BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
dead ringer
09 M3 E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90 - DCT

V3 vs Clubsports - harshness

I may have missed it, but I tried the and couldn't gather much info. I am sure someone will post a link, whats the ride quality like between the V3's and Clubsports? The M3 has turned into a weekend toy and I DRIVE it when i get out, so I hit corners and turns hard and like the car to feel planted! Would love to have a taught suspension without it being too bone jarring for my wife. I was originally going to grab some Ohlins (and still may, but its hard to justify ~$4000! installed), but if I can get a smoking deal on some used Clubsports I may just go that route. How much "harsher"is the ride between the V3's and the Clubsports? I have ridden in a V3 equipped car and it was better than stock
      12-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

KW V3s feel like stock or slightly better, depending on who you speak with.

KW Clubsports have a noticeably taut ride. I find that they are still easy to live with every day, but if you are not accustomed to a modified suspension with race spring rates you may find the ride feel to be too stiff.

If it helps, KW Clubsports still ride substantially softer than most coilover applications from Japanese manufacturers for Japanese cars.
      12-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
dead ringer
09 M3 E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
KW Clubsports have a noticeably taut ride. I find that they are still easy to live with every day, but if you are not accustomed to a modified suspension with race spring rates you may find the ride feel to be too stiff.

If it helps, KW Clubsports still ride substantially softer than most coilover applications from Japanese manufacturers for Japanese cars.
thanks, maybe someone has some here in Phoenix I can catch a ride in. But yes I want the car to feel planted, I almost always drive the car with the EDC set in the hardest setting, yet I know picking these up will be much better. I think picking up set of used clubsports (roughly $2200 w/ EDC delete) plus install should be a better deal than Ohlins @ ~$4000 (with EDC and install).