BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

02-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #23
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
Cadillac targets the M5 and develops a sedan that outperforms it (by either a smidge or more depending on which comparison you believe) for $30K less. Their engineers deserve a bravo for that, no question.

The real question is: Are you willing to buy a $60K, techno-laden sedan from a company teetering on the brink of bankruptcy knowing GM's track record for first year model releases?
Well, this isnt really the first generation CTS-V at all, the last one was more or less a disaster, and they have worked out all the kinks out of the system (by switching chasis') and putting in a proven LSA motor in to make it move. GM can be called alot of things, but they are reliable cars, and this car has already been out long enough for rumors of poor build quality or any other kind of glitch to be heard about.
I just test drove the thing today, and let me tell you, its one impressive car.

I knew it would perform well from all ive read, but its got a really refined interior that one wouldnt expect in an american car (which i think peaks that of BMW's these days, which are unexplainably bland) and a ride quality similar to that of the closest thing to a new sporty BMW (the Z8) only handles much tighter.

The brakes are fantastic, and it just seemed to me like a very well built car, i for one am very convinced that its a great car, and hell some more people should buy some american cars, it couldnt hurt our atrocious economy.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #24
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
Well, this isnt really the first generation CTS-V at all, the last one was more or less a disaster, and they have worked out all the kinks out of the system (by switching chasis') and putting in a proven LSA motor in to make it move. GM can be called alot of things, but they are reliable cars, and this car has already been out long enough for rumors of poor build quality or any other kind of glitch to be heard about.
I just test drove the thing today, and let me tell you, its one impressive car.

I knew it would perform well from all ive read, but its got a really refined interior that one wouldnt expect in an american car (which i think peaks that of BMW's these days, which are unexplainably bland) and a ride quality similar to that of the closest thing to a new sporty BMW (the Z8) only handles much tighter.

The brakes are fantastic, and it just seemed to me like a very well built car, i for one am very convinced that its a great car, and hell some more people should buy some american cars, it couldnt hurt our atrocious economy.
Nice post, I could'nt agree more. Actually, the CTS-V is a tremendous vehicle. It's build quality and interior components are actually superior to much of the German and Japanese offerings. And the power, yeh. In the end though, the look and feel of the M3 just lured me in.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #25
MidwestBimmerFan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3, 1976 2002

Interesting! I'd still take the M5 hands down any day though. Granted I haven't driven the other two but i'm not really into those big lazy lump V8 engines. You can't beat the beautiful sound, 8250 redline, the looks (some may disagree but I think it is gorgeous), quality, and the fantastic driving experience that the M5 offers. Still great job by caddy.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #26
eNCore
///M 5light
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5

I always see C63 gets put against higher end cars in tests and is able to keep up, but not M3. Seems like the only place M3 belongs is on the track. Seems like they are trying to tell us something. C63 is a better all around car! Hope I don't get flamed for this...but I think it is the truth. I mean I would probably get a M3 over a C63 but the only AND ONLY reason is because it looks better, and not because it is a better car. Let me put it this way. I want to own a M3 (for the name and looks), but I want to drive a C63 (for the fun!).
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 04:39 AM   #27
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post
I always see C63 gets put against higher end cars in tests and is able to keep up, but not M3. Seems like the only place M3 belongs is on the track. Seems like they are trying to tell us something. C63 is a better all around car! Hope I don't get flamed for this...but I think it is the truth. I mean I would probably get a M3 over a C63 but the only AND ONLY reason is because it looks better, and not because it is a better car. Let me put it this way. I want to own a M3 (for the name and looks), but I want to drive a C63 (for the fun!).
Trying... hard... to... respond... without... profanity...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #28
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
I always see C63 gets put against higher end cars in tests and is able to keep up, but not M3. Seems like the only place M3 belongs is on the track. Seems like they are trying to tell us something. C63 is a better all around car! Hope I don't get flamed for this...but I think it is the truth.
The M3 is a much better car to exploit it ability in day to day life when connected to the M-DCT but the C63's torque is a very appealing experience and hard to ignore when trying to consider the rest of the package which when you really dig deep and explore isn't quite up to the ability of the M3 but for 95% of driving one does the C63 does on the face of it seem to be the better daily drive.

Quote:
I mean I would probably get a M3 over a C63 but the only AND ONLY reason is because it looks better, and not because it is a better car. Let me put it this way. I want to own a M3 (for the name and looks), but I want to drive a C63 (for the fun!).
Well looks are as much important a thing as anything else about a car, in fact it may even be more important. It's one of the reasons why I picked the M3 over the C63.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #29
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Trying... hard... to... respond... without... profanity...
LOL I love it how the 335 owners always seem to get under the M3 owners skin. I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of there posts are just to piss M3 owners off and are not a valid opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 03:56 AM   #30
eNCore
///M 5light
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
LOL I love it how the 335 owners always seem to get under the M3 owners skin. I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of there posts are just to piss M3 owners off and are not a valid opinion.
I am not trying to piss anyone off. Just sharing my opinion. I am getting a new car in Dec, and had a really hard time deciding on what to get for the past year as of right now the opinion I posted is what I am telling myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #31
DakarE36
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3

Quote:
im very very confused you have an ///M in your name, and you think that lazy automatic sloppy muscle car is better then the m3. You deserve a flaming cause thats just false, and very silly to say in this particular forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #32
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

I think if you are looking at a DCT M3, then the C63 is a worthy competitor. If the price is the same, I would suggest a C63 with the PP over a DCT M3 for most people that don't intend to track their car much. Is it wrong for some people to prefer a machete over a scalpel?