BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

05-19-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
Merlin_83
Merlin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 6MT w/ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Smile Which exhaust requires the least or no modification?

Cheers,

I did a search but really didn't find anything - is there an exhaust that just 'works' i.e. doesn't require any cutting or modification ? I'm sure the OEM M-performance exhaust just slips on, and probably the Akra too.

The units I'm considering: Eisenmann Sport, MPE, Akra, Meisterschaft....really struggling with which one will have good sound, have at least a small amount of performance and doesn't require any cutting or modifications. If I was close to EAS I would for sure have them do the OEM mod and add new tips, but that's not an option for me.

After the exhaust I wanna have Mike at BPM perform a 'tune' on the car too, just to make sure I get the most from the new exhaust - even if I wasn't buying the exhaust I'd have the BPM tune done since so many people have said it really makes a big difference with VANOS, Octane and throttle maps, etc. being optimized.

Thank you,
Merlin

2012 E92 M3 ZCP | 2008 E90 335xi | 2008 E90 335i |
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

There are a lot of mfg's that have just the muffler back. That will give you some sound however, there really will be no appreciable performance gain.

I would not really spend the money on a tune unless you're going to go catless/hfc since that restriction will still be present if you don't.

All of the main players have bolt on systems that will not require cutting or welding. Avoid "test pipes" and you won't have to cut anything unless you buy a system that was already modified/cut and just requires a bolt up.
Appreciate 0