the General M3 forum before your made this baseless statement. In fact if you go to MBWorld.org and in the C63 forum you will see there are FAR LESS issues owners are complaining about with C63's as compared to the M3.The most common issues C63's have are throwing CEL in the first few weeks of ownership. These have been diagnosed to be either caused by defective cam sensor or purge valve, nothing major.
I wasn't sure if he was talking about "breaks" or "brakes." With people's spelling these days, you never can tell.

If the former, I agree with you that the C63 has been solid so far. The only major issue with the M3 has been the DCT, which isn't surprising given the new technology involved.

If the latter, the M3 stops much shorter (likely due to its lesser weight).
      08-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #86
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
Mike, I'd be curious to know how fast you're going through a set of tires and what your average fuel consumption is... (out of curiosity... not hostility!)

Cheers.
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #87
SM_M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2008 M3 Sedan

Garage List
This is a good problem to have!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #88
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
Mike, I'd be curious to know how fast you're going through a set of tires and what your average fuel consumption is... (out of curiosity... not hostility!)

Cheers.
My last car was a E46 M3. I had Michelin PS2 on it and I drove 16K+ miles a year and replaced the rears around each year. At around 15K+ I went on my 3rd set of rears (Michelin PS2's). My first 2 sets were the stock Pirelli Pzero which were absolutely TERRIBLE. Thread wear TERRIBLE. Traction TERRIBLE. I went slightly wider in the back (265/25/R18) with the PS2 and the difference is night and day in terms of traction with these tires as well as handling. The C63 is finally able to put its power to the ground under aggressive acceleration in the first few gears, while previously I would spin through gears 1 & 2.

In all honesty I'm not sure if I can give you an exact MPG on my usage (just something I don't want to even know ). This is my DD (even though I think it might be time to start using the GF's TSX) and if anyone knows about the commute out of Hoboken by the Lincoln tunnel its a nightmare. As soon as the traffic clears I usually nail it. Especially driving in manual mode gas goes quick (usually keeping the RPMs high and rushing to work). If you drive in Comfort mode and cruise on the highways in 7th gear you probably average around 20-21 MPG.
Appreciate 0